My reply to the cowboys whining

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let Thurston whine. Let Townsville whine. FFS let the whole of QLD bitch and moan. I love it!

My only regret is that it didn't happen in a game against us.

Thurston has to suck it up. He was in origin teams last year with the inglis try and the hodges obstruction, and singing the qld anthem in the aussie team. All i can say johno is I I ippy ippy I

Lol they finished 8th. Get the f*ck over it - it happened in the 8th minute. They had 72 minutes to turn it around. On top of that linnet should have leaped in the air and they would of scored - there's no corner post anymore you genius. By diving low his leg was always going into touch. Suck sh*t cowgirls you never deserved to be in 8 in the first place.

I genuinely feel sorry for the Cowboys. That whole game was try for try and if the Sharks hadn't have scored that controversial try, then chances are the Cowboys would have been in the lead at 80 minutes and therefore won the game. They have a right to be angry and upset, they were dudded by all of the officials. The Cowboys have been the better team (out of them and the Sharks) this season so I thought they deserved their top 8 spot and finals start. Good on Henry for saying what he said, and good on Tate/Thurston for doing the same too. Imagine if that happens to Manly this round, or even next round against Souths (more likely to happen v Souths!) and we lose a knock-out game in those exact circumstances - we would be blowing up too.

eagle chick said:
I genuinely feel sorry for the Cowboys. That whole game was try for try and if the Sharks hadn't have scored that controversial try, then chances are the Cowboys would have been in the lead at 80 minutes and therefore won the game. They have a right to be angry and upset, they were dudded by all of the officials. The Cowboys have been the better team (out of them and the Sharks) this season so I thought they deserved their top 8 spot and finals start. Good on Henry for saying what he said, and good on Tate/Thurston for doing the same too. Imagine if that happens to Manly this round, or even next round against Souths (more likely to happen v Souths!) and we lose a knock-out game in those exact circumstances - we would be blowing up too.

Cowboys have been the better team ? They sacked their coach, only just snuck into the 8, and won less game than the Sharks

The mistake happened in the 8th minute, they had the lead after that point of the game and weren't good enough to hold onto it. The Sharks got 1 extra tackle, it was a wrong call but if you're a genuine premiership contender you make that tackle and we don't have an issue

The whole "NRL hates Qld coz of Origin" crap is complete garbage

I didn't hear such bleating out of North Qld in 2011 when a blatantly wrong call by the video ref ruled Jamie Lyon to knock on a ball which went 3m backwards and cost us a try in a 2 point loss

sheridanstand78 said:
The cowgirls have become the new Parramatta in the art of whinging!!

Seriously, if Greenturd is fair dinkum, Thurston MUST be fined 10K for bringing the game into disrepute for inferring that there is some sort of Sydney conspiracy to stop the cows or any QLD teams from winning, what a load of crap and a cop out.

Toovey was charged for telling the truth about the officials, at no stage to he say they cheated, what Thurstson has done infers this. What a cry baby and really if hes serious about refereeing have a look at some of the calls his beloved Maroons have got in recent origin games, now he has an understanding of how it feels to be dudded by crap and inept refereeing!!

All JT & Henry have done is have a moan about an injustice. Same as tooves did. Bag him you bag tooves. No difference.

Any way you look at it....it is pretty funny (especially as it did not happen to us)

Daddycool08 said:
eagles2win said:
Daddycool08 said:
The 1996 Grand Final - Manly V Dogs - enough said.

95 mate. We played St George in 96.

In other news :

there bringing out an accidental poke in the eye on the cowboys winger as well now.
But no mention of Thurston tripping Gallen.

That's right. I seem to think there was also some controversy in the 96 game as well.

It's been going on for years refs make mistakes on both sides they should just suck it up and prepare for next year.

Who knows we may be joining them next week if we don't win against Cronulla. Which of course I hope not but who knows.

The controversy in 1996 was the Matthew Ridge try, most thought he'd been tackled BUT he continued on and scores, the Dragons were fuming!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Daddycool08 said:
eagles2win said:
Daddycool08 said:
The 1996 Grand Final - Manly V Dogs - enough said.

95 mate. We played St George in 96.

In other news :

there bringing out an accidental poke in the eye on the cowboys winger as well now.
But no mention of Thurston tripping Gallen.

That's right. I seem to think there was also some controversy in the 96 game as well.

It's been going on for years refs make mistakes on both sides they should just suck it up and prepare for next year.

Who knows we may be joining them next week if we don't win against Cronulla. Which of course I hope not but who knows.

The controversy in 1996 was the Matthew Ridge try, most thought he'd been tackled BUT he continued on and scores, the Dragons were fuming!!

I have that 1996 GF on DVD in a box set of all the GFs Manly have won. Was it a controversial try that Matthew Ridge scored. :huh:

I heard Steve "The Beaver" Menzies say that he thought it was just play on. When the Video Ref awarded the try, there was a Dragons supporter in the crowd that stuck his finger up at the Manly supporters who were cheering the decision. Did anyone notice this?

