1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MWSE forum closed down today

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Guest, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They have just closed down the forum on MWSE.

Good news for ST  

Dear Sea Eagles Members,

There has been recent discussion both within and outside of the Club about what is acceptable conduct on the members-only forum.

While the Club does not want to censor its member’s views and discussions, at the same time we cannot be a respected and professional NRL Club and have our own members commenting negatively, controversially and sometimes disrespectfully about players, staff or other NRL issues on an official Club forum.

The last few weeks have been spent monitoring the forum closely as I’m sure you are aware. We understand that the majority of our members are not involved in this negativity however unfortunately we do not have the staff to monitor the forum as closely as required to ensure the Club’s brand and respectability are maintained.

In addition to this, the feedback we have received from members is that they do not want to be censored and feel that they should be able to comment on all aspects of the Club.

For this reason the Sea Eagles members-only forum will be shut down. We understand that our members enjoy discussing all things Manly and the NRL and do not want to be the reason this no longer occurs. Therefore the forum will continue running until tonight to allow our members some time to discuss where best to continue any further discussions which we encourage.

The Club in no way disagrees with forums being used however in the interests of our members freedom of speech and the future of the Club’s reputation we would prefer discussions take place in a non-official capacity.

Members will still be the first to hear all the Sea Eagles news through the members-only emails, Des’ Diary and a new interactive members-only area on the website which will be up and running in 2011.

We thank you for being loyal members of the Sea Eagles and hope that you can respect the Club’s decision and continue to support your team and players… the mighty Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Admin
    Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

2. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Makes sense. 

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree.  The club doesn't need to be involved in monitoring a forum these days as it has better things to do.  

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Time for us to move to a new server sooner rather than later by the looks of it

5. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    It is a sad day met some great people from the MWSE forum. Hopefully they all find there way here.

6. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,700 / 256
  7. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    there is a long held hatred for us which means many wont. But hopefully they do. I just need to get us to a new host within the next few days to better handle the traffic

8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,700 / 256
    A few over there hate Silvertails Dan, but a lot of the new ones don't have any knowledge of the past and so I'd expect huge volumes to sign up.

I will do my best to promote Silvertails to my data base (as I have done already) and I;d be surprised if many stay away.

Silvertails is the new MWSE Forum  (as such) and yes you ARE going to need a bigger server.

9. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Am starting the migration tonight but will take a good week until we are there :)

I am going to look at setting up a new forum space as well for MWSE folk or those that don't want the negative talk etc. And see if that helps some

10. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    There maybe a need for a grievance counselling section on the new forum; and maybe a little waver telling new members (who are used to the sensitivities of the MWSE forum) that tackle football is played here and not touch football  ;)

11. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Was inevitable I suppose.

lol@captskin.

12. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    some folks might take time getting used to not having to tick the pop up that reminds you that no swearing ect is permitted.

13. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    I wouldn't worry about a seperate forum Dan to be honest...?

Your site is getting promo's from regular posters on MWSE and word will spread pretty quickly.

Most of the members know each other now from games/trips etc (or at least by reputation or forum name) so will more than likely move here to keep in contact with each other.

Mind you, from time to time I do feel there is likely to be some very spirited debate between the locals here and the "newby's" coming in to town......

Good result for you though mate?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol captain... 

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Every one just needs to get along.

Also new members need to be accepted too

16. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Yea, too bad so sad. Just jumping on here it is rather slow, need more bandwidth / processing.

17. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Oh well, it was destined to happen. I wonder if the club will start monitoring our forum.......hehe

18. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
  19. Umina Eagle

Umina Eagle New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello Everyone, i just read the news on the MWSE Forum, so here i am !!!!! :-*

20. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    It's a sure bet some journalists will.