MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 9: Sea Eagles v Knights 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3. Snake - Set up a try, Scored two tries, Good defensive effort and good organisation of the players from the back.
2. Killer - No fanfare, but kicked 5 out of 5. Classy effort in defence and attack, otherwise we would have lost if Killer wasn't on the field.
1. Blake Leary - A great replacement for injured Buhrer. Very impressive. Would be good to have both in the backrow.

Notables -
DCE - Even though all the hype and glory was with DCE, whom I acknowledge did many good things like backing up to score a team try, kicking the 40/20, and elusive in attack......... he also make some glaring errors like silly stuff in our own try line (instead of taking the tackle, he allowed himself to be pushed in, giving the Knights another 6 which led to a try). He also missed a one on one tackle against Tariq Sims, which led to another try.

Both wingers were solid again.
Jorge and Wolfy were the difference in our backline compared to previous weeks.

Jake T - He's a star !!

3. DCE
2. Leary
1. Snake
HM: Jake, Hiku, Horo, Tafua, Burgess

We had Leary 188m, Jake 150m, Horo 141m, Burgess 136m, Lui 100m. That says it all really.

Great win boys, 2/2 and the start of a run.

Notables -
DCE - Even though all the hype and glory was with DCE, whom I acknowledge did many good things like backing up to score a team try, kicking the 40/20, and elusive in attack......... he also make some glaring errors like silly stuff in our own try line (instead of taking the tackle, he allowed himself to be pushed in, giving the Knights another 6 which led to a try). He also missed a one on one tackle against Tariq Sims, which led to another try.
Yes he got pushed back in goal, but was the one who was in position to take the bomb in the first place. He also created the break where Hiku kicked to Snake for a try, set up Sao for a try and made linebreaks. Agreed a few missed tackles but if he wasn't there - we lose IMO.

1. DCE really halted the Knights momentum with the 40/20, and we scored off that set. I can forgive him for the miss tackle on Sims too, because if everyone does their job, he doesn't have to make that tackle 1 on 1 anyway; the whole defensive line was stretched at that point.

2. Leary (as I mentioned in the live blog at half time) was having a stormer, and picked up where he left off in the second half. That was a strong performance.

3. Snake gets a point for scoring a double and grabbing his 150th try. He had a hand in two others as well, so well done Snake.

We played so well today that I had forgotten that Matai and Buhrer weren't playing. That's saying something, especially in Buhrer's case as he was our best forward before his injury. Today's effort doesn't quite top our performance in round 8 but it's good to see that the team has gotten some strong momentum.

3. DCE. Masterclass from him. Someone excluded him from points today because they felt he made some glaring errors. Somewhat harsh as he was our only real half today and has to be actively involved with every attacking set. When you handle that much ball, you will make errors no matter how good you are.

2. Leary. His performance gave us a serious platform although just about every forward excelled today.

1. Snake. The legend keeps on going.

3 DCE
2 Jake
1 Snake

-3 for Snake's Boogie Nights moustache.:p
Snake played well, the moustache had an off day.

3 - Snake, 2 - Leary, 1 - Cherry
Honourable mentions to Jake and Killer.

Just for interest sake, Tooves announced at the club the Players' Player was Jake. Great to be back at Brookie and winning :happy:

3-DCE.....came up with the big plays when they were needed. He's worth whatever we need to pay to keep him.

2-Killer.....he made a huge difference out there. You can tell he's recovered. Back kicking again.

1-Leary.....the guy was huge and as much as I wanted to give a point to Snake, the forwards had to get something.

Jake was great and Matty made his customary 40+ tackles.

3 DCE Drove them around with the opposition knowing he would be the play maker all the time and still managed to find and create space
2 Leary dropped back into first grade and made a shedload of metres and tackles can't ask for any more from a 5 gamer
1 Turbo J back to back weeks of 150m for a 10 gamer starting prop who is so young in prop years. What will this guy be at 50 games? At this stage one would think partnering Klemmer and Woods in what will be a damn good NSW and Aussie pack

Stewy, Horo, Hiku all worthy of points and more

Ok seriously now...

3. DCE - no explanation required. A genuine superstar.
2. Snake - back to his Brookie best. Great to see him smiling.
1. Killer - he's been out of form for a while (battling injury) but today it was back to the Killer of old.

The prop rotation seems to be set, Jake Turbo and Burgess are building to be a good pair working together. Defensively they are improving, working in tackles and Burgess seems to be making more metres with Jake on the field. Now that the backrow looks a bit more organised, Mason is hitting it up better. Would like to see Sao kept in the 17. Now to see how Starling fits in but it must be bye-bye to Hasson and what to do with Sene-Lafao.

DCE....Whether he's leaving or not, no one could doubt his effort.
Leary...May turn out to be the buy of the year.
Snake...Champion game and still has more pace than I gave him credit for.

Was a solid performance from the entire squad yesterday, and a few players that played exceptional will miss out on votes like Jake T and Hiku. But for me -
3 - Leary
2 - DCE
1 - Snake

3 Leary. Great game
2 Dce. Just some real match winning brilliance
1 snake. Looked very sharp

Special mention to killer. Not only returned well but kicked 5 from 5. With 4 from the sideline. And also to jake t. I thought he worked himself hard all game and his tackling technique is awesome.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8