Moved: Fan Story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hello all,

I am a filmmaker doing a story on passion in sport. I'm from the UK and am doing a series covering a few different sports in several countries.
I was wondering if any passionate Manly Sea Eagles fan and your family/friends would mind if I came along and followed you on match day on Sunday with a camera, starting at your house and following you to the ground. I am still in discussions with the NRL as to whether I am allowed to film inside the stadium. Then I'd film your reaction to the result afterwards outside the stadium. Feel free to contact me on [email protected] or [email protected] if you're available

Re: Fan Story

huwroberts link said:
Hello all,

I am a filmmaker doing a story on passion in sport. I'm from the UK and am doing a series covering a few different sports in several countries.
I was wondering if any passionate Manly Sea Eagles fan and your family/friends would mind if I came along and followed you on match day on Sunday with a camera, starting at your house and following you to the ground. I am still in discussions with the NRL as to whether I am allowed to film inside the stadium. Then I'd film your reaction to the result afterwards outside the stadium. Feel free to contact me on [email protected] or [email protected] if you're available

Hey mate I am going to move this to the Rugby League Forum, you will get more hits there

I'm sure Vidmar will be up for this one.  I could offer but I reckon the 6 hour drive to the Stadium might be a bit tedious. 

Matabele link said:
I'm sure Vidmar will be up for this one.  I could offer but I reckon the 6 hour drive to the Stadium might be a bit tedious. 

Lol yeayh If you want to come watch 2 absolute Manly nuts running around the living room and hugging like gay fairies everytime Manly score then jump on a plane to Hervey Bay, otherwiseI am out, but Vidmar is def worth a shot

huwroberts link said:
Thanks for getting back guys. How do I get in touch with Vidmar?

Search him in the members list and send him an email or private message. I am about to shoot him an email for you now see if he is interested, though he is down at the manly photo shoot now.

If you are anywhere near the Brookvale oval, quickly drive or catch a cab down there now whilst they are doing the photo shoot and ask the people there if anyone is interested.

There's a group of 12 of us going to the game and partying before as well. I have emailed you. Basically we'll be meeting up with most people on this forum at some point as well.

Would your synopsis be that the convicts are pretty piss poor when it comes to supporting a rugby league side?  Little doubt we don't mark up to the passion seen in the EPL or even the AFL for that matter.

We try hard though.

Was just down at the AFL final. Seems like they're pretty passionate down there. You're right football fans in England take support very seriously and I'm hoping to see some of the same this weekend. looking forward to it.

huwroberts link said:
Was just down at the AFL final. Seems like they're pretty passionate down there. You're right football fans in England take support very seriously and I'm hoping to see some of the same this weekend. looking forward to it.

if you want to see passion then when in company of Manly supporters tomorrow bring up the 1995 and 1997 grand finals. Also try mentioning Parramatta

If you want to see a passionate team, I think Manly is your team. Unlike the other teams, we are depised...but we feed off it. Every other fan was bred to hate Manly...we were bred to not give a sh*t what anyone else thinks.

Jono link said:
Every other fan was bred to hate Manly...we were bred to not give a sh*t what anyone else thinks.
  All the other mob are illiterate knobs.  Especially Eels fans.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7