MWTS - We're going to NZ (and GC & FNQ)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Plans are now in place for the weekend trip to Un Zud for the MWTS.

Pretty much most of the group are taking advantage of the great deal offered to us by the TFE group at the Rendezvous hotel so that will be “home” and central to some of the planning for the weekend.

http://www.rendezvoushotels.com/auckland/default-en.html

Plans so far are as follows:-

Saturday evening c. 5pm meet in the bar of the Rendezvous Hotel for welcome drinks.

The hotel is giving the group “happy hours” prices during the weekend so bring your Sea Eagles or Football Club membership card and show it when buying/signing for food and drink?

Next, We’ve again been invited to the Mount Albert RL Club for food and drinks http://www.mtalbertlions.co.nz/start/

We’ll head over there after meeting at the hotel to catch up with the Mt Albert players and supporters following their game against the Richmond Rovers. (All welcome and for those wishing to join us we’ll be there from around 6.00pm)
They are kindly putting on a meal deal for the MWTS of $NZ 10 per head so please let us know if you intend dining? – see below for contact details

Whilst the evening will be geared around everyone relaxing and having a good time we will of course be mindful that the last time we visited there we witnessed Anthony “Mouse” Young performing the Haka and we will of course raise a glass in his honour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_aEvLAi_ts

All these events are family friendly so if you’re travelling with kids please feel free to join us?

I guess we’ll leave Mt Albert around 8/9pm ish and for those keen to “kick on” and join us to sample a bit of the local nightlife we’ll pop in and see Colin and his team at O’Hagan’s bar in the Viaduct area http://ohagans.co.nz/

Wear your Manly colours and you’ll be welcomed and well looked after by him and his staff.

It’s not unusual to see a few locals turn up at O’Hagan’s who have a connection with the club if they know we’re in town - there are some who frequent these pages who will remember seeing Graham Lowe turn up to say G’day and then do a set on stage playing an acoustic Beatles medley on a previous tour.

Rumour has it that Football Club director and former premiership winner and NZ international Darrell Williams may be encouraged to attend….

Sunday is game day of course – meet at O’Hagan’s pre-game (from around 11.00) for food and drinks and then we’ll head to Mt Smart from there.

I’ve yet to find out what bay we have tickets in but will advise once I know for those who will be at the ground and may want to join us.

Post-game we’ll again head to O’Hagan’s for that all important analysis and celebration of the win so meet us there if you’re looking to catch up with Manly supporters

I head to NZ early on the 22nd July and will have patchy internet access until the weekend of the game so any questions or to let me know you’d like to be included in plans please email [email protected] and I’ll get back to you as best and as soon as I can?

Hope to see you there,

Vidmar

PS Gold Coast plans are well under way so stay tuned if you’re planning on going to that game – there will be a discount on accommodation (Vibe Hotel Surfers), pre-match function, subsidised travel and match tickets and a post-match function at the ground (with player appearances) as part of the package. I’ll post more details when I get back from NZ.
There is also an increasing number of people asking about Townsville (Far North QLD - FNQ) - where we may clinch the minor premiership so again, I’ll post details of that trip when I get back (Check out the flights as there is only a couple of direct flights)

Thanks @vidmar. Cheer loud for those of us who can't make it to NZ but will be there in spirit! Enjoy and Go Manly!

And yes please raise a glass to Mouse for all of us.

Already booked flights and accommodation for Townsville looking forward to see the details

I was thinking about going to The Gold Coast, but am very unsure if I want to spend best part of $1k with all the rubbish thats going on.

bob dylan said:
I was thinking about going to The Gold Coast, but am very unsure if I want to spend best part of $1k with all the rubbish thats going on.

It's only money @bob dylan. On field there doesn't seem to be any dramas, should be a good trip.

marga said:
bob dylan said:

It's only money @bob dylan. On field there doesn't seem to be any dramas, should be a good trip.

Indeed it was an awesome trip - my first with the MWTS - it was great to meet the regular travellers. Thanks to Vidmar for the organisation, it was a fabulous weekend in Auckland. And we won!

What goes on your stays on tour!!

There are always WAY too many stories after a MWTS trip, some of which are not fit for public consumption!!

Mark from Brisbane said:

There are always WAY too many stories after a MWTS trip, some of which are not fit for public consumption!!

What goes on my what? lol

meh, you guys always say that. I reckon you're all full of it.

Tea totalling grandpa's.

(used to be stories when you still worked getting people to go on these tours :p )

As always, a great trip to the Shaky Isles.

Always helps when we get a result!

I'll post more details later as I'm flat chat at the moment but needless to say a lot of fun was had.

I'm also working with the membership department to be able to get details on-line for the Gold Coast trip very soon!

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

What goes on my what? lol

meh, you guys always say that. I reckon you're all full of it.

Tea totalling grandpa's.

(used to be stories when you still worked getting people to go on these tours :p )

Tea totalling Grandpa's....... Oh ye of little faith !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4