MVP: Most Valuable player for [Round 15: Sea Eagles v Tigers 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Great game! now get your votes in and make sure to go an get your votes in!

Exceptionally hard one tonight.....oh and so is picking the 3.2,1.

3 - Foran (Credit where credit is due I thought he really played well)
2- Jake T (his defence and runs were a big part of the win, as mentioned previously he just stopped the Tigers forwards in their tracks)
1 - DCE (some great runs and brilliance tonight)

Special Mentions....almost too many to mention, But Brett Stewarts double. He is amazing.

3 - Foran
2 - Jake
1 - DCE

Very hard this one. Snake only just missed my votes because the halves really had a good game. And they did that off the back of a strong performance by our pack, led once again by Jake Trbojevic. I thought in general that DCE just shaded Foran, but I gave Foran 3 because he did score (though DCE was robbed) and he did set up Snake's first try.

Ligi Sao had probably his best game in first grade. T-Red was again strong, as was Willie when he came on. Lui put in much more tonight than he did against the Donkeys and Mateo had one of those nights.

Best game from Mason all year - he was great tonight.
3: Stewart
2: Mason
1: Foran

3) Foz: best game he's played since Brad Arthur left.

2) DCE: was involved and after backing up from origin really put in.

1) Jake T: "bring him up here, I wanna boof him!!" /Bill Lawry ;)

Special mentions: Mateos goal kicking, Mason's hits + effort, Hasson was reasonably good (!!), Hiku was great as were both wingers, in fact there's no one who played poorly.

Extra special mention for Snake, safe as houses and two more tries to his a Brookie tally :D

Also a special mention to Jarrod f**king Maxwell.... What a peanut that man is. Did everything in his power to get the tigpies home but couldn't get them there...

Last edited:
I think tonight that Hasson went some way to proving that he's not that bad really. He just needs to play like that every week. Offers almost nothing in attack other than some support play (which has seen him score on occasion), but his defence was strong tonight.

Thanks @Dan for kicking this off. Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to watch live, and turns out I wasn't so have just finished watching my recording of it.

3. Foz
2. Mateo
1. DCE

What made me fall in love with how Manly play was the fact that each and every player is a part of every win and every loss. Sure there are times when one player's brilliance carries the team but our team works so well together for most of our wins and that was on show tonight. Not a perfect game by any means but they all worked together and got the win.

finally...an effort worth voting on!

3 - dce, was very very good.
2 - Jake T. As the half time highlights showed...front on tackling at it's finest.
1 - Mateo. Stepping up to take charge of the goal kicking, kicking all our goals and therefore scoring most of Manly's points tonight...! Worthy of some points I reckon.

Many others played very well. Hot chocolates all round!

For what its worth, here is how I saw the team tonight.

Stewart - Is there a better support player in the game than Snake? Proved once again that when he is on form, so is Manly.
Taufua - Still can't catch a high ball to save himself and some of his efforts left a bit to be desired. Not one of his better games, but did make some good runs with the ball and almost sent Snake away for a try.
Hiku - Is a different defensive player in the centres, but needs to learn how to pass the ball.
Matai - Back to something near his best tonight. After the past couple of games its was good to see.
T Trbojevic - A quiet night for him on the wing. Looks very comfortable playing first grade.
Foran - Tonight we saw the Kieran Foran we've loved for the past 6 years. This is the Foz we are going to miss.
Cherry-Evans - Bounced back from Origin in style and but for the video ref would have had a try to go along with the effort.
Burgess - Not a bad night for the Pommy. Solid without being spectacular.
Ballin - The tackling master class was again in session. Made some good dummy half runs too which was a pleasant surprise.
J Trbojevic - Gave Keith Galloway something to remember his 200th game with that opening tackle, and he didn't stop there. With no Four Nations at the end of the year don't be surprised to see him in the PM's XIII side to play PNG.
Mateo - The enigma strikes again. And who knew he could kick goals?
Symonds - Just about every time he touches the ball he straightens the attack. Was also strong in defence tonight.
Lui - Put in tonight and he needed to after his effort in Brisbane. Like Burgess was solid without being spectacular.
Mason - Tonight proved to me that Willie coming off the bench when the opposition defence is tired is the best idea. He can do damage then and his enthusiasm can lift the team.
Sao - The try scoring freak. This kid is definitely a keeper and even with Myles, Brown and possibly Lussick at the club next year, he shouldn't have too much trouble holding down a first grade spot. Scared me though, I thought he was going to run over the dead-ball line before he scored lol.
Hasson - About time he pulled his socks up. His defence was strong tonight and he pulled off some good tackles. Lets hope it continues.
Starling - Not much game time but will be better for the run.
Toovey - Starting Jake over Willie was a good move. As was having the team play expansive football from our opening set rather than turn it into a wet weather slog.

3 points to the crowd, true supporters everyone of them
2 points to 2V, we are running last and he doesnt panic he devises a plan of spreading the ball early and often, players like Mataeo and big red becoming link men and tiring the tigers forwards are then exposed to Mason off the bench.
1 DCE/Mataeo big games from the pair.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7