'Most unfortunate names' revealed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
What do you call some of the most unlucky people in Britain?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7909561.stm

Justin Case, Barb Dwyer and Stan Still.

It sounds like a bad joke, but a study has revealed that there really are unfortunate people with those names in the UK.
Joining them on the list are Terry Bull, Paige Turner, Mary Christmas and Anna Sasin.
And just imagine having to introduce yourself to a crowd as Doug Hole or Hazel Nutt.
The names were uncovered by researchers from parenting group TheBabyWebsite.com after trawling through online telephone records.
Retired airman Stan Still, 76, from Cirencester, Gloucestershire, said his name had been "a blooming millstone around my neck my entire life".
"When I was in the RAF my commanding officer used to shout, 'Stan Still, get a move on' and roll about laughing," he said.
"It got hugely boring after a while."
But 51-year-old Rose Bush, from Coventry, West Midlands, said she loved her name.
"I always get comments about it but they are always very positive," she said.

Implications
Researchers also scoured phone records in the US and found some unlikely names there too.
Spare a thought for Anna Prentice, Annette Curtain and Bill Board the next time you sign your name.
A string of Americans also have very job-specific names, including Dr Leslie Doctor, Dr Thoulton Surgeon and Les Plack - a dentist in San Francisco.
A spokesman for TheBabyWebsite.com said: "When the parents of some of those people mentioned named their children, many probably didn't even realise the implications at the time.
"Parents really do need to think carefully though when choosing names for their children.
"Their name will be with them for life and what may be quirky and fun for a toddler might be regretted terribly when that person becomes older or even a grandparent perhaps."

MORE UNFORTUNATE NAMES

Pearl Button
Jo King
Barry Cade
Carrie Oakey
Priti Manek
Tim Burr

i went to School with a bloke named Sam King

Nothing funny about that i know but his dads name was Wayne i kid you not. He used to own a smash repair joint under that name

My Dad used to race with a bloke called Rick Shaw. And kind of related, I also know a Bradman Don (named after the great man, of course).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7