My email to NRL posted today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Firstly I would like to state that I am willing to accept that people make mistakes and under normal circumstances we need to trust that the people in charge have the best interests of the game and players top of mind when officiating and appointing certain people with that responsibility. So here are my concerns;

1. Why was Shayne Hayne appointed to the most important game of the year when it was under, his particular, control during the past 2 years that one team playing in the grand final appears to have received what could only be described as the rough end of the pineapple on more times than not? And that team is Manly! result controversy again surrounding his performance????

2. This is particularly the case following on from the game at Bluetongue between South Sydney and Manly in round 23 Hayne was at the centre of what could only be described as a below par performance seemingly assisting one team with 3 times as manly penalties ensuring they were helped out of their red zone on no less than 4 occasions?

3. During the last 2 years it is obvious that Hayne has had problems dealing with Manly players in particular Keiran Foran, "Shayne Hayne to Keiran Foran: "Go away, I've had a gutful of you. You've only been around for five minutes."

4. In a grand final the game should be between players and they alone should decide which team wins not the referee. In this case Hayne in particular appears to have taken it upon himself to be the centre of attention for the wrong reasons.

In summary we have heard nothing all week from the referees boss about the controversy that surrounds the game on Sunday. Social media is alive with supporters of other teams that normally dislike Manly intensely coming out and stating in their minds Manly were hard done by in the game and again in particular by one referee Shayne Hayne.

Quote Doug Graves said | October 6th 2013 @ 11:38pm | Report comment

I despise both these teams, always have and always will, but yet again referee incompetence has heavily influenced the outcome and brought the game into disrepute.

I don’t know what is going on with the refs and their training but the standard of reffing is regressing to a point where the games are in most cases painful to watch and in some cases unwatchable due to the amount of clangers they come up with.

If Dave Smith does one good thing in his tenure he must fix the reffing, if not for the good of the game then to prevent himself from looking like a wood duck with his clownish apologies to robbed sides.

Good one Shayne said | 10:17am | Report comment

Watching the game on replay is even worse. Shayne Hayne was ridiculous. The refer. Frustration.

1. Mitchell Pearce – knock on 3rd minute. Should have been Possession 15 meters out
2. Mitchell Pearce with hand in play the ball of Keiran Foran after Manly try. Should have been a penalty
3. 27th Penalty Jamie Buhrer raked out. Dropped ball Luke O’Donnell. Should have been Manly ball 15 meters out in attacking position.
4. 31st Minute – headbut on Justin Horo. Should have been penalty to Manly. Hand in the play the ball penalty. JWH dropped it cold. At what point was there a hand in there. Cost manly 2 points at 6-6. Shayne Hayne. Too long in the tackle. Bull**** was 3 seconds
5. 34th minute Contact on Mitchell Pearce – tackle on legs. He was in the air. Roosters attacking 10 meters out. 5 minutes before halftime,
6. 39th minute – Came off Jennings should have been Manly feed. Jaime Lyon should have had ball.
7. 43rd Aubbeson tackled Lyon without the ball. Should have been penalty win sinbin, Lyon was taken out.
8. 51st Cherry Evans kick and late tackle by Jake Friend should have been a penalty.
9. 57th minute JWH gets up and body slams Tom Symonds second effort after tackle. Penalty every day of the week in any other game.
10. 61st Moloney’s pass to Mini was forward. Should have been no try.
11. 69th Friend came in high on DCE when already tackled. Dirty
12.70th Lyon was taken out by Jennings.
13. Wolfman ingoal Moloney clearly pulls his hair, video ref and the rest of the world see it? Nothing from refs???

With all of this we have heard not one single word from Anderson????

The Chairman the commission board and the CEO need to come out and give the Rugby League supporting public some sort of answers!

Or it could do what is has been doing all year and keeps its collective head buried deep in the sand!

Steve McLean
RL player until 34 supporter 48 years

Let's see if they bother?????

Good work sending them an email. But I can't see this going anywhere. Don't hold your breath for a meaningful response.

Rodo said:
Good work sending them an email. But I can't see this going anywhere. Don't hold your breath for a meaningful response.
I'm not really expecting a response but as they say if you someone needs to be told something better tell them rather than staying silent!

