1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to the northern beaches

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Ron E. Gibbs, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Hi guys,
    After several years in the eastern suburbs (I know, I know) the wife and I, now with twin boys in tow, are moving to Frenchs Forest. The best part is our boys will grow up in close proximity to Brookvale Oval.
    Anyway, I've never lived in the area before (the closest I got was Neutral Bay/Cremorne Point during my carefree bachelor days, which were never as carefree as I'd hoped). Anyone got any tips for a newcomer? Best beaches for kids? Best places to shop? Best parks? Anything at all?
    All suggestions welcome.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Basically it is like the western suburbs with a beach, but people have their noses higher in the air.

You will also suffer from public transport etc. The other major issue is your proximity to Ryan and his constant nudity :)

It's not a bad place to live I just found it tough commuting to work from there all the time. I live in Artarmon these days which is only a hop skip and a jump from Frenchs Forest and it's pretty good living

3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The Beaches are great says one who lives in the North West but has in-laws still over there. Warringah Mall is okay for shopping, Narrabeen and Freshwater are my favourite beaches, though Dee Why is great for the kids. I will talk to my brother who lives in Dee Why for more info, though I love the parks at Narrabeen Lakes and the bike path is also really nice.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    theres a really nice patch of grass opposite maccas at brookvale

5. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Thanks, fluffy. I think I know that patch of grass:)

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I am also a big fan of Manly dam fishing, swiming, hiking, mountain bike riding. i really rate it