Mr David Perry - Food situation at Brookie is a disgrace!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Real Deal said:
HappilyManly said:
yokahontas said:
Incidentally - I bought a rain jacket 3 or 4 sizes too big a few years ago - it's great for bringing in entire Maccas meals for four ;-)

^^:p

Now we will have to go past Sniffer Dogs :D

Why the heck should I go through the turnstiles at Brookie feeling like I am bringing a bag of weed into Bali? Now wonder the NRL is leaking crowds.

Shapelle, is that you? :p

Dan said:
Stevo said:
You probably would have been better off emailing the club. To be honest I can't remember a time when you could take your own food or drink (except water) into a ground or any public place that is catered.
Agreed, it was always difficult to sneak my burboun into the ground

Just stick it down the front of your pants. It's not like you wouldn't need the boost.

Ring David and speak to the man himself. They need to to be aware of what fans expect.

I only go to a couple of games a year. No food consumed I just get soaked in beer and bourbon

bob dylan said:
Ring David and speak to the man himself. They need to to be aware of what fans expect.

KJEagle tried that yesterday but he wasn't in (refer post #7 or click on the following link:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Rant-Mr-David-Perry-Food-situation-at-Brookie-is-a-disgrace?pid=554546#pid554546 )

What the NRL need to do is have all the Junior League Clubs look after all the food and drinks at games, they can provide the BBQs with yummy steak sandwiches, hamburgers, bacon and egg rolls etc. This is much healthier, cheaper and all the money goes back into grass roots of Rugby League rather than paying money to these caters who charge ridiculous prices and the food is crap !

Stevo said:
Your idea of healthy is hamburgers and bacon and egg rolls?

methinks he was saying it would be healthier than the crap currently served.

I've heard the food has been atrocious for many seasons.

If no one gets the answer....try looking to see if someone's brother in law has gotten the contract. Bit of nepotism doing the rounds! (ie: kickback, dodgy contract etc seeing as the above was typed terribly.)

Mmmmmm hamburger......

Stevo said:

It healthier than McDonalds and Hungry Jacks with all the extra salt and crap they put in and a juicy fresh steak sandwich is better than a bucket of $7 chips and the $$$$ goes back into Junior League, helps with club houses, equipment, regos etc.

globaleagle said:
Stevo said:

methinks he was saying it would be healthier than the crap currently served.

I've heard the food has been atrocious for many seasons.

If no one gets the answer....try looking to see if someone's brother in law has gotten the contract. Bit of nepotism doing the rounds! (ie: kickback, dodgy contract etc seeing as the above was typed terribly.)

Mmmmmm hamburger......

It is the worst food at any game. Souths is good nice and healthy. I bring my own, I won't touch that crap.

I am surprised that Warringah council has never sent food inspectors to brookvale oval on game day as there is now way that the pies meet the minimum temperature guide.

They should rename them salmonella in pastry.

wombatgc said:
Real Deal said:
HappilyManly said:
yokahontas said:
Incidentally - I bought a rain jacket 3 or 4 sizes too big a few years ago - it's great for bringing in entire Maccas meals for four ;-)

Why the heck should I go through the turnstiles at Brookie feeling like I am bringing a bag of weed into Bali? Now wonder the NRL is leaking crowds.

I put my non commercial vegetable matter ina little plastic bag without problems.
However,they did take my orchy bottle but left my no name garden hose.

Next time i will remove the label from the orchy bottle and should be in like flynn

Eagle Rock said:
What the NRL need to do is have all the Junior League Clubs look after all the food and drinks at games, they can provide the BBQs with yummy steak sandwiches, hamburgers, bacon and egg rolls etc. This is much healthier, cheaper and all the money goes back into grass roots of Rugby League rather than paying money to these caters who charge ridiculous prices and the food is crap !

Tremendous idea ER. I like it

Go manly said:
wombatgc said:
Real Deal said:
HappilyManly said:
yokahontas said:

I put my non commercial vegetable matter ina little plastic bag without problems.
However,they did take my orchy bottle but left my no name garden hose.

Next time i will remove the label from the orchy bottle and should be in like flynn

The kids used to throw the Mcdonalds food over the fence for their mates to grab, don't know If this still goes on. I am sure Mr David Perry and Co. are sitting in their nice box scoffing down seafood and nice wines, while the rest eat over priced rubbish.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6