My Gorgeous George Theory!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
With Salary Cap pressure at a breaking point. Tooves and management want Rose off the payroll for next year.

They feel he can be adequately replaced by youngsters but problem is dessie re-signed him.

So therefore they are leaving him in reggies until him and his management decide they need to look elsewhere.

Its a bit cut throat as he has been a good servant but hey, its a dog eat dog world out there!

Did you pick that up on your ham radio whilst sitting in your concrete bunker with your tin foil hat on?

[attachment=259]Disco making some adjustments on the roof at home

Attachments

• 2312913_f260.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 7
We aren't going to save a huge amount of dollars if George left, you still have to replace him with someone in your top 25 so all you are going to do is save the difference from whatever you pay George to the new guy. Also what happens if we pay this new guy the minimum amount so we save the most money possible? And this guy actually turns out to be good? We will have another DCE scenario with a bloke being under paid who will be headhunted by other clubs and we'll have to make another sacrifice if we want to keep him.

I don't know if George slacked off during the offseason, but his weight issue has never been a worry for me. If you don't think he was an important player for us last year coming off the bench than you aren't much of a judge IMO.

Maybe Tooves wants him to go back and play alot of minutes get him fit as possible, then bring him back. Who really knows what's goin on?

Masked Eagle said:
And this guy actually turns out to be good? We will have another DCE scenario with a bloke being under paid who will be headhunted by other clubs and we'll have to make another sacrifice if we want to keep him.

Looks like we better never introduce another rookie ever again for they might turn out to be superstars.

Volley said:
Masked Eagle said:
And this guy actually turns out to be good? We will have another DCE scenario with a bloke being under paid who will be headhunted by other clubs and we'll have to make another sacrifice if we want to keep him.

Looks like we better never introduce another rookie ever again for they might turn out to be superstars.

Thanks for missing the point.

You had a point?

Fact is Rose will take up more under the cap than an untried rookie. Using the point that the Rookie might turn out to be great as a reason not to try and tempt Rose to get a release is ridiculous.

Frogz said:
maybe hes just fat and lazy and he is only a fringe first grader, at best

Serious? I can't believe all the George haters have come out just because he's played a few games in NSW Cup. I still think he has more to offer in our top 17 than Mauro or Robinson, and i suspect Tooves has noticed that George's form improves as the year goes on. Hopefully he's just getting his match fitness to the required level and I bet he'll be back on the bench before Round 6

I think it might be about cutting transport costs.
With no Zorba and George to lug around, there's got to be a couple of less rows on the flights that need to be booked.

Masked Eagle said:
We aren't going to save a huge amount of dollars if George left, you still have to replace him with someone in your top 25 so all you are going to do is save the difference from whatever you pay George to the new guy. Also what happens if we pay this new guy the minimum amount so we save the most money possible? And this guy actually turns out to be good? We will have another DCE scenario with a bloke being under paid who will be headhunted by other clubs and we'll have to make another sacrifice if we want to keep him.

I don't know if George slacked off during the offseason, but his weight issue has never been a worry for me. If you don't think he was an important player for us last year coming off the bench than you aren't much of a judge IMO.

Firstly, I love big George, im not bagging the guys but i do think the above scenario may be happening.

Secondly, of course releasing him isn't gonna save us a huge chuck of cash but that doesnt mean its not worthwhile.

I hazard a guess that George would be on around 150k. Minimum is 87,500 isn't it?

You cant tell me an extra 60 a year to top off Cherry Evans isn't gonna help (not that im saying that would solve it) if Skinner, Cunningham or Annear are ahead of Rose anyway

Everyone has a theory. I think it is a little simpler, and not so tin hatish.....
My thoughts are that Tooves has sent him back to get him focused on his fitness and his game. A little reality check, and nothing more.
I would have thought Tooves would leave him for a few more weeks, but with the depleted troops, he may be rushed back in sooner than later.

Hard to hate Gorgeous.

Disco said:
With Salary Cap pressure at a breaking point. Tooves and management want Rose off the payroll for next year.

They feel he can be adequately replaced by youngsters but problem is dessie re-signed him.

So therefore they are leaving him in reggies until him and his management decide they need to look elsewhere.

Its a bit cut throat as he has been a good servant but hey, its a dog eat dog world out there!

How is that even a theory?? seems legit

If anyone has any doubts as to why George isn't playing NRL then go & watch the NSW cup team run around. He isn't the best forward in that team & to be brutally honest, it isn't even close.

I'm a George fan, but I really think his time with MWSE has come to an end.

I hope he gets fit and comes back in the 17. I love big George and i am glad Tooves has put him on notice. Good to see he is willing to stir the pot up

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6