Moving to the northern beaches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Hi guys,
After several years in the eastern suburbs (I know, I know) the wife and I, now with twin boys in tow, are moving to Frenchs Forest. The best part is our boys will grow up in close proximity to Brookvale Oval.
Anyway, I've never lived in the area before (the closest I got was Neutral Bay/Cremorne Point during my carefree bachelor days, which were never as carefree as I'd hoped). Anyone got any tips for a newcomer? Best beaches for kids? Best places to shop? Best parks? Anything at all?
All suggestions welcome.

Basically it is like the western suburbs with a beach, but people have their noses higher in the air.

You will also suffer from public transport etc. The other major issue is your proximity to Ryan and his constant nudity :)

It's not a bad place to live I just found it tough commuting to work from there all the time. I live in Artarmon these days which is only a hop skip and a jump from Frenchs Forest and it's pretty good living

The Beaches are great says one who lives in the North West but has in-laws still over there. Warringah Mall is okay for shopping, Narrabeen and Freshwater are my favourite beaches, though Dee Why is great for the kids. I will talk to my brother who lives in Dee Why for more info, though I love the parks at Narrabeen Lakes and the bike path is also really nice.

I am also a big fan of Manly dam fishing, swiming, hiking, mountain bike riding. i really rate it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4