MWSE Golf Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Today I attended the (re-scheduled)MWSE golf day.
These are a few quick observations of the day.
d.c.e. peta hiku, jayden hodges, matt ballin, tom & jake trbojevic & luke burgess were there from start to finish with d.c.e. the last player to leave.
tom trbojevic played in the group after us & we thought he was auditioning for a job as a lifeguard(always on the sand!).
d.c.e. was joking with all from the start & looked to really enjoy himself today, whereas foz seemed to be in a good mood early but as we returned to the club i noticed him on the phone & it never left his ear until he got in his car & left(he didn't stay for the lunch-just played the round & was gone as soon as the promo stuff was done).
jake t. is apparently a great golfer-just ask him!
i had a quick chat with jorge & congratulated him on 'that hit' & he sheepishly replied that 'steves hit 5 minutes later was heaps better'.
next i spoke to steve & he asked 'how did you hit them today?' to which i replied 'not as good as the hit you put on tyrell on friday night!' it got a sly grin followed by a laugh.
most, if not all of the players were there for lunch(except foran-if he was then i don't know where he was hiding) & all were happy to have a chat,sign autographs & pose for photos.
we had the pleasure of sharing a table for lunch with toovey, & had a light hearted chat on a range of subjects.
all in all we a a great time & i am now looking forward to the golden eagles golf day in a couple of months time.

d.c.e. peta hiku, jayden hodges, matt ballin, tom & jake trbojevic & luke burgess were there from start to finish with d.c.e. the last player to leave.
tom trbojevic played in the group after us & we thought he was auditioning for a job as a lifeguard(always on the sand!).
d.c.e. was joking with all from the start & looked to really enjoy himself today, whereas foz seemed to be in a good mood early but as we returned to the club i noticed him on the phone & it never left his ear until he got in his car & left(he didn't stay for the lunch-just played the round & was gone as soon as the promo stuff was done).
i had a quick chat with jorge & congratulated him on 'that hit' & he sheepishly replied that 'steves hit 5 minutes later was heaps better'.
next i spoke to steve & he asked 'how did you hit them today?' to which i replied 'not as good as the hit you put on tyrell on friday night!' it got a sly grin followed by a laugh.
most, if not all of the players were there for lunch(except foran-if he was then i don't know where he was hiding) & all were happy to have a chat,sign autographs & pose for photos.
we had the pleasure of sharing a table for lunch with toovey, & had a light hearted chat on a range of subjects.
all in all we a a great time & i am now looking forward to the golden eagles golf day in a couple of months time.
Thanks for the interesting rundown.

Wow, thanks for the great update. Wish there were more of these. Where did you play?

Wow, thanks for the great update. Wish there were more of these. Where did you play?
it seems like it is an annual thing, but last year it was in january & this year originally set for may(bye round). we played at long reef golf club.
also, there is a game coming up in august with former players followed a dinner.
if the attachment works, have a look.

Attachments

• GE_Golf Day Invite.pdf
    230.8 KB · Views: 13
Any news on potential signings or other announcements?

Thx for the update!

I saw a comment on One Eyed Eel by some idiot saying how doing TPA's for Foz would be easy and how sponsorship dollars would flow in because he's a marketers dream, yada yada. That could not be further from the truth.

Say what you will about DCE and the loyalty bull**** (what is more loyal than being a one club player you media ****wits?) but he gets out there and loves it and knows how his bread is buttered. Plus he always, ALWAYS , has time for kids. He will earn his coin on and off the field.

Foz on the other hand is maybe gonna give you the value on the field only and that's provided you can put the horses around him AND hope his injuries aren't a problem.

After all the dramas we've had this year it's great to be able to read something positive...cheers

I saw a comment on One Eyed Eel by some idiot saying how doing TPA's for Foz would be easy and how sponsorship dollars would flow in because he's a marketers dream, yada yada. That could not be further from the truth.

Say what you will about DCE and the loyalty bull**** (what is more loyal than being a one club player you media ****wits?) but he gets out there and loves it and knows how his bread is buttered. Plus he always, ALWAYS , has time for kids. He will earn his coin on and off the field.

Foz on the other hand is maybe gonna give you the value on the field only and that's provided you can put the horses around him AND hope his injuries aren't a problem.
Sandow and Hopoate are still owed hundereds of thousands of dollars from TPA's arranged by parramatta so Foran shouldn't assume that he is actually going to receive the income.

Any news on potential signings or other announcements?

Thx for the update!
there was no talk re signings, more a relaxed 'fun' day for all.
tooves spoke of his short stint playing golf with other manly players in the early 90's, "beaver took all my money, so the clubs went under the house and are still there!".
jamie spoke about his injury & mentioned he didn't play golf because he was having a run to see how his leg is, but didn't commit to playing this weekend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4