MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 5: Sea Eagles v Raiders 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Turbo by a mile.

I actually gave Sao a couple. I thought he had a dig in that second half and tried hard to lift the team with a couple of good shots.

Ballin fell over the line just because of the mountain of work he got through, though not one of his best (says a lot for how bad most the others were)

This one is easy for me.

3 - Tom Trbojevic
2 - Jake Trbojevic
1 - Matt Ballin

Very disappointed that Matt Ballin had to be part of that rabble in his 200th game. As usual he tackled himself to a stand-still.

Tom has made it very hard for Tooves (or whoever our coach is next week.....) to drop him if others become available. Our best today by a country mile, which is fitting since the game was played in the country.

Jake T continues to impress. Not hard to see why there are big wraps on the Trbojevic brothers.

Hiku was ok other than that pass. T-Red never gave up. Same with the Biscuit, that kid is a keeper. JSL as usual added some energy and Wiliame can't be blamed for the loss.

Losing Ferris early didn't help. Having one of our halves try hard but be clearly out of form (and injured) while the other took 70 minutes to warm up to the fact that he was playing a game of rugby league didn't help either. Snake looked tentative in the conditions and showed little life until it was too late while of all players Blair was the one Manly player (other than Foran) who didn't deserve to cross for a try.

Turbo by a mile.

I actually gave Sao a couple. I thought he had a dig in that second half and tried hard to lift the team with a couple of good shots.

Ballin fell over the line just because of the mountain of work he got through, though not one of his best (says a lot for how bad most the others were)
Yep it was massively noticeable on his second stint you could see him having a real dig

3. T Turbo - the kid is pure class.
2. J Turbo - tried hard, made some good tackles and runs
1. Ballin - Got through a mountain of work in his 200th game

Commendable effort goes to Mason who made some really good runs out there and looked good despite being ill this week, and Soggy who put on a couple of big shots and tried hard. Everyone else was awful.

^ Agree that Mason and Sao put some effort in. I also thought Hiku was good at centre. But our best player by a mile was an 18-year-old on debut.

RLW Player ratings for the game (my ratings are in brackets):

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/player_ratings/

Brett Stewart - 6 (3)
Cheyse Blair - 5 (4 - ONLY because he scored a try. Otherwise a 3)
Brayden Wiliame - 6 (6)
Peta Hiku - 6 (6)
Tom Trbojevic - 7 (9)
Kieran Foran - 6 (2)
Daly Cherry-Evans - 5 (3)
Luke Burgess - 5 (4)
Matt Ballin - 6 (6)
Willie Mason - 6 (6)
Jamie Buhrer - 5 (3 - off with concussion)
Tom Symonds - 6 (6)
Danamis Lui - 6 (5)
Jesse Sene-Lafeo - 5 (5)
Jake Trbojevic - 6 (7)
Justin Horo - 6 (3)
Ligi Sao - 5 (7)

Can't say I agree with a few of those ratings.....

Last edited:
RLW Player ratings for the game (my ratings are in brackets):

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/player_ratings/

Brett Stewart - 6 (4)
Cheyse Blair - 5 (5)
Brayden Wiliame - 6 (6)
Peta Hiku - 6 (6)
Tom Trbojevic - 7 (9)
Kieran Foran - 6 (2)
Daly Cherry-Evans - 5 (6)
Luke Burgess - 5 (4)
Matt Ballin - 6 (6)
Willie Mason - 6 (7)
Jamie Buhrer - 5 (3 - off with concussion)
Tom Symonds - 6 (6)
Danamis Lui - 6 (5)
Jesse Sene-Lafeo - 5 (5)
Jake Trbojevic - 6 (7)
Justin Horo - 6 (4)
Ligi Sao - 5 (7)

Can't say I agree with a few of those ratings.....

That's a joke. we were way worse than that

Today sadly that would include two players who before the season I'd never say were in our worst 3 - Snake and Foran. The other was Blair despite the try.
Yep, they make up my three as well..... but our forwards were mostly **** too. No go forward and no sting in D.

I mostly don't have a problem with our go forward. Obviously I want our go forward to be better, but we lose big time with our defence, as I said before. Most sets the opposition gains about 60 meters.

Well played Turbo, and a big wrap to your bro and Ligi Sao. Honorables to Matty, Hiku and Williame. Foran again a disgrace for 60 mins and apart from a couple of clever flick passes Snake did nothing and I'm fearful he really doesn't care so much anymore.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4