1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MWTS Auckland Round 1

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by vidmar, Feb 27, 2012.

1. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Hi All,
    See the new thread in the MWTS forum for info regarding our visit to NZ this weekend.

If any locals or others who are going to the game are keen to join us please contact me if you have my details or send me a pm with yours and I'll keep you updated on plans?

2. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Check out the MWTS forum for an update of plans for this weekend in Auckland including a Q & A session with Joe Galavao and catch up with Darrell Williams and Graham Lowe on Saturday evening.

3. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Love to be with you lot again Bob, unfortunately I have another engagement, could be a dangerous night with Tinker and Lowie.

4. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,767 / 258
    Peter,

Hope you can make Brisbane Round 10, a lot of the WCC crew will come up for that!!

5. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Will be right for that one Mark.

6. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    GO MAAANNLY!!! Smash those warriors. Best of luck to the boys and our rookie legend of a coach.

7. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    All packed and ready and rarin' to go!

8. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Have fun guys. Most us righting is off, I think most are wrong :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    To those going, keep an eye out for a hens party at the game lol, a group of my friends have headed up for the weekend

Don't mess with them though, they pack a bloody good punch for their size haha

10. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    You sound like you are speaking from experience, have you plied them with vodka and tried to throw a leg?

11. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Haha na 1 of them was hitting my mate a while back so I hopped in the middle and copped 1 in the guts for my trouble haha, another time was for not supporting the Warriors haha

Severe weather warnings out for the entire north island for tomorrow, hopefully they pass well before the game

12. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Stuff the game... I hope they pass before my flight home on Monday.

13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    YEs good luck to all with this weather. For the game, bad weather will be to the advantage of the team with the best kicking game (assuming the forwards don't get dominated). We have the better kicking game, I reckon.

14. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Bit wet here in AKL....I've pulled an early mark to report back so the young 'uns can enjoy their rock n roll music.

Eagles of a feather are now flocking together as we are picking up "waifs and strays" at each turn so looks like we wil be OK for numbers come Sunday.

For those travelling to the game or in AKL for the weekend see the MWTS forum below for the update on where wil be?

15. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,767 / 258
  16. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    O'hagans was the venue that we all ended up at.

Everyone feeling better after a great recovery brekkie at the hotel buffet although much discussion regarding vodka cruisers (can't say any more)

Off to the Osbourne st bar & grill tonight so looking forward to that.

Bit wet and windy here in NZ so going to wrap up warm and head out for some fresh air.

17. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,767 / 258
    Great stuff Vid keep the updates coming, how is Jono's jet lag going. a fair effort to do WCC, 2 weeks in Europe and then fly into AKL for round 1

18. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Smelly is doing fine Mark.

19. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    A new knickname for one of the group is "pongo bongo" can't say any more....?[hr]
    Met another few Manly fans at the fish market at lunchtime plus 3 guys from Kaspersky who will be entertaining clients Pre-game tomorrow at the Dominion so that is the place to be Pre game.

20. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,767 / 258
    Pongo Bongo.......interesting, but as we know what goes on tour stays on tour