[moved] Religion comes first for Folau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Torah Bright

bright_portrait_new_Zacher.jpg

Special glasses.......yeah right, it's as credible as the resurrection or Saint Joe-E's story .

Ryan, I am not going to get into a slanging match on an issue that will bore most people to tears.

I stand by my thesis that there are many sincere Mormons who are willing to live by their faith. I will state very clearly that however the Mormons want to dress their faith it is so far removed from mainstream Christianity it isn't funny. Mormons do call themselves 'Christian' but the mainstream Christians reject this on the basis of doctrine theology and the main tenets of their faith.

I would stick to something that you know something about instead of trying to shoot me down. I have Google and Wikipedia on my computer too.

To say that all churches are out ot make a buck like businesses is a sad assumption as well!

Siloism at its greatest. Good work Dave !

What makes YOUR faith the mainstream faith? Is it because your faith says so? Wouldn't that make the Muslim faith by your counting the mainstream faith?
Why can't the Mormon faith be the mainstream faith, and your theories and practices aren't a cast off of the true indication of religion?

I repeat, if your church preaches that it is ok for you to make derogatory comments about another school of preaching (even though it is to the same God), then more power to you. That's dissapointing, but hey, whatever tickles your fancy.

Don't get upset and suggest that I not debate this topic either. What makes you a self professed expert on the subject more than I? I went to a Private Religious School, and I studied The Bible @ Narwee Baptist. Not just going to Church...studied it (moreso was forced to). I feel that you believe you are a better Eagles supporter than me. maybe your right. I'm up and down with my theories. But now you are suggesting you are a better and more knowledgeable worshiper of God than me !! Maybe so, but I still want to know what Christian's right it is to rub those theories in? To say that The Mormons are what you say they are is heirachial. Show me in your Bible where it says you can do these things....

We were taught acceptance and tolerance are a minimum standard. The way you bask in the fact that you believe someone elses faith isn't as correct or proper as yours means your church, or your perception of your church needs the button effect through it...........FLUUUUUSH !!!!

This is the reason I don't tend to get into the debates about religion. Dan is right. It's all just someone's idea, not backed up by any facts. BUT....I disagree with Dan on the existence of God...as I know he's there, and I know he's all accepting.

Your Church/Bible Dave tells you that if you don't do what God says, you will suffer for all eternity in hell.
My God is forgiving, and understands we aren't all perfect. Otherwise he wouldn't be a God right?

Suggest you read the gospels before you tell me who my God is and/or whether he is the same as the Mormon deity Ryan.

Suggest you read the gospels before you tell me who my God is and/or whether he is the same as the Mormon deity Ryan.

Andrew, I'm not telling you who your God is. That's your decision to make. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't put down other versions of The Christian religion, just because it differs from your viewpoint.

I find Dave's opinion that his religion type is the mainstream as self centered, and against the principles in his bible.

Then your trying to say The Jesus & God that the mormon's worship is different from the Jesus and God you worship?

Ryan, if you look at the origins of their understanding of a "name" then you will find they have inherited a perverted and incorrect understanding from the get go.

Do you know what "radical" actually means?

Ryan, if you look at the origins of their understanding of a \"name\" then you will find they have inherited a perverted and incorrect understanding from the get go.

Do you know what \"radical\" actually means?

I'm hella radical, dude.

Ryan, if you look at the origins of their understanding of a \"name\" then you will find they have inherited a perverted and incorrect understanding from the get go.

Do you know what \"radical\" actually means?

Yeah - IRA mean anything to you?
It's a shame those idiots couldn't look past the end of their own noses.
There are other religions out there, and like it or not, they may be more accurate than yours....or the way you have grown to know yours.

Before you start...I know the war in Ireland is more complex than religion. It was just the "excuse / vehicle / tool to start & CONTINUE the war.

What I'm saying is Dave, and anyone else, shouldn't patronise or put down another religion, based on their own self centred beliefs, because I'm sure if they read their holy book - they'd find they are doing the wrong thing.

Yes - I know what radical means, but your context is flawed. Would people believe the way you think about religion as being radical?

I'd say yes...but would you say yes?

All religions are based on the misconception that there is a 'higher' being that either accepts or doesn't. Trust me boys and girls, it's all bull****e. Religion, the drug for sad losers who can't decide for themselves..

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
Ryan, I am not going to get into a slanging match on an issue that will bore most people to tears.

I stand by my thesis that there are many sincere Mormons who are willing to live by their faith. I will state very clearly that however the Mormons want to dress their faith it is so far removed from mainstream Christianity it isn't funny. Mormons do call themselves 'Christian' but the mainstream Christians reject this on the basis of doctrine theology and the main tenets of their faith.

I would stick to something that you know something about instead of trying to shoot me down. I have Google and Wikipedia on my computer too.

To say that all churches are out ot make a buck like businesses is a sad assumption as well!

Siloism at its greatest. Good work Dave !

What makes YOUR faith the mainstream faith? Is it because your faith says so? Wouldn't that make the Muslim faith by your counting the mainstream faith?
Why can't the Mormon faith be the mainstream faith, and your theories and practices aren't a cast off of the true indication of religion?

