MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 8: Storm v Sea Eagles 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3: DCE - Set up our tries, kicked great and solid as always defensively.
2: Horo - Great game, ran hard, ran good lines, tackled hard and a good combination with Foz defensively which was good to see.
1: Hiku - 3 big tackles after we had just got our noses in front. Kept the storm out and that's good enough for my 1 point.

I was going to say even if we didn't win, we played like Manly of old again.
We played like a first grade team again.
BUT, we did win, so GO MANLY!!!

The turn around is due to having first grade players playing in the outside backs.
Defence looks much better out wide and we didn't concede reserve grade type tries.

I was so proud of all the boys. They all put in tonight.

Difference?
No Wiliame.

For the next round, just zero out the silly errors and we will win a lot more games.

I was honestly surprised when they gave the award to DCE. He had a good game, no doubt.
But, for mine, I gave 3 to Horo. He did a lot of the ugly stuff that needed to doing. Boy you can tell he's off contract. :nod:

I was going to say even if we didn't win, we played like Manly of old again.
We played like a first grade team again.
BUT, we did win, so GO MANLY!!!

The turn around is due to having first grade players playing in the outside backs.
Defence looks much better out wide and we didn't concede reserve grade type tries.

I was so proud of all the boys. They all put in tonight.

Difference?
No Wiliame.

For the next round, just zero out the silly errors and we will win a lot more games.
No Blair either.

i thought T Red was the best followed closely by Chezza. The wolf bronz medal played well and kicked accurately.

I was honestly surprised when they gave the award to DCE. He had a good game, no doubt.
But, for mine, I gave 3 to Horo. He did a lot of the ugly stuff that needed to doing. Boy you can tell he's off contract. :nod:

Without DCE there would be no win, so its understandable. But you sure can tell Horo is off contract.

No Blair either.

We have won with Blair before but never with Wiliame.
I rather have Blair over Wiliame.
I know Blair have/had an issue with reading defence, but that may be fixable.
I have criticized Blair over a few games that he had cost us in the earlier rounds but I like his kick returns and his ability under the high ball. He may not be a regular 1st grader but Blair could be a handy back up (providing he learns how to mark his opposite winger).
Wiliame, I'm afraid that whatever he has, is just not good enough for 1st grade.
It's a shame. I thought his first couple of games showed hope and promise. He'll have to stay a long time in Reggies to get to first grade level.

Again, no votes for Foran. Was he a late withdrawal?

I did read he was heading to Parramatta to find his spine, but not sure.

I am no longer a fan of Foran either but he did a couple of good things for us tonight.
A highlight was when he made the Storm cough up possession.
Anyway, I rather not gloss over anyone who don't want to stay at our club.

Tonight was easily our best backline of the season. Snake, Jorge, Peta, Skivy, Jorge, Foran and DCE. No Blair, no Wiliame. After a bit of settling in it was almost like old times. They actually looked like they knew what each other was doing out there and looked like they had confidence in each other.

Turbo got my 3 points. We finally have a prop that can match it with the rest of the NRL. 2 hit ups in some sets.

DCE was in everything and kicked beautifully.

Horo rolled up the sleeves tonight.

Tonight was easily our best backline of the season. Snake, Jorge, Peta, Skivy, Jorge, Foran and DCE. No Blair, no Wiliame. After a bit of settling in it was almost like old times. They actually looked like they knew what each other was doing out there and looked like they had confidence in each other.
You forgot Wolfy. :wait: I didint give him any points but here was where he was supposed to be for most of the night. Good goalkicking too. Scored that try to put us in front. If Lyon is still out, he keeps his spot. David is a fighter, very good solid finisher.

You forgot Wolfy. :wait: I didint give him any points but here was where he was supposed to be for most of the night. Good goalkicking too. Scored that try to put us in front. If Lyon is still out, he keeps his spot. David is a fighter, very good solid finisher.

Glad to see Wolfy back and doing good, even goal kicking!
We should keep him in the books, whether as a backup or as a regular.

This shows that even when your forwards are trying hard, if we don't have good backs, we simply can't win. Also Tooves is right about defence being the key. Quality backs know how to defend a greater amount of space than the forwards. Most of the games we lost, we lost it in the backs leaking tries.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2