My email to NRL posted today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I received a reply (to my email) from the NRL today.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. Your views and opinions in relation to the performance of our match officials are appreciated and acknowledged.

As you have mentioned, the referees do undergo a detailed individual performance evaluation after the end of each game but like any organisation, sporting or otherwise, we do not disclose the evaluation of our employees. These evaluations form the basis of our performance management and selection processes and will continue to evolve through the development of our game wide innovation methodologies.

Refereeing is one of those areas that is never going to be completely free of controversy and debate and we certainly take on board your feedback regarding certain decisions. As much as you have every right to disagree with certain refereeing decisions, it is wrong to suggest that the referee's decision would be influenced by any consideration other than what they thought was the appropriate ruling at the time. There are always going to be subjective calls that are made in Rugby League but referees make them on the basis of the facts as they see them not on the basis of who the team is.

Rest assured of our efforts to the ongoing development of a high performance culture & environment within the match officials program that is ultimately striving for consistency and accountability.

We do appreciate feedback from our supporters and I will ensure your comments are recorded.

Thanks again for writing to us and for your support of the game.

Kind regards,

Ruth
Supporter Liaison

bones said:
I received a reply (to my email) from the NRL today.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. Your views and opinions in relation to the performance of our match officials are appreciated and acknowledged.

As you have mentioned, the referees do undergo a detailed individual performance evaluation after the end of each game but like any organisation, sporting or otherwise, we do not disclose the evaluation of our employees. These evaluations form the basis of our performance management and selection processes and will continue to evolve through the development of our game wide innovation methodologies.

Refereeing is one of those areas that is never going to be completely free of controversy and debate and we certainly take on board your feedback regarding certain decisions. As much as you have every right to disagree with certain refereeing decisions, it is wrong to suggest that the referee's decision would be influenced by any consideration other than what they thought was the appropriate ruling at the time. There are always going to be subjective calls that are made in Rugby League but referees make them on the basis of the facts as they see them not on the basis of who the team is.

Rest assured of our efforts to the ongoing development of a high performance culture & environment within the match officials program that is ultimately striving for consistency and accountability.

We do appreciate feedback from our supporters and I will ensure your comments are recorded.

Thanks again for writing to us and for your support of the game.

Kind regards,

Ruth
Supporter Liaison
Gee that reply looks awefully like the one I received, who would have thought the NRL has an auto reply with the same words?????

They must think were all idiots!!
Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us.

There are always going to be subjective calls that are made in Rugby League but be assured referees make them on the basis of the facts as they see them not on the basis of who the team is. You are perfectly entitled to disagree with certain refereeing decisions but it is wrong to suggest that their decisions would be influenced by any consideration other than what they thought was the appropriate ruling at the time.

The reality is that refereeing is one of those areas that is never going to be completely free of controversy and debate.

We appreciate your feedback but the referees are highly trained, they know the rules and they work very hard to enforce them fairly and consistently in difficult, high-pressure situations. Referees do make mistakes as they do in any sport but the performance of officials in the NRL compares more than favourably with any other football code in this country. We believe they generally do a good job in extremely difficult circumstances.

That said, the NRL has introduced a professional training program for our referees, we continue to develop new referees and monitor the feedback from clubs, players and fans to ensure we can continue to improve the standard of officiating in rugby league.

We will continue to focus on the highest achievable refereeing standards and your feedback has certainly been noted.

Kind regards,

Ruth
Supporter Liaison

October 12, 2013
Karen Hardy
Relax Editor at The Canberra Times

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/comment/tall-tales-of-the-first-kangaroos-still-strike-a-chord-today-20131011-2ve6q.html

It was a welcome antidote in this post-grand-final week, where I'm feeling a little jaded by the whole game of rugby league.

I'm not even a Manly supporter, and I dare bring the wrath of my Roosters-loving sister, but the Sea Eagles were hard done by in the NRL grand final.

It was one of the best games of the season no doubt, tough, flowing, entrancing even, as the scoreline ebbed and flowed.

It deserved to be won by skill, not by a few calls of the men in pink. But enough. As I said, I'm not even a Manly supporter.

Season's over and my only hope now is that the men in red and white can manage to dig themselves out of this hole they've been in for a while next season.

Ruth,
thanks for sending me the NRL's generic spiel of utter crap. However, next time I won't bother. And there will be a next time because we know the NRL loves publicity of any kind, including refereeing controversy.

