My take on tonights game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
I thought Kite and Ballin were very good.

Rose was excellent.

Robbo is class.

Hopoate and Foran are the future.

Watmough aggressive and very involved.

No bad performers tonight.

Dont get too excited the Raiders were away from home with their best 4 players missing, count them Campese, Dugan, Shillington and Leroyd-Lars.

We need a repeat against the Titans.

I agree with all this - particularly the repeat effort required against the Titans.

Kite's first 20mins were outstanding, get over the hardon you have about his passing the ball (which sent Hoppa away on a line break last night when we were struggling, and also got us a try against the Sharks) and watch it again, he set a great platform

I respectfully disagree with your summation Dan

Brett was infront of the guy behind him,it would have been a try there with the correct pass which was infront of Brett,called a Flattish or flat pass

Im not faulting Kite on his defense,His attack is sideways looking for options instead of running hard which he done once (He got hit hard,but got straight back up),i noticed he was his usual self before and after this,i was proud of him taking such a heavy hit though,Kites defense is faultless most games,his attack however needs work

Cameron Smith has the best halfback in the league bar maybe Thurston (Very debatable:See Cronk),he also has the crafty Widdop to pass to but at times he becomes explosive,even when Cronk is in a good position,also at times he has Slater inbound but occasionally backs himself which he is good enough to do,Ballin on the other hand has Foran whos up there with Marshall already and DCE who isnt anywhere near what he is going to be,
which is a huge wrap on DCE after some of the brilliance he has done so far,DCE is an enigma and i see a better version of the canberra number 7 in his future,better than that short bloke ever was and being a QLDER will play SOO,unlike NSW,QLD use their best players unfortunately for us blues,anyway this section is about Ballin and he could do alot more in attack,even with his set of superstars behind him....he hasnt realised he could be one himself

Choc has those worst hands in the NRL with a few other players as serious contenders,his attack when he catches is near lethal,always penetrating and pushing forward,this should have its own Dally M Medal for the worst hands in the NRL,Choc would always be in the top 5 if not winning it,but repeating myself i will say when he catches it things seem to pick up in a big way,he pushes 3-4 men with what looks like ease before a quick play the ball off the back of which anything can happen

Foran was easily the best on field,but other players also had good games,Gifty's game is not a typical back rowers game and he had to move,Ballin was safe in attack and defense,safe is good yes but im hoping for more in the coming weeks,Robbo had a ripper of a game for a man i claimed to old and to slow,DCE was good but lost direction with the loss of Foran and Hopoate was again awesome for a 1st full year rookie

Snake....what to say of Snake,besides his 2 uncharacteristic knock on's (1 of which i would debate) he had a very solid 1st game back,his move to the wing scared me and the commentators reasoning for it scared me even more,but he came through with flying colours which will always be the best sign we can hope for,His 1st try was on the back of a deft pass and pure desire,his second was from Lyon's pass to Hopoate who may or may not have made the line himself,unlike Oldfield Snake made the 4 pointer into a 6 pointer,but the try was a gift,The 3rd try took all his energy,pace and acceleration to finish but he did this with a huge smile on his face,he made sure of that 4 points which again Hoppa may have scored himself BUT Hoppa thought the assured points were better than buffing his own stats (See Oldfield last week in a no-try)

I do watch the other teams players,their rookie at the back was solid,Ox had no go forward to put his genius to work and his 5th tackle options showed his lack of confidence and were in essence,awful but he never gave up and there is no way that bloke could have caught Brett if DCE done a flat style pass to him,not with his acceleration shown minutes later running of Forans right arm through the line and his last try in the corner,Canberra were awful in attack and leaky in defense,if that had have been a dry track id assume a final score of something along the lines of 50or more-12 win to the boys in maroon

There is no way brett would have gotten away that player was standing on top of him and would have tackled him immediately. Not to mention he only just saw him. If he lets go of the ball we are tackled and our strike weapon is playing the ball or the ball is lost.

If he holds it he allows foran to setup the next play. Seriously your judgement is horrible

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4