Mtteo ruled out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Excellent, he absolutely cruelled us against Penrith.
Not sure why Hodges would be a good replacement he would be equally as damaging to our attack

He was awful against Penrith, didn't hit the line with any force. He's been injured and playing in a completely decimated team. I'm still hopeful he can come on strong.

Matteo is out of the team on Sat. Surely Hodges should get a start on the bench now.
Queensland proved last night that you need variety on the bench. I do not understand the obsession with playing rotating big boppers. We need variety as we are getting hammered around the ruck. We rarely get penalties for that now, Matty B is obviously instructed to focus on defence and distribution and he is great at that but we need as well someone who can run from dummy half and put the defence in 2 minds.

Are some of you lot serious ?

The 1st few rounds of the season, he was 1 of our best, people saying keep him in 5/8 permanently etc. Then against the Dragons he got bent backwards over his knee and missed quite a bit of time, comes back and has a poor game and all of a sudden is a dud buy and crap etc

Glad Silvertails doesn't have anything to do with recruitment and retention based on how quick people flip flop and write someone off

Queensland proved last night that you need variety on the bench, and not James Hasson. I do not understand the obsession with playing Hasson. We need variety as we are getting hammered around the ruck and he adds nothing when he plays his usual soft ten minutes. We get penalised heavily for that merkin being in the squad Matty B is obviously instructed to focus on defence and distribution and he is great at that but he can't keep covering for Hasson, so why not run Hodges instead?

Fixed that for you ;)

The 1st few rounds of the season, he was 1 of our best, people saying keep him in 5/8 permanently etc. Then against the Dragons he got bent backwards over his knee and missed quite a bit of time, comes back and has a poor game and all of a sudden is a dud buy and crap etc

Glad Silvertails doesn't have anything to do with recruitment and retention based on how quick people flip flop and write someone off

He had one good game, the rest I thought he was **** and was quite vocal about that. The Penrith game just cemented that. He thinks he is a great playmaker, when what he really does is just throw offloads when no one is expecting it or we don't need it. He just doesn't want to die with the ball, which leads him to drop it or throw it and put us under pressure or break down our next set play. He should be kept well out of the middle and play a little wider, only coming in for angled runs and an offload near the line. Anytime he gets directly involved in the play making things break down terribly and the likes of DCE and Lyon have to recover.

He could absolutely play the role Glenn Stewart played, he has all the skills needed to do that, but instead of helping to create space and plays out on the right hand side, he angles back in or across and throws a late offload.

He should be using his skills to be part of the right hand edge back line movement and throwing the ball earlier to draw the man then give it to Lyon to take advantage of the space

He reminds me a lot of Adam Cuthbertson....not that there's anything wrong with that !

1 of our best lol he is so fat as a first grade footballer it is a disgrace. He was lazy at the eels and the warriors I thought he would turn up fit and firing as this is his last chance but no still fat and lazy.

Yes **** me thank you! Many, I repeat MANY were wanting him at 6 next year! Now he's a dud because he rushed back to play? FFS he was wearing headgear just to get back out there! Mateo is not the problem.

He was clearly playing injured last game. Yet some here bag him...unbelievable

He was clearly playing injured last game. Yet some here bag him...unbelievable
Then don't play, if you're injury causes damage to the way we play, then you are doing more harm to the team and yourself by playing

Last edited:
Then don't play, if your injury causes damage to the way we play, then you are doing more harm to the team and yourself by playing
NRL players generally play with some sort of injury they have to manage. He was going well before he re-injured his knee. A player with the offloading skills tha Mateo has will take time to gel with any team. Yes he looks a little unfit, but fully fit with time he will be a great asset, despite your assessment of how he should be played. I will back the coaching team thanks

NRL players generally play with some sort of injury they have to manage. He was going well before he re-injured his knee. A player with the offloading skills tha Mateo has will take time to gel with any team. Yes he looks a little unfit, but fully fit with time he will be a great asset, despite your assessment of how he should be played. I will back the coaching team thanks
I am not concerned about his fitness, I am concerned about the way he plays and completely shuts down so many opportunities.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4