Moving home matches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
jbb/james said:
I think next year Manly should take a match to san francisco

Be sure to wear flowers in your hair.

Its the image the NRL wants from the footy, peace loving, flowers and love, although from what i know about san fran, russel packer and don mckinnon probably grew up there

In a private ownership scenario the owners will always want to get the most bang for their bucks, I can't see much changing (other than venues).

I realise they get plenty of money for playing at Bluetongue, but what's to say they won't get better or equal money playing elsewhere?

Have heard that the NZRL are hoping the 9's is a success and becomes a vehicle for another NZ team so in saying that offer to take a game to NZ ie Titans or Cowboys

Manly To Win! said:
After Sunday's utter disgrace of a crowd (and before anyone asks, I was there), I fail to understand why we keep moving matches there. It's a great ground but few people on the Central Coast clearly like us and apart from the money, does anyone really gain from it?

I'd like to see matches moved to places like the country or Perth where crowds are always good and they're crying out for live NRL matches. We'd get money and possibly some new fans.

What other reason do you think the club moves games there?

Frank said:
Manly To Win! said:
After Sunday's utter disgrace of a crowd (and before anyone asks, I was there), I fail to understand why we keep moving matches there. It's a great ground but few people on the Central Coast clearly like us and apart from the money, does anyone really gain from it?

I'd like to see matches moved to places like the country or Perth where crowds are always good and they're crying out for live NRL matches. We'd get money and possibly some new fans.

What other reason do you think the club moves games there?

I realise they move matches for money and that they need it to survive, but what's to say they can't get better money elsewhere? Can't hurt to look. Not to mention the fact they could try and tap into new markets.

Duff said:
ManlyArmy said:
I reckon if tickets for Sunday were included in memberships we would've got at least 15,000. I thought 12,090 wasn't too bad considering we we're the only Sydney team.

Come on man, think about it.
This is how it used to be and we all whinged to get the moved games taken off the memberships. You can't bag the club for listening to fans.

I don't want to pay for 12 games if only 10 are at Brookie. I flat refuse to go to Gosford. Why should I have to pay for away games in my home game membership? Home game memberships are for home ground only. Gosford is not home ground, it's not even in our own city, which at least SFS & ANZ are.

If we are to take games away though, I also think that we should do it properly and take them to places that don't see regular first grade football.

Tony Luchetti Field at Lithgow??

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8