My Origin Thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
Gidley has got to be the most overrated player in the comp. Constant mistakes, and shockingly positioned in defence. What was with his attempt on Inglis down the side as well - another mistake. He's another one of these who the media has fallen in love with but doesn't deliver. Imagine if he'd been there over Stewart (if Brett hadn't been injured)

McManus - another shocking wing selection - just like the pathetic winger from the Storm - what about David Williams or anyone else?

Belamy - worst NSW Origin coach ever - what's with Wing on the sideline for that long - get him on earlier. Pathetic fifth tackle plays - clearly no one new who was in charge.

We had four playmakers and not one of them could organise a fifth tackle play.

Canteen Worker link said:
Did Wallace and Campese play??? Didn't see them all night.

Yeah, I saw them in the opening few minutes

ads link said:
Gidley has got to be the most overrated player in the comp. Constant mistakes, and shockingly positioned in defence. What was with his attempt on Inglis down the side as well - another mistake...
Inglis made Gidley look silly. He has that ability,I don't think I've ever seem someone who runs quite like him. That run reminded me of him burning off Robbo in the 07 grand final. Plus he has just about the best fend I've ever seen. I 'm also hard pressed to recall him being pushed backwards in a tackle. I reckon my dislike of him must be because of how good he is. Glad he doesn't get more involved in games!

Yep Wallace played, threw a thousand hospital passes. Campese didn't do much. NSW kicking game was poor. Still some good signs there and could have been a different story if Hayne's try was allowed, would have given them a real boost. Gidley made some blunders that's for sure.

Forwards were ****. No room to move for the halves. Creagh and Odonnell are massively overrated.

Gidley is woeful as is Mcmanus. Patten and Morris/Monaghan (either one) should get a go at full back and wing

Gifty to come into the 2nd row.

My thoughts, and said as a Queensland supporter, is that it is a hollow victory for Queensland and as a spectacle to sell the game to the Victorian masses, a very poor display.

Yet again, another game ruined by ridiculous and pedantic refereeing.

I also think if NSW want to be any hope of snapping this streak of series losses they must take a leaf out of Queensland's book from 2001.  After being thrashed in 2000, Queensland didn't pick on form or reputation, they picked mongrel. 

NSW are far too "nice" to Queensland, and are populated by far too many nice guys.  They need to uinsettle Qld with niggle.  Hence the following"nice guys" should go:

Farrer
Kite
Lewis
Campese
McManus

Bring in blokes that will get under the Qld skin, particularly guys like Choc and Ennis. 

- Monaghan in for McManus
- Gidley either in 5/8, off the bench or gone
- Ennis in for Farrah, Ennis has all the makings of a great Origin Hooker and the mongrel we need
- Watmough or Gallen in to add mongrel as well

Gallen will be back in, Stewart maybe, that's about all they will change IMO.

Williams and Watmough would have made a ****load of metres during those periods where Qld went soft up the middle with their speed off the mark.

Well said Mata.
I lost it after 8 looks at Hayne's no try and the decision. It is things like that that will make me turn my back on this game for good.The first 25 mins and everything including any 50/50s went Qld's way. No relook at their tries although they were hungrier and deserved lots of points.
The Inglis try was off a forward pass, look at the arial view replay.
We did well to start surging back but then killed it with crap 4/5th play options and mistakes.
Pleas to keep the same Blues players don't wash with me. Some were just so bad they should never get another look-in. Bellamy - phhhtt, I said he would kill it for us and he didn't let me down. Dan called it earlier - his replacement timings and order are just pathetic.
As for any criticism of Lyon - they must be joking. One of our best and saved that many mistakes from those around him.

Who will Queensland use to replace Hodges?  If Bell were still in the country you'd think he might have been a chance.

Can anyone remember any set moves from the Blues?

The only one I remember was a wrap around play for Jennings off the scrum base, and that was only a half hearted attempt anyway

Didn't Wallace find the line with about four minutes to go?  Just gives the ball back to Qld.  And three NSW tries were lucky, not skill, just luck.  Hopeless, and I just hate the way the media fall over Farrah.  There didn't seem to be any plan other than try to run through the middle, and I agree, the substitution timing was poor.  And the ref sided with NSW I thought.  Probably out of pity.

Hey Blue boys, stop whingeing!! Hayne clearly stood on the touchline. And what about Creagh's try - off a forward pass from Hayne, oh, don't we mention that? Every game has it's dud calls, it all evens out.
Agree that Bellamy is your biggest problem.

Matabele link said:
Who will Queensland use to replace Hodges?  If Bell were still in the country you'd think he might have been a chance.
Folau to centre and big Dell on the wing.

Willie Tonga might be a chance. Also Mat Rogers could cover a wing spot if they move Folau into centre. Or Hunt to fullback and Slater to wing. Finding a winger is the least of Queenslands problems, they could put Bani out there and still win.

Absolutely, although Slater is more dangerous returning the pathetic kicks that NSW sent down his throat.  Dell would be interesting.  His arse would take up most of the field, he'd be impossible to tackle.  I read in the Herald that Bellamy wants to keep the NSW squad for SOO2.  Hopeless really.  If it's broke, fix it.  It's further interesting that NSW is talking themselves up over their supposed loss due to reported bad luck.  They lucked in with at least two of their tries.  Fooling themselves, and keeping poor performers won't win them matches. 

I was never convinced with this team. Our halves looked like they were in a power struggle it looked like Monas and Orford running around together

Origin doesn't suit Campeses game, At Canberra he plays deep and runs onto the ball, doesn't get that luxury in origin

From all the comments I have read, you would think Gidley is the worst player on earth. He wasn't as bad as is being made out, but didn't not have a great game either. I wouldn't be writing him off on 1 match, even though it included that howler in the in goal

Don't really understand all the McManus criticism either, not much you can do when you get no ball, Jamie didn't pass it to him once last night, and all the big plays were sent towards Jennings and Hayne

Also, Farah over Ennis by a mile for me. Ennis had 3-4 golden weeks about a month or so back, but since then has been miles off the pace. Farah showed some decent signs last night. Other than being a niggly annoying little prick, no other area of his game is superior to Farah, especially his tackling

For the next game, not too many changes really. NSW went reasonably well for a rookie side and had the heat right on them

I wouldn't mind if McManus was left out and Monaghan or a Morris brother was brought in

Although I don't think it suits him, Campese should imo be stuck with for at least 1 more game, but I would not mind seeing Mullen in there

Forwards, I think Gallen must come back in, and out of last nights pack, Laffranchi would be the one to go, Creagh was outstanding, O'Donnell was good but I thought a bit soft in defence and I like Luke Lewis being there

Just on last night, was great to see Shayne Hayne ignore that pathetic little touchie that ran on in the 2nd half. Shame they couldn't do that for Harrigan's no try decision

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7