I repeat, if your church preaches that it is ok for you to make derogatory comments about another school of preaching (even though it is to the same God), then more power to you. That's dissapointing, but hey, whatever tickles your fancy.

Don't get upset and suggest that I not debate this topic either. What makes you a self professed expert on the subject more than I? I went to a Private Religious School, and I studied The Bible @ Narwee Baptist. Not just going to Church...studied it (moreso was forced to). I feel that you believe you are a better Eagles supporter than me. maybe your right. I'm up and down with my theories. But now you are suggesting you are a better and more knowledgeable worshiper of God than me !! Maybe so, but I still want to know what Christian's right it is to rub those theories in? To say that The Mormons are what you say they are is heirachial. Show me in your Bible where it says you can do these things....

We were taught acceptance and tolerance are a minimum standard. The way you bask in the fact that you believe someone elses faith isn't as correct or proper as yours means your church, or your perception of your church needs the button effect through it...........FLUUUUUSH !!!!

This is the reason I don't tend to get into the debates about religion. Dan is right. It's all just someone's idea, not backed up by any facts. BUT....I disagree with Dan on the existence of God...as I know he's there, and I know he's all accepting.

Your Church/Bible Dave tells you that if you don't do what God says, you will suffer for all eternity in hell.
My God is forgiving, and understands we aren't all perfect. Otherwise he wouldn't be a God right?
[/quote]

Ryan - you had better go and read what I have written before you go off!!! Original Post - I admire their zealousness but to waste this time on that cause is a real tragedy. Biggest con of a religion ever (in the same boat as Jehovah's Witnesses.) They are sincere but sincerely deluded.I am not speaking of some subjective personal view but something that is generally wide held. I am not backward in saying it is a con but why have you become the protector of this religion or are you looking for some sport.

Second post I stand by my thesis that there are many sincere Mormons who are willing to live by their faith. I will state very clearly that however the Mormons want to dress their faith it is so far removed from mainstream Christianity it isn't funny. Mormons do call themselves 'Christian' but the mainstream Christians reject this on the basis of doctrine theology and the main tenets of their faith. Again I stand by this - nice people (many of them) but not mainstream. Funnily enough I teach and have taught comparitive religions for many years and might know a thing or two on the matter. Your arguments are akin to me saying I have been a bank customer for a few years which qualifies me to tell you how to run your bank.

I did not say anything at all about my church and have only stated what is on the public record re mainstream Christianity and Mormonism - they are so diametrically opposed, despite the Church of the Latter Day Saints trying to prove otherwise.
As for some of the other tosh you suggest I will answer it later maybe.

But until you can 'prove' that your faith is 100% correct, you too have to be considered delusional. And considering the evidence that proves your religion is not 100% accurate you might just be in the same boat.

But until you can 'prove' that your faith is 100% correct, you too have to be considered delusional. And considering the evidence that proves your religion is not 100% accurate you might just be in the same boat.

It depends on who is the basis of proof hey?

You guys know where I stand on the subject - and I am going to back CW up on this one. Mormonism (TCOJC&TLDS) is NOT mainstream Christian and is way out in, and apologies if I am too harsh, cuckoo land. They join, imo, Scientology as one the mumbo jumbo set of the Cross raising sects.

This is from the official Mormon site (the bolding is mine):

The Book of Mormon is a powerful witness of Jesus Christ. It helps us understand His teachings, including those in the Bible. Examples of Book of Mormon witnesses of Christ include:
* Nephi, who saw the birth and death of Christ in a vision ( 1 Nephi 11:13–15).
* The brother of Jared, who saw the Lord because of his great faith ( Ether 3:7–16).
* The prophet Samuel the Lamanite, who prophesied of Christ’s coming and gave the signs of His birth and death ( Helaman 13–14).
* Christ Himself, who, after His Resurrection, appeared to the people of ancient America and invited them to come forward one by one to see and touch Him until “they had all gone forth and had witnessed for themselves” ( 3 Nephi 11:13–17).

In the Bible, Jesus told His Apostles?, “Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd” ( John 10:16). Soon after He was resurrected, the Lord visited these “other sheep”—the inhabitants of ancient America. During this visit to the American continent (recorded in the Book of Mormon), Jesus Christ:
* Invited people to feel the wound marks in His hands and feet and side.
* Taught His gospel.
* Called twelve disciples to teach His gospel.
* Healed the sick.
* Prayed for the people.
* Performed miracles.

In September 1823, Joseph Smith was visited by a heavenly messenger named Moroni, in the same way that angels often appeared to Church leaders in the New Testament. Moroni informed Joseph that God had a work for him to do and told him that a record of the ancient inhabitants of the American continent was buried in a nearby hill. He stated that the record contained the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ ( Joseph Smith—History 1:27–34).

In September 1827, Joseph received the record, which was written on thin plates of gold. Joseph translated the book into English by the inspiration of God and called the book the Book of Mormon. It is named after Mormon, an ancient prophet who compiled the sacred record. The book verifies, as another testament of Christ, the reality and divinity of Jesus Christ. It is, then, a second witness that affirms the truth of the Bible.

I have no problems with any body's beliefs but JC visiting primitive America and all this foretold on gold tablets that cannot be verified?

Here are the details in in his own words:
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/bm/jstestimony
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/js_h/1

Believe what you will but this is pretty out there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4