MWTS - Shark Park Trial Fri 3rd Feb 7.30

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mate texted me from ground reckons Farrar looks worse than before and dropped some howlers!! eek!!! said whare looked good!

Means nothing, in 08 we got smashed by the storm in a trial. This was the be all and end all for the Sharks though, so they'll celebrate like they won a premiership.

Darren said:
mate texted me from ground reckons Farrar looks worse than before and dropped some howlers!! eek!!! said whare looked good!
Gees your a nasty piece of work. Not even at the game and you wanna blame blokes and continue your vendettas.

nah jase wasn't there lol, hopefully we hit form when it counts. I'd say Farrar may have blown his chances with his howler however it was wet.

Darren said:
nah jase wasn't there lol, hopefully we hit form when it counts. I'd say Farrar may have blown his chances with his howler however it was wet.

mmm ?? you've got me worried - i've got him as a filler in both Fantasy teams

Cronulla seemed to be playing like it was a Grand Final. Manly looked like they were training. No big deal imo.

I was at the game. Farrar was ordinary but not terrible. Sharks scored some length of the field tries when we were hard on attack which flattered the score line, ref had only 1 arm, I think we got 1 penalty all night. Biggest disappointment was our intensity in defence & organisation when attacking in the red zone.

Question for those that were there, when did the top 13 or 17 get a run and were they all on together for any amount of time?

Scoreline would be disappointing for the coaching staff, but it at least they would have learned somethings. I do actually think the Sharks will be one of the biggest improvers this year. Say what you like about Carney but when he's doing the right things off the field he is quality on the field and he gives the Sharks something they haven't had for years. They still have a few too many rocks or diamonds players, especially in their backline but they have a pretty decent pack IMO. Wouldn't surprise me to see them pushing for a spot in the bottom half of the 8.

I was there and it looked to me that Cronulla wanted the win and went flat out to get it. We looked like we wanted to run into some condition. The top team, minus about 6, went on for the last two quarters. Good to see Brett out there looking solid. We did nothing spectacular except drop the ball a couple of times and gift them tries. Kingy needed the run as Carney stepped him for one of his tries. Oldfield could have stopped a Carney try if he had of went harder but chose to fall off the tackle when he had the guy covered for speed. I stlll think his defense is suss. Not much to write home about really. Good to be at the footie and see some of the regulars.

I was there last night,Cronulla fielded a strong side in every quarter, whereas in the first quarter the only first grader we had on was Darcey Lussic.
Second quarter, I don't think any regular first graders played, and the score went to 20-6.
Both teams fielded their first graders in the third and fourth quarter and Cronulla played with a lot more intensity than Manly, we had very few attacking raids in their half, let alone inside their 20,and when we did, it resulted in two intercept tries, and another try was scored from a dropped ball on our tryline.
We are really going to miss Robertson and Hopoate, Oldfield has a ton of pace the way he ran down that intercept, but once he got to that player, he didn't know how to tackle him, he needs more experience.
Not sure about Farrer, a bit suspect with the high ball, yet he's taller than Robbo, perhaps it's his technique.
Perhaps our players had the game in England more on their mind than Cronulla, and Cronulla has a heap of new recruits who are out to try and prove themselves.

Sharks moment of glory for 2012 beating the Premiers in a trial game . Bring on Leeds and we will see the Sea Eagles fly in a game that really matters !!!

Farrar or Oldfield!! Slow, can't catch very well but can tackle versus speedster, can't read plays and maybe dodgy defence. We do miss Robbo for sure!! Maybe Whare or Sipley will step up??

The other thing we need to keep in mind we were missing our entire backrow and two interchange props. I'm sure with those 5 blokes in the result would have been different.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8