MWTS - Thanks for week-end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Another great week-end meeting with many old friends who support Manly. Bob & Jonesy gave all another memorable week-end.
Thanks

We had a great venue at the LA Hotel - good food, good grog and good friends.
General Manager, Dave Perry, gave us a good rundown on what's happening.
"Welcome to Brookvale North" sign had a rightful spot in Caxton St. The street crowd loved it!
Some, with Sunday hangovers, gave us all a chuckle. Panadeine Forte can only cure so much.

Thanks again. See you on the Gold Coast in August.

I was disappointed that the NE corner Bay 325 has now been decked out as 'The Fortress'. :huh:

Manly need to follow up this breach of intellectual property. The Ground Announcer even showcased these Donkey Pretenders :mad:

lismore_fan said:
Some, with Sunday hangovers, gave us all a chuckle. Panadeine Forte can only cure so much.

What happens on tour, stays on tour Lismore. :p

bones said:
lismore_fan said:

What happens on tour, stays on tour Lismore. :p

Oh I could make a fortune out of you Bones. But I won't.

It was a great weekend, even with the loss. Always nice to catch up with the MWTS. Can't wait to do it all again in NZ and the GC. See some of you at the a Dogs game on Friday.

Another great weekend and thanks to those who helped make it so.

It's always encouraging to see a mix of the regulars and new people and especially the way the new people are welcomed and made to feel part of the group.

Shame we didn't get the result but as Lismore said, we were well looked after by the LA hotel - special thanks to the Manager Dallas and his team and to David Perry and the members of the Sea Eagles and Football Club board for attending the event and mingling with the group.

The Saturday evening meet and greet will go down as one of the more memorable ones (for some - not all I guess?) and lot's of fun.

Next plane trip is to NZ - see here for more details

http://membership.manlyfootballclub.com.au/Events

lismore_fan said:
Another great week-end meeting with many old friends who support Manly. Bob & Jonesy gave all another memorable week-end.
Thanks

"Welcome to Brookvale North" sign had a rightful spot in Caxton St. The street crowd loved it!

I'm jealous I wasn't there.

What did Dave Perry have to say? Was there any talk on "player disharmony"?

Mals said:
lismore_fan said:
Thanks

I'm jealous I wasn't there.

What did Dave Perry have to say? Was there any talk on "player disharmony"?
[/quote ]

Basically he said that "Choc is Choc and he speaks his mind", he's still contracted to us for next year and we expect him to honour it".
Reading between the lines, I would say that there is a degree of player disharmony from some of the senior players, something not unexpected in a squad that has been together for so long and so successful.
Let's not forget that that in order to keep all of these players up to now, we have had to let go other players who wanted to stay with us as well, Menzies for one.
He also mentioned that we have around 18-20 million for the redevelopment of Brookvale, and he is also in discussion with the NRL regarding this.

Theeeeeeeeeeee....

wheels on the bus go round and round!

Thanks for the update guys, glad you all had fun and had a drink for me!*

*pffft who am I kidding, you had a drink for you! Well done.

Canadian report: coming soon. Stayed up till 10pm, watched game, went to bed annoyed (plus dog had jumped on bed.)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4