Mtteo ruled out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL players generally play with some sort of injury they have to manage. He was going well before he re-injured his knee. A player with the offloading skills tha Mateo has will take time to gel with any team. Yes he looks a little unfit, but fully fit with time he will be a great asset, despite your assessment of how he should be played. I will back the coaching team thanks

Great asset if the club could of load him in the off season 2 the esl that would be a great outcome. This coaching team may back him but luckily it looks like we will have a different coaching team next season.

Are some of you lot serious ?

The 1st few rounds of the season, he was 1 of our best, people saying keep him in 5/8 permanently etc. Then against the Dragons he got bent backwards over his knee and missed quite a bit of time, comes back and has a poor game and all of a sudden is a dud buy and crap etc

Glad Silvertails doesn't have anything to do with recruitment and retention based on how quick people flip flop and write someone off

That bad game started with him getting injured in his first hit up, most likely what is causing him to sit out this week. Ankle injury iirc.

Unlike you to have a negative opinion on something Manly Mavin, didn't see that coming.

I stood next to Mateo the day before the 9s, he is far from "fat". May not have the chiseled physique of some, luckily some people dont see the need for all footballers to look exactly the same and be robotic

Unlike you to have a negative opinion on something Manly Mavin, didn't see that coming.

I stood next to Mateo the day before the 9s, he is far from "fat". May not have the chiseled physique of some, luckily some people dont see the need for all footballers to look exactly the same and be robotic

He is fat for a 1st grader on his last chance he has no emergency in his play and obviously his training.

Being negative on something doesn't make you wrong Kiwi. Maybe I just don't drink the Kool Aid either way you see him slim and fit for first grade fine I don't.

Personally expected more from Mateo but thats because I rate him as 1 of those super talents that has only ever hit 60% of his potential & thought at Manly, he just may find that extra energy lacking at past clubs.
His main issue atm is he wants to get rid of the ball like its a grenade in every play & the sooner they get him to make a few ugly runs without even a consideration of passing, he will crab around concentrating more on that offload as this is what he is renowned for & great at - but hard & direct first is the key to opening up legitimate opportunities - not forced passes.
Far from terrible so far, but dissapointing in the sense he has far more to offer than what we have seen so far.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4