Good job TRF! I have a feeling that some admin staff member at NRL HQ probably deleted your email before I even finished reading it though. You should (accidently) ;) forward it to the Roosters CEO and see if you get a reply. lol

Bravo for taking the time to write that mate.

But i would guess the officials at the NRL presently have it pinned up in their tea room, pointing and laughing at it everytime they walk in and out.

the real fortynil said:
Firstly I would like to state that I am willing to accept that people make mistakes and under normal circumstances we need to trust that the people in charge have the best interests of the game and players top of mind when officiating and appointing certain people with that responsibility. So here are my concerns;

1. Why was Shayne Hayne appointed to the most important game of the year when it was under, his particular, control during the past 2 years that one team playing in the grand final appears to have received what could only be described as the rough end of the pineapple on more times than not? And that team is Manly! result controversy again surrounding his performance????

2. This is particularly the case following on from the game at Bluetongue between South Sydney and Manly in round 23 Hayne was at the centre of what could only be described as a below par performance seemingly assisting one team with 3 times as manly penalties ensuring they were helped out of their red zone on no less than 4 occasions?

3. During the last 2 years it is obvious that Hayne has had problems dealing with Manly players in particular Keiran Foran, "Shayne Hayne to Keiran Foran: "Go away, I've had a gutful of you. You've only been around for five minutes."

4. In a grand final the game should be between players and they alone should decide which team wins not the referee. In this case Hayne in particular appears to have taken it upon himself to be the centre of attention for the wrong reasons.

In summary we have heard nothing all week from the referees boss about the controversy that surrounds the game on Sunday. Social media is alive with supporters of other teams that normally dislike Manly intensely coming out and stating in their minds Manly were hard done by in the game and again in particular by one referee Shayne Hayne.

Quote Doug Graves said | October 6th 2013 @ 11:38pm | Report comment

I despise both these teams, always have and always will, but yet again referee incompetence has heavily influenced the outcome and brought the game into disrepute.

I don’t know what is going on with the refs and their training but the standard of reffing is regressing to a point where the games are in most cases painful to watch and in some cases unwatchable due to the amount of clangers they come up with.

If Dave Smith does one good thing in his tenure he must fix the reffing, if not for the good of the game then to prevent himself from looking like a wood duck with his clownish apologies to robbed sides.

Good one Shayne said | 10:17am | Report comment

Watching the game on replay is even worse. Shayne Hayne was ridiculous. The refer. Frustration.

1. Mitchell Pearce – knock on 3rd minute. Should have been Possession 15 meters out
2. Mitchell Pearce with hand in play the ball of Keiran Foran after Manly try. Should have been a penalty
3. 27th Penalty Jamie Buhrer raked out. Dropped ball Luke O’Donnell. Should have been Manly ball 15 meters out in attacking position.
4. 31st Minute – headbut on Justin Horo. Should have been penalty to Manly. Hand in the play the ball penalty. JWH dropped it cold. At what point was there a hand in there. Cost manly 2 points at 6-6. Shayne Hayne. Too long in the tackle. Bull**** was 3 seconds
5. 34th minute Contact on Mitchell Pearce – tackle on legs. He was in the air. Roosters attacking 10 meters out. 5 minutes before halftime,
6. 39th minute – Came off Jennings should have been Manly feed. Jaime Lyon should have had ball.
7. 43rd Aubbeson tackled Lyon without the ball. Should have been penalty win sinbin, Lyon was taken out.
8. 51st Cherry Evans kick and late tackle by Jake Friend should have been a penalty.
9. 57th minute JWH gets up and body slams Tom Symonds second effort after tackle. Penalty every day of the week in any other game.
10. 61st Moloney’s pass to Mini was forward. Should have been no try.
11. 69th Friend came in high on DCE when already tackled. Dirty
12.70th Lyon was taken out by Jennings.
13. Wolfman ingoal Moloney clearly pulls his hair, video ref and the rest of the world see it? Nothing from refs???

With all of this we have heard not one single word from Anderson????

The Chairman the commission board and the CEO need to come out and give the Rugby League supporting public some sort of answers!

Or it could do what is has been doing all year and keeps its collective head buried deep in the sand!

Steve McLean
RL player until 34 supporter 48 years

Let's see if they bother?????

