My problem with the panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I have a real problem with the Panthers at the moment, and that is I don't hate them.

I mean I dislike them as I dislike all other teams, but I dont hate them at the moment and that is really pissing me off.

That is all

My son in law follows them and is very passionate...to be honest I can't find anything about them to hate, and if we are not there I'll be supporting them in the finals. Apart from 70 cents, Waterhouse and Lewis they are all young, enthusiastic and very very willing..and you have to love that!!

I wasn't a massive Burns fan when he was with us, but am really enjoying watching him running round for Penrith

I always thought Burns had talent he just needed it brought out of him

As a Manly supporter I have never had a problem with my hatred for all other teams. Dan you have a serious problem. There must be some kind of therapy for that. Have youi been to a Panthers game?

I suggest you go to their next home game against us and sit with their supporters. Trust me, they are feral and it won't take long for you to hate all things Penrith!

The reason you would hate the Panthers at the moment is because they look too much like Manly did in 2008.  They want to win the comp, they are enjoying their footy, they are enthusiastic, that enthusiasm makes things happen for them just like it did in 2008.  We loved it in 2008 and now someone else has it, of course that would make you hate them.

Ah that's why I like them kate, yes they do remind me a lot of the 2008 side, a couple of big guns and the rest very willing....oh for the "good old days"

I'm ambivalent about the Panthers, not one of my hated teams by any stretch. In fact I'd be more pro than anti if you know what I mean. I don't mind their style of play and am happy to see them do well, good luck to them. Cronulla, Parra, Purple Scum, and Dragons are another matter. Maybe I'm getting old because I've even warmed to the Broncos a little over the last few seasons after spending the 80's and 90's hating them with a passion.....Lewis, Handoncock, Gee, Langer, Kerrod Walters, Sailor....God I hated those players.

My problem with Penrith is my wife follows them  :-\
Although it was good sitting with their supporters when they rolled the Broncos up here on the double header night at Suncorp, God those Bronco fans can sulk  ;D

Chip & Chase link said:
I'm ambivalent about the Panthers, not one of my hated teams by any stretch. In fact I'd be more pro than anti if you know what I mean. I don't mind their style of play and am happy to see them do well, good luck to them. Cronulla, Parra, Purple Scum, and Dragons are another matter. Maybe I'm getting old because I've even warmed to the Broncos a little over the last few seasons after spending the 80's and 90's hating them with a passion.....Lewis, Handoncock, Gee, Langer, Kerrod Walters, Sailor....God I hated those players.

Im the same about Penrith, C&C, but I'm more thrilled about your use of the word 'ambivalent'. Very nice, indeed.
I've lightened tremendously in my old age and indeed when my team isn't kicking goals (and scoring tries) I've forced myself to become a lover of the game. Only Melbourne are on my scorn list... even Parra I have a soft side for.
Now I understand, with that obtuse (that's for you C&C) last statement, I expect to not only be mocked but expelled from the forum :)

Blitzkrieg......I was there (Brisbane) that night...there was one Manly fan there (dressed in kit) and I yelled (from further up in the stand as he walked pats)...GO MANLY....the said person turned around and waved...was that you???

I was there with my son in law who is a mad Panfers fan!!

We then moved seats for the second game to some better ones (some mates are Bronco's season ticket holders and we took their seats for the second game)

They have a bit going for them. For starters they do win sometimes so can't be derided like Bears, Sharks, etc etc. Second, when they do win they usually come from nowhere and very quickly go back there, so are not constantly whupping us year after year.
On top of that we got Des from them. Also Rodney ...
On top of that if Panthers win it means Saints don't - so if we are not there go Panthers.
(ps we will be there.)

Im the same about Penrith, C&C, but I'm more thrilled about your use of the word 'ambivalent'. Very nice, indeed.
lol...thought the same. Any word with more than three syllables  on a footy forum is not on I say!!
Miss kate has it spot on...the Panthers defence last night reminded me of the 2008 side...brutal defence....we can only hope?

As I now work in the Penrith area, I now understand why I have little love for them. Their supporters have suddenly come out of hibernation. Not one of them has been seen for near on five years. I did not like their involvement in the superleague war, when they took the opportunity to shaft Parra, Manly etc in a bid to justify themselves as a standalone team, rather than put a case for inclusion in any long term competition. I was pleased that it cost them Fittler and other stars. They are playing good footy at present though I think that Elliott is too much in the Brian Smith mould and they don't call them the Chocolate Soldiers for nothing.

Before the start of the season I have had Penriff as my dark horse.

I have a mate who is mad St George, he asked me tonight if I knew where I can get a hangmans noose.

I said to him they don't need that to choke they can do it themselves. cause they have already started

If it came down to Penrith, Dragoons, Broncos, eels, souffs, tigers, titans or cocks It would be Penrith v probably Tigers in the GF if Manly dont get there

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Blitzkrieg......I was there (Brisbane) that night...there was one Manly fan there (dressed in kit) and I yelled (from further up in the stand as he walked pats)...GO MANLY....the said person turned around and waved...was that you???

I was there with my son in law who is a mad Panfers fan!!

We then moved seats for the second game to some better ones (some mates are Bronco's season ticket holders and we took their seats for the second game)

No mate, wasn't me. However!, the bloke in seat right in front of me had a Manly 2010 NZ Tour cap on....and moved after the first game!!?

As a watcher of every single game, every single week (may miss a few), I actually DO support other teams in one off games, because that may assist Manly ladder wise.

That being said, I would never actually "support" another team whatsoever.....and before anyone asks, that would INCLUDE The North Sydney Bears on The Senni Coast.

Dan link said:
I have a real problem with the Panthers at the moment, and that is I don't hate them.

I mean I dislike them as I dislike all other teams, but I dont hate them at the moment and that is really pissing me off.
So who do you rate then saints to whom penrith beat with more talent out than what saints had.

That is all

Gorgeous George link said:
As a Manly supporter I have never had a problem with my hatred for all other teams. Dan you have a serious problem. There must be some kind of therapy for that. Have youi been to a Panthers game?

I suggest you go to their next home game against us and sit with their supporters. Trust me, they are feral and it won't take long for you to hate all things Penrith!

Spot on George, a trip to the Riff will turn you Dan.

I always remember going to Penrith Park in the mid eigthies and having to endure endless crap from the crowd during the game whihc the chocy soldier led for the most of the day.  Then Manly came back and won with a Steve Hegarty field goal (from memory) in the last minute.

Suffice to say the crap/taunts turn to threats very quickly....

I have no problem hating them but will also cheer for them before Dragons, parra, Souffs, Sahrks, Storm, dogs etc

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2