Mullaniacs Unite

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
From today's Telegraph:

"Without any fanfare former Manly Sea Eagles back Jye Mullane joined Southern Districts (Rugby) and is playing outside centre in first grade.

Souths general manager Bob Wilson reckons the son of former Cronulla Sharks star Mick Mullane will be pushing for a Super 14 contract by the end of the season."

What do Tasae Lavea, Lenny Beckett, Ben McDougall & Jye Mullane have in common?

They were all crap league players for Manly who have/are going on to bigger & better things in Rugby...... :wall:

Jye could probably kick the ball right out of the ground at some of the ovals they play the suburban rugby at.

You could also add Brett Sheenan to that list he was at Manly for a while bfore going to souths.

In the same section there is a paragraph stating Tezza has done his knee in playing for the Waves and it looks like his footy career is over

In the same section there is a paragraph stating Tezza has done his knee in playing for the Waves and it looks like his footy career is over

It will leave him more time to scour the harbour looking for lobster pots with Scotty.....

bigger and better things in rugby 8|

Sure Lavea is starting for the Blues but where is Beckett? Not in the Brumbies 22. MacDougall? Playing for Scotland, not the greatest achievement ever. Jye Mullane, well I would hardly call club rugby better than premier league.

Lavea really had potential. He tore a hamstring in the trial match against Parramatta and was never right after that. From memory Hasler (coaching 1st Division then) put him at halfback all the time (which he was a natural 5/8) and with an altercation with Alex Moore he wanted out of his contract which was a shame. I think Peter Sharp (which I think was his only 1st grade game) put him in at fullback which Lavea landed a field goal to win the game.

Don't forget that Clint Eadie did absolutely nothing in the lower grades for Manly and was in the NSW 2nds last year.

Mark Gerrard is another story and would look good in a Sea Eagle jersey!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6