MWSE forum closed down today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
Unfortunately Jerry MWSE have written the terms of membership the way banks do - i.e. T&Cs and entitlements can be amended in any way and at any time.

\"23. Membership Benefits - The Sea Eagles reserve the right to add, change or delete benefits from any membership category offered in the 2010 season without prior warning.

24. Membership Terms and Conditions - The Sea Eagles reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.\"

To my mind, and the reason I never posted there, is that it is (and can reasonably expected to be) a highly moderated forum.

Just because it was added as a membership benefit and some folks felt that this could be seen to have a dollar value attached to it, then they were then entitled to say whatever they wanted. Um, no, they had clearly defined rules on what was acceptable and were within their rights to moderate, ban or cancel the forum if they wanted.

Personally I am disappointed for all the people who enjoyed that forum and it is gone. Not everyone would be aware but that forum had a long history of heavy moderation and was a sugar coated environment for those who like that. I doubt that it was or could ever be anything more than that.
23-24 are disclaimer statements.
These are not legally binding as you have statutory rights. They are put there to dissuade the average joe who knows little about the law.

Do a search on Wiki & you'll get a better understanding.
You can't write a contract where one side doesn't have rights.
You have them whether they are stated or not.
:)

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Consumer_Rights    same applies here.

Hey Jerry glad your over here too. You said you had some back and forth banter with them.

I also tried to get something going but they never replied, maybe you had them tied up,  I also let them know they had breached my membership agreement and told them I doubted I would rejoin in 2011.

I also pointed out that there website admin was an embarrassment and things like Member News had not been update since March.

Who replied to you and what was said.

I might stir the pot tomorrow and tell them to keep an eye on the Telegraph because I might talk to someone there.

Don't bother Bob. You can still discuss things here openly. Getting fired up won't really help anything mate. Just enjoy the team, and fire up at me when I lose it after Manly losses :)!!

Ryan link said:
Don't bother Bob. You can still discuss things here openly. Getting fired up won't really help anything mate. Just enjoy the team, and fire up at me when I lose it after Manly losses :)!!

I am a born stirrer and cant help myself, just read some of my posts.

But thanks for the kind wishes.

I hope you wont be "losing it" this weekend, we must win.

Ryan link said:

Mate - I don't really want to post it so personal messaged you.

Cheers - Jerry

Jerry1 link said:
These are not legally binding as you have statutory rights. They are put there to dissuade the average joe who knows little about the law.

Jerry, my understanding under Australian law is that you would have to prove that MWSE undertook either "false or misleading representations or misleading conduct" or that you were entitled to a "consumer guarantee relating to the supply of services". It won't fall into unconscionable conduct or unfair practises. The rights in this instance are limited and won't include recovering damages as no loss has been incurred but there may be a case for compensation. But how much? If the value of membership benefits is around $49 and you take out the cap, the lanyard, the stickers, access to other member limited content on MWSE etc then it will be small potatoes. I do understand that for you that there is a principle involved, but yeah, moving on is probably the best option.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183601.msg267182#msg267182 date=1276780176]

I am a born stirrer and cant help myself, just read some of my posts.

But thanks for the kind wishes.

I hope you wont be "losing it" this weekend, we must win.
[/quote]

I'd love to say we'll win, as I think we will. But as most know on here, my predictions often lead to the team doing the opposite of whatever my prediction is.

For that reason alone, Rabbits by 20 ;)

A reverse sike. Or is a reverse sike just a sike for the sake of a sike in order for the original sike not to work, meaning I have played with the football Gods for my siking?

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183601.msg267175#msg267175 date=1276777389]

Jerry, my understanding under Australian law is that you would have to prove that MWSE undertook either "false or misleading representations or misleading conduct" or that you were entitled to a "consumer guarantee relating to the supply of services". It won't fall into unconscionable conduct or unfair practises. The rights in this instance are limited and won't include recovering damages as no loss has been incurred but there may be a case for compensation. But how much? If the value of membership benefits is around $49 and you take out the cap, the lanyard, the stickers, access to other member limited content on MWSE etc then it will be small potatoes. I do understand that for you that there is a principle involved, but yeah, moving on is probably the best option.
[/quote]
Firstly - I don't have to prove anything. The contract is agreed that they would provide a service. They would have to justify & compensate me for not supplying the said service.

Yes probably correct - but it would apply to ever member. Even if it was valued at $10.00 x that by 10,000 members.

Remember - it is across all membership packages from 3 match pass to gold reserve.

I've moved on but I aint having my tummy tickled.

There are all sorts of options there from Fair trading to Ray Hadley.

Some of us just need/want to have a vent about it,and stick it up 'em a bit.IMO it's the bloody arrogance of some in power over there that only believe in the sanitised version of everything.If all's not well,we just wanted to have a bit of a say about it.

codewana link said:
Jerry, you're sure catching up! 23 posts already!!!

Yep - but am trying to move on - gotta think of something controversial to post.

People keep winding me up - that"s what I usually do lol. 

G'day all.  Just arrived now.  My raft was a little more leaky than the others.  How good is this site?  Fair dinkum, this place makes the old country look ****house already!  Yeah,  i think i'm going to like it here just fine.

Hey guys, was a bit shattered today to find out about the MWSE forums, been checking them every day or 2 for about 5 years so was a bit of a loss. I wasnt a huge contributor but was always nice to have a place to go and see what other Manly tragics are going through as well.

Thanks to Mark for the headsup on where everyone was now, but i feel sorry for all the newer MWSE members who im sure only joined to get access to the forums which have now been taken away, i did note a rather large increase in members posting since they did that.

Well glad to be here and see so many familiar names. :-*

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=codewana link=topic=183601.msg267195#msg267195 date=1276781832]
Jerry, you're sure catching up! 23 posts already!!!

Yep - but am trying to move on - gotta think of something controversial to post.

People keep winding me up - that"s what I usually do lol. 
[/quote]

you'll fit in fine here then

mozgrame link said:
G'day all.  Just arrived now.  My raft was a little more leaky than the others.  How good is this site?  Fair dinkum, this place makes the old country look ****house already!  Yeah,  i think i'm going to like it here just fine.

just pray the mother ship don't sink

Again welcome all newbies and pleased I was able to steer you in the right direction, you'll have fun here BUT be warned it's not all fair sailing on this mother ship!!

im  :D  about the mwse site ... i was banned & within 2weeks the site closes .. i just got out earlier than all yous  :)
lol

I wonder how many hits their website is getting now?  I used to have it as one of my permanent firefox tabs but have since closed it now that the forum has gone.

Jethro link said:
I wonder how many hits their website is getting now?  I used to have it as one of my permanent firefox tabs but have since closed it now that the forum has gone.

I too have deleted them from my tabs.

Jethro Bodine always made me laugh

At the end of the day, the decision is a shocker.
I do feel a little ripped off but I don't want to hurt the club financially.
They will manage to hurt themselves.

The whole mwse forum debacle was handled amateurishly and poorly by a club that wishes to be viewed as 'respected and professional' beginning with the 'new forum rules' that were brought in 2-3 weeks ago. The tone of the 'new forum rules' got many members backs up instantly.
Then add the stupid bannings and fast forward a couple of weeks and they decide to remove the forum altogether.

A certain previous ceo would have handled this with a lot more 'understanding' and perhaps may have even consulted with those that frequented the forum to see if there were other options, before just pulling the plug so abruptly.

Does the current CEO have the ability to see past his nose?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2