Moving to Bris Vegas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz link said:
Biggest issue is finding a decent place to live!

Have seen so many dives it is not funny....

As for the humidity i am going okay so far...but it could be a long summer!

For every dive there are 2 good places.

Just do some research on the houso areas first, Queensland ferals and westies are the worst kind of ferals

Yep we almost found out the hard way re places to live....one place was great, decent price - we were not 100% sure so decided to drive past at night

Dan it seemed like your old neighbours had moved south..

lol

yeah it is vital to go past at night, walk the dogs down there etc and especially on the weekend.

Fro link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=185160.msg303119#msg303119 date=1287533603]
Biggest issue is finding a decent place to live!

Well it is Qld :)
[/quote] The worst day in Queensland is better than the best day in inland NSW.

By the way, your feet get flatter up here. Footwear is limited to thongs which does nothing for your foot arch :)

Good news is we have found a place

a 3 level joint in New Farm...only a 20 minute walk to work which is going to be great!

awesome good on ya.

My house just went unconditional today, so am looking to find a place to live. The good places seem to go pretty quick up this way though.

We may have a place that backs straight on to Toogoom beach though, which would be nice, now I just have to train the dogs to hang around with no fence to stop them

We're moving house tomorrow.  Inheriting 4 swimming pools, climbing wall, abseil tower, canoe lake, 35 acres, rainforest walk, waterfall.  Should be okay.

Matabele link said:
We're moving house tomorrow.  Inheriting 4 swimming pools, climbing wall, abseil tower, canoe lake, 35 acres, rainforest walk, waterfall.  Should be okay.

SOME pewople get it tough.....lucky bastard!!

Isz, New Farm is a good spot, reasonably close to the city, lots of nice reastarants handy...close to the Valley (good and bad) and on the river...can't do a lot better than that.

I am on the other side of the city (going west)....but luckily here "west is good"....unlike Sydney it's one of the most affluent areas in Brisbane.

I come on the train to work in the city, 7 minute walk from home to the station and 2 minutes to work from the station....so not bad at all.

But geez where Mata is sounds cruisy doesn't it?

I work in the valley so not too bad to be close! All that said i am not sure i would want to live there fulll time......

which suburb mark? We have looked at so many...

Matabele link said:

Didnt realise Boggo Road had so many leisure facilities

Matabele link said:

Sounds like you could pass as one of the thoroughbreds now.

Mmmm newfarm hey. Pretty nice part of town I'm one of the thousands who commute everyday from the goldy to Brisbane to work. Just as well I love what I do.

How long is that Cambo?

One of the reasons we moved was to stop the syd peak hour struggle! a 20 minute suits me...

Anywhere between 50 mins and 90 mins I leave at 6 and get home at 6:15 most days I really don't mind because I enjoy my job n people I work with

I live in Taringa Isz

Going west from the city you have

Milton
Auchenflower
Toowong
Taringa
Indooroopilly

We are about 5 kms out, as I say less than 10 mins on train so pretty easy really.

Work in the CBD, Wickham Terrace...so almost spitting distance to the Valley

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7