MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 3 Sea Eagles v Bulldogs 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought all the forwards put in a committed effort tonight, Lui and JSL very enthusiastic and Mason and Burgess really dug in. Turbo looks pretty handy, with a few strings to his bow. Mateo was good again, the rest of the outside backs didn't really have much impact...Hiku probably the pick of them. Stevie is a warrior but I can't help thinking he might have come back from injury a little early, he struggled in defence last week and again tonight, which is unusual for him to say the least.

Dogs forwards played within themselves on cruise control and our pack had to have elevated levels of enthusiasm just to match a disinterested Dogs pack, I would not say a clear decision but at least matched and a little on top in stages.
I thought the same. But I also feel our pack has improvement in it and belief and confidence will grow after not getting trampled by a pack like the Dogs.

Hard to pick but I'll go with -
3. Mateo
2. Trbojevic
1. Burgess
===

Player post game comments:
1. Snake - Good Captain's game. Tried hard, led well, but no tries at Brookie for the Prince.
2. Blair - Not bad at kick returns, but Defensively INEPT. Cost us the game.
20. Wiliame - Exciting player. Only young and will get better.
4. Matai - Never stops trying. Only knows one way, hard and fast.
5. Hiku - Solid display. Good assistance for Brett.
6. Mateo - Wow, what a game. Only real spark for the team. Who needs Foz!
7. DCE - His mind was at the Titans, his heart was in his wallet. Silly errors.
8. Burgess - Very good buy after all. Great hard runs.
9. Ballin - Smart plays from an experienced player. Hard worker.
10. Mason - Tried hard. Willie gave his all.
11. Buhrer - Busy in plays, but not a game changer so far.
12. Symonds - Extremely busy and gave his money's worth.
13. Lui - Same for Lui. Worked very hard against a big pack.

14. JSL - Loves playing for Manly. Always run until empty.
15. Trbojevic - This kid is something. One dropsy, but Tremendous effort.
16. Sao - What a cracker of a game! What a future.
17. Horo - Horo show indeed. Two giant mistakes. May have murdered his chances for 1st grade this year or ever again.

Referees - thinks the NRL players should be treated like Under 6. What's with all the stop-start bullcr@p??

Chn 9 Commentary - Warren and Sterlo can't help but ridicule Manly. If Warren is the best there is, there's no hope for League commentary. Tired clichés, Mind-numbing remarks, Incorrect calls, Boring, dull and biased opinions. Warren must have been a proctologist before TV and Sterlo was his regular customer.

===

WHAT A PAINFUL GAME TO WATCH, despite the effort of some players and without many of our regular first graders.

What did we learn from this game?
1. Hodkinson is not the answer for us. He was ordinary at best.
What the hell did he do to his hair?

2. Trbojevic and Sao are going to be great forwards for Manly.

3. Goal kicking is imperative. We could have won even playing this ordinary. I know Gutho kick goals but he's been injured a few times (not regular on field). Daryl Halligan is for hire. He trained Thurston and Masri. Hire him to train a couple of our young guns. The carrot is a regular first grade spot for the kids.

4. If the Dogs have trouble defeating us with the amount of opportunities we gave them, they have bigger problems than ours.

5. Should we go hard on Elgey? He's a superstar of the future.

6. For future buys, I'd say no to Albert Kelly and have doubts about the Human Bubbler. We need young, mentally stable nobodies who are due to break into first grade.

7. Johns blamed Blair for being lazy in defence. He's absolutely correct.
-

I liked what I saw from Burgess tonight, but had to go with
3 - Lui
2 - Mateo
1 - Symonds

7. DCE - His mind was at the Titans, his heart was in his wallet. Silly errors.

17. Horo - Horo show indeed. Two giant mistakes. May have murdered his chances for 1st grade this year or ever again.

Chn 9 Commentary - Warren and Sterlo can't help but ridicule Manly. If Warren is the best there is, there's no hope for League commentary. Tired clichés, Mind-numbing remarks, Incorrect calls, Boring, dull and biased opinions. Warren must have been a proctologist before TV and Sterlo was his regular customer.

some great stuff Ramrod, I want a weekly review. I think you should start your own thread each week; you could title it "Ramrod's Rant". I'll be a regular reader!

some great stuff Ramrod, I want a weekly review. I think you should start your own thread each week; you could title it "Ramrod's Rant". I'll be a regular reader!

You're too kind, Snake.
I'm just another passionate Manly fan like 'most anybody else here.

I just hope I don't put my foot in my mouth and make the wrong calls. @:blush:
Unfortunately, I may not be able to watch every game and comment on them.

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, I get extremely peeved when players are treating fans with disdain. I know they used "business" as a regular excuse now. It's an easy cop out for those greedy ones.

If they want business, they should get a normal job.
Sports have cult followings and passion.

A wife of an ex Manly great once told me that some players forget who pays them and that the fans are very important. Without us, they don't have a club and money.

matai - was outstanding in the first half. Ran like a forward into the fray. Errr...goalkick wasn't that good.

Mason

Ballin

Unusual to see Brett Stewart failed to poll a single vote even though 12 different players got points
(including Gutherson who didn't even play)

Unusual to see Brett Stewart failed to poll a single vote even though 12 different players got points
(including Gutherson who didn't even play)

Snake was being punished for not scoring a try.
It was expected that he would score at Brookie but he let the stats down badly.

As to Gutho getting a vote, we have some alcoholics in the forum.
Please be kind to those suffering from vision impairment due to inebriation.
Temperance is only observed by players whom have an issue with moderation and self-control. I believe there is no such guideline for forum users. Please ask Dan to confirm this.
-

Last edited:

Snake was being punished for not scoring a try.
It was expected that he would score at Brookie but he let the stats down badly.

As to Gutho getting a vote, we have some alcoholics in the forum.
Temperance is only for observed by players whom have an issue with moderation and self-control. I believe there is no such guideline for forum users. Please ask Dan to confirm this.
-
It's interesting that Gutherson has been on the list every week despite only playing 5 minutes against the Eels.

It's interesting that Gutherson has been on the list every week despite only playing 5 minutes against the Eels.

One might think he is on the forum voting for himself, or a relative is.
Otherwise, read my reply to SeaEagleRock8.
If Clinton is on this forum, ...
Hi Gutho! Love your work. Get well soon, buddy. Go Manly! @;)

Temperance is only observed by players whom have an issue with moderation and self-control. I believe there is no such guideline for forum users. Please ask Dan to confirm this.
-
I'll ask @mozgrame to look into this. :trafficlight2::runner::walking:
:D;):eek:

It's such a shame to lose Gutho the way we did. I was really looking forward to seeing him get some decent game time this year and potentially take over the goal kicking duties if he kept a permanent place on the wing.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7