Paul G

Brissie Kid said:
October 12, 2013
Karen Hardy
Relax Editor at The Canberra Times

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/comment/tall-tales-of-the-first-kangaroos-still-strike-a-chord-today-20131011-2ve6q.html

It was a welcome antidote in this post-grand-final week, where I'm feeling a little jaded by the whole game of rugby league.

I'm not even a Manly supporter, and I dare bring the wrath of my Roosters-loving sister, but the Sea Eagles were hard done by in the NRL grand final.

It was one of the best games of the season no doubt, tough, flowing, entrancing even, as the scoreline ebbed and flowed.

It deserved to be won by skill, not by a few calls of the men in pink. But enough. As I said, I'm not even a Manly supporter.

Season's over and my only hope now is that the men in red and white can manage to dig themselves out of this hole they've been in for a while next season.

Oh gee, it's no big deal. It was only the GRAND FINAL!
I sincerely hope that the rumours are right and Hayne was well paid for his rulings because, if not, then he showed everyone he is the worst GF referee since Darcy Lawler. Poor old Arthur Summons still hasn't got over that grand final rort.

MadMarcus said:
globaleagle said:
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your email, your comments are important to us.

Your email has been forwarded to the nrl queries department.

Again, thanks for being a passionate supporter.

Yours etc,

NRL feedback.

Why would they forward it to Checcin?

Because Chechin previously was the "best" at screwing us over and if Hayne is to retire then Chechin will have to step up and aim for what Hayne has achieved.

It amazed me that Hayne was given the GF after SBW's forward pass in the finals game against Newcastle. I thought at the time, good, that's put the stake in his heart. Not to be of course. Silly me, I hadn't factored in the Rorters power play to get them the men to give them the win.

DSM5 said:
It amazed me that Hayne was given the GF after SBW's forward pass in the finals game against Newcastle. I thought at the time, good, that's put the stake in his heart. Not to be of course. Silly me, I hadn't factored in the Rorters power play to get them the men to give them the win.

Or the knock forward by Foran that Manly scored in the Cowboys game in the finals last year....

It wasn't knocked forward, Roger. Or was it? I checked the replay many times and still couldn't work it out.
Maybe your eyesight's better than mine if you've taken your PEP already. (But don't you lot prefer HGH these days?) :D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
It wasn't knocked forward, Roger. Or was it? I checked the replay many times and still couldn't work it out.
Maybe your eyesight's better than mine if you've taken your PEP already. (But don't you lot prefer HGH these days?) :D

Good one SER8! I now believe that what goes around, comes around.

Surely RogerR is referring to the knock forward from Taufua, which in fact was a strip penalty that was also missed by the 2013 Referee of the year :mad:

It's a bit rude for Hayne to get the award. If he was the best then they should have suspended the award for this year.

HappilyManly said:
Surely RogerR is referring to the knock forward from Taufua, which in fact was a strip penalty that was also missed by the 2013 Referee of the year :mad:

Not sure which Knock forward/strip with taufua you speak off Happilymanly. In the gf? Please explain. I do recall JWH and RTS being stripped by Bellin and Symonds and yet Hayne and Cummings saying nothing.

The strip was in the 2012 Manly/Cowboys finals match which also had the 'hand of Foran' incident. The cowboys clearly stripped the ball from Jorge Taufua but the referee called a scrum and the cowboys scored from the ensuing set. The try also featured a forward pass, but people only ever refer to the Foran incident as the only controversial call of the game.

bones said:
The strip was in the 2012 Manly/Cowboys finals match which also had the 'hand of Foran' incident. The cowboys clearly stripped the ball from Jorge Taufua but the referee called a scrum and the cowboys scored from the ensuing set. The try also featured a forward pass, but people only ever refer to the Foran incident as the only controversial call of the game.

Yes we all remember the Foran knock forward and especially since the way the Cowboys went out this year. The referees have been getting it wrong for many years now and the more technology they bring in, the more they get it wrong. How can it be that NOW you have an ex footy player and referee and still get it wrong 60% of the times?

Also i get the ****s with the commentary and with rabbs and Gould...They go on and on about wanting to have the referees making their own mind without having to go to the video refs and yet when they do and get it wrong, they whinge on like Souffs fans, eg when Jennings played at the the ball from that JL kick. Make Up Your Mind FFS!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6