MWSE Forums shut down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I spend enough money and time on this site, and am not usually welcome with too much enthusiasm on the main site. I dont have a membership so its a moot point anyway. But I figure I spend enough on this site to let that fact slide

Dan link said:
I spend enough money and time on this site, and am not usually welcome with too much enthusiasm on the main site. I dont have a membership so its a moot point anyway. But I figure I spend enough on this site to let that fact slide
Please don't feel as though you need to justify anything. I'm a rare visitor here and I appreciate the great deal of work it takes to keep a site like this ticking over seamlessly for the masses. Well done.

No doubt about it WAMF, Dan does a great job and unlike the MWSE site he doesn't get paid to do it!!

I have always found Dan to be very helpful and he deserves great praise for the work he puts into this!!

;D ;D

No gripes with MSWE - they have a charter which they do well these days.

Good thing about here is that it is an independent site which means that differing opinions and even out-and-out arguments can be posted without fear or favour. They is usually a good balance of opinion, dissenting voices and a range of views. It is usually entertaining and informative reading.

There is no in-group or 'old boys' group either!!!

Those history threads were a good read and reminded me of the Oracle, i can't believe i forgot about those days!  Of course, i was lurking only and couldn't add to the fun and hilarity that was involved by all.

We've all come a long way.....!

it's sad that I am now starting down the slide to 30 :(
I was so young and full of youth when this site was started

Dan link said:
Believing that there is a 'slide to 30' is a sign of immaturity  :)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180494.msg225056#msg225056 date=1243298570]
[/quote]

or a sign that I can't run as fast or recover as quickly as I could 5 years ago.

I have married life to look forward to, tell me that isn't a slide!

Dan if you are "sliding into 30" can we swap (wives as well if you like)???

Mines a good Granny, just what you need!!!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Dan if you are \"sliding into 30\" can we swap (wives as well if you like)???

Mines a good Granny, just what you need!!!!

Careful. I hear that's his thing ! Hehehehehe...

Dan link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180494.msg225058#msg225058 date=1243298799]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180494.msg225056#msg225056 date=1243298570]
[/quote]

or a sign that I can't run as fast or recover as quickly as I could 5 years ago.

I have married life to look forward to, tell me that isn't a slide!
[/quote]  Cataclysmic collapse comes to mind ......

Well it apears the mse forum will be "reinstated at some point Wednesday", with a members only Q & A where Qs can be posted between 9.30 and 11 am and CEO Mayer will respond some time later in the day.

I suppose that's better than him giving us the answers before we go through the charade of asking a Q...

Of course many members will be at work or otherwise unable to Post a Q during that time window, probably including me, but I'll try to think of 1 or Qs anyway.

who approved the pre-season function ?
Is Max going Senile ?
Why do they (Delmege faction) want you out (Grant) ?

Why are Sibraa and Dean voting with Delmege?
Why does the Leagues Club still have a vote when they basically contribute nothing to the running of MWSE Ltd?
Is Robbie Delmege really banned from the dressing room etc and is that why Max is miffed?
What happened to the Goat pictures that Willo and King had of Des in compromising situation? :) :)

What reason has the Sea EAgles board given you for voting against an extension of your term as ceo?

Are there officials or board members with whom you would be unable to continue working?

As ceo do you think it is a major black-eye for the Manly brand to dragged through the media repeatedly in relation to internal matters? As CEO what can you do about it?

Is the 2-owner model a realistic option for the future?

Under your business plan how much money will need to be donated by owners or the leagues club over the next 3 years to make the NRL operation viable?

Why do we need to take more games to Gosford?

Why only Mayer. The rest of the motley crew have the answers to the questions i have.

I recently attended the meeting at Manly Leagues Club that gave the members the opportunity to vote on the sale of the leagues club and land to The Penn Family. For those that were in attendance , you could feel the tension and the animosity that has developed between both factions ( Delmege & Penn ).

I find it hard to be critical of either party , as they have both dug deep financially for the betterment of the club. It's just a shame that now it has become a power war between the two.

Recent events that have angered me include the boards approval to move 4 home games ( next 2 years ) up to Gosford and also the treatment that Grant Mayer has been dealt. It is apparant to everyone that Mayer is an excellent administrator and his role at Manly is more important now than ever.

Not sure how true , but recently I was told by a very good authority within the club , that Delmege's plan some time ago was to oust Mayer to make room for wait for it..........Benny Elias (good friend of Delmege) to take up a role with the Sea Eagles. A frightening thought , I'm sure you would all agree. i won't reveal my source , as I was told in confidence.

I hope to God , I was misinformed !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6