My JukeBox - A weekend hobby

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I should say the cold cathode lights are case mod lights, you can get them here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/30cm-Computer-Cold-Cathode-Kit-UV-BLACKLIGHT-dual-10031_W0QQitemZ250495326200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Components?hash=item3a52af57f8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

the disco lights are essentially like these, though this is far more expensive than the ones I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-Way-chasing-disco-light-New-in-Box-Sound-activated_W0QQitemZ370253848305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_DJ_Gear_Lighting_Equipment?hash=item5634d95ef1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Oh also a massively good investment would be to go to Bunnings and buy one of these for $39 (cheaper at Bunnings than anywhere else and a great investment)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-OUTLET-POWERBOARD-WITH-REMOTE-CONTROL-SAVE-MONEY_W0QQitemZ220475834859QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Electronics_Accessories_Power_Boards_Cables?hash=item33556241eb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

its a 4 way power board with RFID remote control. So you can have that inside the case plug everything into it and individually turn everything on and off.

I can then turn the lights on and off with the remote.

I also set the computer to boot when power is re-supplied to it. You do this through the bios "power Management" so now when ever I plug it in and hit "4" on the remote, it turns the computer on automatically.

That remote power board would be useful for all sorts of tight places. Freaking engineers/scientists are worth the money they get paid.

yup agree. I have one for the TV etc too so I can easily turn it off at the point and save some electrcity

ManlyBacker link said:
That remote power board would be useful for all sorts of tight places. Freaking engineers/scientists are worth the money they get paid.

hehe we mustn't be worth much then

It won;t be long before I don the bib knicks, lycra, headband and whack some lemon juice in the hair to boogie along with you on Saturday nights Dan.  ;-)

ManlyBacker link said:

Not the engineers at my work mate.... F#@king hopeless.

That looks great Dan. We had a 40th for my sister on Friday, and I ended up calling a place called superjuke in late (as the DJ they had coming was being a dick, so I told him not to bother!). No one had hired one before, and to say my sister was apprehensive would be an understatement. The jukebox/karaoke turned out to be the most fun we've had in years. The theme of the night was 70's, and now I have seen your pics/instructions Dan I am dead set keen to have a go at building one. I've attached a pic of me in full flight on the mic....feel free to give it to me ppl!!!lol Best night in a looooong time.

37353_132192930145111_100000632149138_213146_4414660_n.jpg

If you want some more tips mate let me know. Building mine was really fun, spent a lot of weekends drinking beer and building it with a mate.

Now there ar a few ways you can go.

If you know anyone that runs a woodworking company etc and has a CNC laser cutter, odds are they need to keep the thing running and sending things through it often. If so I can point you to some plans and you should be able to give it to them and they will cut it all for you.

Ring around there is a place up here that charges you $30 to cut it + materials.

Totally worth it because everything is cut perfectly.

otherwise draw up some plans, buy some MDF and get into it. I can point you towards parts...I made mine touch screen but you can do yours with buttons too

Came in at just under $1000

I recently made a very schmick one for my mate even if it did have Newcastle Knights colours and stickers.

That cost $980ish, give or take

You will need
1 sheet 16mm MDF - $30
1 sheet 12mm MDF - $25
1 - box of wood screws - $10
1 - Wood glue - $5
1 - tube filler (you WILL need this)

- Paint & Primer

1 x 17" Touch Screen monitor - $230 give or take
1 x p4 PC $100ish on ebay

Software - $50USD
1 x Disco lights (Trust me you should totally get disco lights) - $50 - 100

I also bought a 1Tb external drive which now costs $100 but cost me $150

oh battens you want about to 3m lengths of battens for various things.

Castors - Get these from ebay
hinges

Speakers...this is the biggest decision, decide on the sound system before you make the plans because this will dictate most of your measurements and cuts.

Invest in a router too, a great tool which makes life so much easier for cutting shapes.

Dan link said:
Invest in a router too, a great tool which makes life so much easier for cutting shapes.

I was thinking, why would he need a network device like that in a jukebox ?!... makes sense now after reading the file part of the sentence.

lol

should have said a plunge router :)

Nate mine has a wireless and bluetooth in there so i can control it remotely if I need to

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2