18-8 would of been at least 24-0 if the correct decisions were given & there would of been no SBW break because he would be run to the ground from all the tackling he would had to be doing, no tired Manly defense from all the tackling in the heat & no bombing the Manly wingers in good attacking position.

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past few days trawling over other club's forums and virtually all of them concur that Manly were absolutely reemed with little or no lube by the refs in the Grand Final. Surely they cant all be wrong and the NRL must respond, not just for the Manly club's sake but for all clubs who could be on the wrong end of such a fisting in future years.

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your email, your comments are important to us.

Your email has been forwarded to the nrl queries department.

Again, thanks for being a passionate supporter.

Yours etc,

NRL feedback.

Shayne Hayne has devastated me all year - a massive monkey on the back.

The 32-30 debacle against Canterbury was heartbreaking. I actually quit watching at 30-12 and went home with 15 minutes to go and when I turned on the TV and saw 30-30 and was so excited only to see this cheat give a very weak penalty to the bulldogs.

The game against South Sydney which was a disaster with all the asssitance penalties to Souths in their own half. It was just disgraceful.

Yet they managed to get all the way to the grand final despite all of this and he saved his worst performance for last, and we are not kidding - just watch the youtube video of all the errors and you can hear Warren and Gould stating in their commentary agreeing with error after error.

I wish there was more we could do about it, and I wish that cheat Daniel Anderson would come out of hiding.

You wonder whether this was mandated from higher up.

NYEagle

globaleagle said:
Dear Steve,

Yours etc,

NRL feedback.

This is basically the generic NRL response that I was going to suggest that Steve would receive.

Toovey should of raised some of these points at the press conference and called Hayne a cheat instead of "toeing the line".

It was a real opportunity missed.

Its the only time in over 20 year Tooves has disappointed me. Hope it doesnt happen again.

NYEagle said:
just watch the youtube video of all the errors and you can hear Warren and Gould stating in their commentary agreeing with error after error.

I know.
The thing that irritates me a bit about Gus Gould is this -

He picks and chooses what he is outspoken about in the media. He is always whining and moaning in his column and commentary about the NRL and rules and things that need improving in the game. Yet when the biggest travesty of the year occurs - the entire grand final is ruined by the refereeing of one idiot - he goes quiet and doesnt speak up more and get vocal about it. His column post-grand final was a bum-lick affair to his old mate Politis about how the Roosters were the best team and Manly were so tough in defeat blah blah blah. Beat it knobhead, you didnt mention the dozen ref fk ups that allowed the Roosters to be the better team on the day

And he stays quiet about this because he wants the grand final to be portrayed as a marvellous success and that it wasnt ruined by idiots in pink shirts. Right now at this moment, Gould is an obtuse, two-faced twat. Write a column with the truth Phil!! :mad:

We are all hurting. Still angry. Not at our team of course, who are a very special bunch of guys, but at the corrupted system.

I will make my own a digital only version of the GF mistakes on the weekend - if I can bear it - and post here.

However don't think we are going to feel much better until MWSE eat the Rorters ALIVE @ their next Fortress clash. That will be a special day. Crowd will be 22K. Hopefully Hayne & SBW do not chicken out.

Then we will feel better, somewhat.

MadMarcus said:
globaleagle said:
Dear Steve,

Yours etc,

NRL feedback.

Why would they forward it to Checcin?

Lol. Very good :)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/daniel-anderson-set-for-eels-return-20131011-2vd3q.html

Seems like Daniel Anderson looking at becoming the Eels new general manager of football. But still no word from him about the performance of the match officials in the grand final (Note: I don't include Ben Cummins in that list because I think he alone did an ok job on Sunday night)

Anderson is now general manager of a team who doesn't want their new coach. Wooden spoon no 3 for the eels this year.

What is the record number consecutive number of wooden spoons I wonder?

tookey said:
Anderson is now general manager of a team who doesn't want their new coach. Wooden spoon no 3 for the eels this year.

What is the record number consecutive number of wooden spoons I wonder?

Well that's a big step up from his current gig.

globaleagle said:
Dear Steve,

Yours etc,

NRL feedback.
Dear Steve,

Your email has been forwarded to the Parramatta Eels, we heard that is where Daniel Anderson might be (although no-one is really sure).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4