My Assessment Of The Game From Being At Leichardt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hasler didn't set the world on fire with his first year as coach. Let's give Barrett more time and go from there. I think by dropping players to nsw cup, it may give those players the kick up the ass they need to start firing.
Not a fair comparison as Hasler did not have the quality roster that Barrett has but it is still too early to judge Barrett .

I know Myles was quiet but I'd give him another go albeit after a talking to about how the younger guys are looking to him and we need more from him. See if he is serious about being the leader of the forwards.

Williame needs to go. I'd bring in Lavaka or even Satini. Both impressed against Wenty.

I'd be bringing in AFB as well. He could play Marty's role without any trouble at all. Marty wouldn't have to be an 80 minute player then.

NRL Fox :
Tom Trbojevic 6.5 Had some classy moments but didn’t inject him often enough
Jorge Taufua 5.5 Will have nightmares about multiple Tigers running at him
Jamie Lyon 6 Bombed a try he struggled defensively with the speed of opposition
Steve Matai 6.5 Left nothing in the tank but had the same defensive problems as teammates.
Brayden Williame 4.5 Still to win his first game in the NRL. Very little impact.
Dylan Walker 6.5 Scored a good individual try but yet to be convincing at five-eighth.
Daly Cherry-Evans 6 Again failed to have the influence coach Barrett needs from him.
Josh Starling 5.5 Question marks over his mobility. Shown up by Tigers forwards
Api Koroisau 4.5 Poor early stint with the footy and will be lucky to hold his starting spot.
Nate Myles 5.5 Must be waiting for Origin. A lot of tackles but laboured with the footy.
Lewis Brown 6 Showed strength to score a try but his workrate just isn’t there.
Martin Taupau 8 Copped some treatment but absolute powerhouse with the footy.
Jake Trbojevic 7.5 Front –on defence was outstanding. One of Manly’s best
Matt Parcell 7 Looked far more dangerous with him on the field
Nathan Green 3.5 Only a few late minutes so no impact
Brenton Lawrence 8 Got Manly back into the game with his off-loads and ran strongly
Siosaia Vave 5 Reasonable contribution while out there but nothing more than that.

These ratings are generous, IMHO.

I know Myles was quiet but I'd give him another go albeit after a talking to about how the younger guys are looking to him and we need more from him. See if he is serious about being the leader of the forwards.

Williame needs to go. I'd bring in Lavaka or even Satini. Both impressed against Wenty.

I'd be bringing in AFB as well. He could play Marty's role without any trouble at all. Marty wouldn't have to be an 80 minute player then.

I'd agree with giving Myles one last shot at starting. If he doesn't live up to what is required from him then drop him to the bench.

I'd also agree with giving literally anyone a crack over Williame. Wouldn't matter if they had a heartbeat or not at this stage.

As for playing Marty for less then 80mins, I have to disagree. He proved he can be destructive all game while maintaining a good work rate for the full 80mins. Why would you bring him off for someone who isn't as good?

The problem is.....do you want Marty, Skivy and Jorge being our left edge for 80 minutes?

It didn't really work well on Monday night.

Just watched brett Stewart interview. He is hopeful of getting back at latest round 4 . He also told players and fans to be patient, its going to take time with combo's etc.
I have lost my patience with Wiliame being selected :)

Unfortunately, hopeful rather than confident could mean anywhere from round 4 to round 10.

I have nothing against Tommy playing fullback, but in all seriousness we need Snake at the back and Tommy on the wing. As good as we know he is and will be, Tom just doesn't have Snake's over 220 games worth of experience. In some ways, Tom is better than Snake right now. He's bigger, stronger and faster. But there is no substitute for experience and that alone still makes Brett the undisputed #1.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6