1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutiple silver linings if DCE stays

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by lurker, Apr 17, 2015.

1. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    The big thing I've just been thinking about is if DCE backs out of the titans, which I'd be all for, it will motivate the NRL to change the stupid ****ing rule that lets people sign with other clubs before the season finishes. Which will be very helpful for us with the trbos and other young talent considering our sg ball and our NYC have both been playing really well.

No way are they going to cop getting burnt and not change the system.

2. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    The rule is a joke. It just continues the speculation for the players that have signed elsewhere and causes more and more disruptions.

I think you are right, if that was to happen, it could convince the NRL to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! That's right Greenknob, not just say 'yes well we'll consider the impacts, and look at consultation with key stakeholders'.

3. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,410 / 35
    I think if DCE backflips it may influence Gutho to re-sign, if the rumour is true that DCE wanting him to come to the GC.

I agree if DCE does backflip, the NRL seriously need a transfer window system, cause this will set an ongoing precedent, and player managers use it as a bargaining tool.

4. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    You do know no back flip is taking place unless his mum is lying which I doubt.

5. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    We may also get Gagai lol

6. Loobs

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    Throughout history there have been a few reported instances of kids keeping things from their parents. Strange I know but it has happened...

• Like Like x 2
  7. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    have you read some of the stuff his mum posts I'm not sure I'd be on the same page with her. Pretty out there. And he's a big boy who moved to Sydney on his own at 20 I'm sure he makes his own decisions. De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

If there was no substance to it why wouldn't DCE say no I'm committed?

• Like Like x 2
  8. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    It will be very interesting if DCE backflips and then they they change the rules. They seemed perfectly happy when the rules were benefiting the Titans and Parra and f***ing our season...

9. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    If it's like when he signed he will say something after the game (he will certainly be asked) let's not forget he has a game tonight.

Maybe he doesn't feel he needs 2 respond 2 rumours?

10. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Yer I agree . The thing that gets me and I know it's money.... If manly is such a toxic club y would he stay with us , maybe all the toxic garbage does fit with snake , watmough , and Foran and cherry is thinking once they are all gone we can get on with it . Just my opinion. Speculation at the moment I suppose but I hope to god that boy sticks with the mighty seaeagles of manly .

11. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    the titans (his alleged future employer) were worried enough to make a statement so you would think that warrants him saying something if it was completely untrue. All I'm saying is that his silence suggests there is definite substance. how much remains to be seen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Loobs

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    And our relationship with Orr seems to be good despite DCE seeing as we have so many of his clients on our books (and that Matai resigned not long ago)

13. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    No doubt the Titans (or should I say the NRL) are ****ting themselves what ever happens DCE should punt Orr as he has destroyed his image imo

14. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    Its pretty funny how quickly the tits fans have turned on him if you check out his instagram lol

15. Blake

Blake Active Member

North Narrabeen
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1
    If DCE does decide to back out on his deal, i'm sure the NRL will change the player signing rules on the same day and then fine Manly significantly for breaking the rules.

16. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Scott Penn's 'no comment' is the best indication something may happen IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Brooke

Brooke Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 9
    Thinking the same.

18. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    It's the Multiple Linings Playbook.

Sorry, I'm just trolling at the moment. Trying to get my posts back up to the heady levels I enjoyed in my previous incarnation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 32
    Scott Penn's no comment and DCE's silence speak volumes IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    They didn't change the rules when Luke Lewis did a flip a few years ago so why would they do so now?

• Like Like x 1