MWTS - Raiders round 24 Canberra Sun 25 Aug

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
There has been a fair bit of interest in plans for the Canberra game so I thought it worth updating people on a few things.

There are plans underway to look at running a bus from the Leagues Cub to Canberra (Leaving Saturday morning and coming back Sunday evening after the game)

There’s been some discussions for a while with possible accommodation venues for the MWTS to negotiate some good deals and now that we have a firm date we can start to lock these down, confirm prices and look at planning other events for the weekend.

We’ve not decided a final hotel yet but as we were given far better rates than were available at the time on the net I’d suggest holding for a few days if you can to see what we can sort out and then make a decision?

There will be stuff happening on the Saturday night and also on the Sunday lunch pre-game so stay tuned and I’ll update re plans and any info on logistics for "away bay" match tickets and social events as and when we work through things?

Nice work Vidmar. Going down for that weekend with the family. So would love to know what everyone is doing.

Is it possible to just buy tickets to the game with the supportahs. Will be doing our own stuff with the family.

eagleE said:
Is it possible to just buy tickets to the game with the supportahs. Will be doing our own stuff with the family.

Hi, There is an away supporters bay (Currently Bay 59) which is where I guess the MWTS will be.

You can buy tickets now (just go to www.mwse.com.au and click on the "Team" tab and the "NRL Draw/Results" and follow the prompts) if you are keen to do your own stuff.

There are no family tickets on offer through that site.

There are a number of MWTS volunteers and Sea Eagles staff working on logistics to see what can be arranged to help fans who would like transport to be at the game, spend some time together over the weekend and sit in a group at the ground and maybe save them a bit of cash on the way.

As the day/time has only just been released we've not been able to set "in concrete" anything (If it had been released as a Monday night we would not have run a trip as very few would have travelled?) but now we can.

So, as per my original post... "I’ll update re plans and any info on logistics for "away bay" match tickets and social events as and when we work through things?"

Stay tuned?

vidmar said:
There is an away supporters bay (Currently Bay 59) which is where I guess the MWTS will be.

I was just having a look at the seating, the Away Supporters Bay is in the corner, which is not great. But everywhere seems to be reserved seating which is a bummer.

Anyway whinge over for the moment. Any seat will be good when we smash them.

https://secure.ticketdesq.com/book/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&TicketDesqID=1073&OrgID=15975

Bookings for the Canberra trip can be made above.

I should be able to post plans for the Sunday pre-game get together early next week

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2