My Round 14 Post Mortem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
First of all, I want to say that the Refs decided the game tonight.

How can that Reynolds "try" be awarded?? Are they blind?? Obviously, the multiple replays are of no use.

Secondly, the penalty right on full time is a bit harsh. Then, to follow it up with a gift win in front of the post?? Manly fans feel cheated!

New Players =
- I'm impressed with recruits like Hiku who keeps improving with every match.
- Lawrence & Horo, also star recruits. Recruitment department, take a bow.

What's missing =

- The telling factors in the last few weeks:

1. Discipline - we gift away too many penalties and drop too many balls.

2. Completions - we don't do well here. We need to go back to the old school of finishing the sets of sixes. The old story, you cannot win without the football.

3. Big Joe and Kingy - We lost two big bookends. We don't have the props to lay the foundations for the backs. There's not enough room for the smaller guys. It showed tonight.

We may need to shop for some big tough 80 min guys.
Forwards that can do a lot of barging and big hit ups without feeling the pinch.

---

2. Completions - we don't do well here. We need to go back to the old school of finishing the sets of sixes. The old story, you cannot win without the football.

We had 60% of possession. Seems we can't win with it either.

We are still not clinical enough when attacking near the try line. Some poor grubber attempts in the 1st half lifted the pressure off the Poodles.

Proud of the boys for the spirited fight back, I think a draw would have been a fair result tonight.

simon64 said:

We had 60% of possession. Seems we can't win with it either.

Both teams completed 88% of their sets in that match. The Bulldogs won that match off a strong early lead built off winning the lottery on high kicks and then the atrocious video ref decision.

The possession stat doesn't look good though.

Right now we are own worst enemies, 2nd play of the game, dumb off load, a minute later 6 points, that set the pattern for the next 15 minutes and we were on the back foot and chasing our tail.

Discipline is really bad at times, dropped balls, no line drop outs, no pressure. Lack of go forward.

When Manly played direct and faster in the last 15 minutes, the gave the dogs all sorts of grief. That needs to happen from the get go.

Discipine has to be addressed. I know we got a dud call in golden point, but Keiran needs to shut it!!

Discipline is instilled from the coach. Look no further than the coach.

Look at the disciplined teams like Souths and what is there is a coach that is living discipline.

g'day all,just trying to be objective,which means being critical where i think its needed,and certainly dont blame anyone individually for losing.The loss of kingy,joe and richie along with brett certainly hasn't helped our cause but i just dont get why tom symonds,who is already a good player and could be anything gets so little game time as he looks dangerous anytime hes near the ball.In contrast glen who just doesnt seem to threaten much of anything these days plays eighty,even jamie b who seems to cop more than his share of criticism,has more impact at the line.Also dce's try from dummy half showed that having a fast creative player working out of dummy half for certain periods of a match really has its benefits and is something we obviously lack.And whats happened to stevies dummy half running he was one of the best but hasn't been doing it of late?On the positive side young hiku has shown real promise and talent.
cheers mike

I am a huge fan of Matt Balin; I think every Manly supporter is. But the above point about being dangerous from dummy half is valid. We need an 'injection' (bad choice of words) at the back end of both halves from an elusive player. I'm thinking here of Chisholm, replacing Balin when we need to exploit tiring forwards.
Thoughts?

The Who said:
I am a huge fan of Matt Balin; I think every Manly supporter is. But the above point about being dangerous from dummy half is valid. We need an 'injection' (bad choice of words) at the back end of both halves from an elusive player. I'm thinking here of Chisholm, replacing Balin when we need to exploit tiring forwards.
Thoughts?

I like it!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4