As for the Cowboys, you've all probably heard the news that their supporters-and I think their coach too- are demanding that the 20-18 result from their loss to the sharks be over turned. They dug up the past saying they were eliminated from the finals against Manly because of a controversial try Manly were awarded last year. Someone please explain to me why the Cowboys are bringing that up. Last year if Manly were denied that try that the Cowboys were whinging about, it wouldn't have done them (the Cowboys) much good 'cause they would've just been eliminated anyway. They make it sound as though they had the lead over Manly. Rather than the other way around.

There was no video ref in 1996 (that was introduced here in 1997 in the SL). The decision to let Matthew Ridge get up and run was all David Manson. I was there that day (in the SW corner of the SFS) and all around me there were Dragons fans blowing up like there was no tomorrow. That didn't stop me celebrating Beaver's try of course (ah happy memories. I've been a Manly fan since 1982 and the 1996 GF was the first time I had been to one of their games).

But as to Saturdays Cronulla v Nth Qld game......like last years final against Manly, if they were good enough they would have won. They weren't good enough.

Its News Ltd, but its still a nice little article re the Cowboys pathetic whinging and finger pointing

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/hey-north-queensland-cowboys-you-lost-your-nrl-final-get-over-it/story-e6frfkp9-1226720147335

Paraphrased from Brad Walters great article into how the Cowboys victimising themselves was self defeating. This psychology guy nails it

"Those comments demonstrate the siege mentality that exists in North Queensland but performance psychologist Shayne Duncan of Condor Performance said they also provided an insight into the mindset of the Cowboys and why a team expected to be premiership contenders had under performed this season.

"When it comes to motivation, this is a very poor choice," Duncan told Fairfax Media. "Using an injustice to motivate you to perform makes you more sensitive to future injustices which will only derail your performance"
"When there are so many 50-50 calls in a season of rugby league, this sort of mindset only increases their sense of victimisation. Champion athletes and champion teams overcome adversity.

"Look at how Melbourne responded to the penalty they received when they lost premierships and were playing for no points [for salary cap cheating]. They didn't sook and whinge about the referee; they steeled themselves and won the comp two seasons later. The Cowboys suck their thumb.
"The main issue for the Cowboys is that they are mentally vulnerable and they have an emotional captain in Thurston, which exaggerates their mental vulnerability on the big stage."

Glenn Lazarus, the new PUP Senator, said he wants to set up a separate State for Far North Quensland. Apparently they are all unhappy with the treatment they receive from the rest of Australia. I have no problems with that. Gives another lot of dotted lines that we can saw along and let them float off as an island. Maybe they could join NZ. Maybe they could become another detention centre. Wherever they go I don't care, so long as they go ;)

OK enough already!

If a team gets a penalty awarded in error that's 6 extra tackles they should not have had and everyone moves on.

Likewise last year when the cowboys got away with an illegal strip against Manly it resulted in 6 tackles to them instead of a penalty to us (a 12 tackle turn around if you will) and they scored in that set.

That incident is conveniently forgotten by the Cowboys every time they bitch and moan about being dudded in that game and the media just laps it up.

On Saturday the Sharks got ONE extra tackle. ONE! and now there's an investigation, 6 officials dropped and the Cowboys can get away with openly questioning the integrity of the league?

Checcin must feel like he's the one who's been Checcined this time.

Great stuff rugby league!

Jerry1 said:
sheridanstand78 said:
The cowgirls have become the new Parramatta in the art of whinging!!

Seriously, if Greenturd is fair dinkum, Thurston MUST be fined 10K for bringing the game into disrepute for inferring that there is some sort of Sydney conspiracy to stop the cows or any QLD teams from winning, what a load of crap and a cop out.

Toovey was charged for telling the truth about the officials, at no stage to he say they cheated, what Thurstson has done infers this. What a cry baby and really if hes serious about refereeing have a look at some of the calls his beloved Maroons have got in recent origin games, now he has an understanding of how it feels to be dudded by crap and inept refereeing!!

All JT & Henry have done is have a moan about an injustice. Same as tooves did. Bag him you bag tooves. No difference.

Exactly. Now let's see if the NRL has the gonads to fine JT and Henry. My bet is they'll be conspicuously silent on this one.

Bloody hypocrites.

Suck it up dudes; we had one in a GF that was pretty much the game decider (95). Media response: big shrug of the shoulders.

When we got one our way it helped us to a semi final replay win (78). Media response: Screamed blue murder.

Cop it sweet and go and win something; it will make you feel better....

Brookie Brawler said:

MadMarcus said:
Checcin has been Greenberg'd.

Smith is being roasted and David's been Galloped:)
Yours is coming Toddy.....

niccipops said:
Brookie Brawler said:

MadMarcus said:
Checcin has been Greenberg'd.

Smith is being roasted and David's been Galloped:)
Yours is coming Toddy.....

Solved it. We need to arrange for Greenberg to be Matai'd:D

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8