Most Open Comp Since 2003

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And that's not just because Penrith are doing well again. Doesn't feel like there is a clear-cut favourite this year, unlike previous years, where Roosters/Storm/Manly, etc have been strong fancies. My biggest worry again is the Roosters, they are finding form again and certainly have the talent to go back-to-back. I think, injuries depending, we have a great chance to snatch another title again. It all comes down to health for mine, getting DCE, Stewarts, etc, right come finals. That's all that matters.

A lot has to do with all the rule changes or re-interpretations that are in the game now.
But yer it's there for the taking this year.

Absolutely.

At the halfway mark and you couldn't say with any confidence, just how things will pan out now.

Of course we hope it is ours for the taking - and injuries will be the biggest hurdle. But you could fashion an argument right now for Souffs, the Rorters, Dogs, the Scum and even the Riff (and Parra for the real dreamers around).

I'll stick with my tip of Us v Dogs that last day (for what my tip's worth).

Personally I think if we play to anywhere near our potential late in the season and if we are injury free in the key spots we stroll in with this comp

Couple of big ifs above though

Would love to see a GF where the teams have never met in a GF before.
Of course, this should feature the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles :exclamation:
so an
MWSE V Riff or an
MWSE V Cowboys or Titans or BrizBain GF. Sick of the same old same old.

Yeah i was thinking the exact same thing this morning. 2003 the riff won the comp, hmmm interesting.

The top 3 are on 18 points then the next 5 are on 16. You lose a game and you can drop to 9th.

I think the dogs are going to hurt from SOO. Roosters will benefit. Towards the back of the season, SOO and injuries will sort out a few clubs.

Agree, if we can get through injury free, we are a good chance this year.

For and Against this year is crucial.

Before the season I predicted Manly v Roosters, and Ive seen nothing to change my mind. There has been the big improvers Penrith, Parra and Tigers but none of those 3 teams will be able to win 3 or 4 tough finals matches in succession. Injuries always play their part, but we have proven we can win games with 1 or more of our stars out.

Roosters have been lucky coming up against depleted Dogs and Storm sides to run them into some form.

Eight Teams are on equal points if you allocate the BYE

Manly's differential is pathetic and shows up the second half lapses this year :s

HappilyManly said:

Manly's differential is pathetic and shows up the second half lapses this year :s

Pathetic ? It is 52, in the top half dozen or so

HappilyManly said:

This upcoming Sharks game after the bye is pretty important, a real chance to fix that for and against and keep us at the top of this crowded pack at the top of the table. Fresh legs and the goal should be to put em to the sword for 80 mins. Relentless attack. Knowing our luck it'll be the one time the sharks decide to turn up, we'll fall asleep and win by 1.

no point in allocating the points for the bye today, and saying they are even, because half the teams that do play that weekend will also get 2 points for a win.

voicefromthehill said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
HappilyManly said:

Was probably looking for a statement to match the chosen emoticon.

Rorters +97, Rabbids +96 and Broncos +88 will jump us when they get their BYE points, as they are on 16 and we are on 18 match points. :s

So it is pathetic to go from 3rd to 7th due to our lack of effort in defence :dodgy:

The NRL Ladder is looking shakey for Manly in June :cool:

Alan said:
Hate even comps. Much happier if Manly were 8 points clear.
But last time that happened we didn't even win the comp?!

MWSE said:
Roosters have been lucky coming up against depleted Dogs and Storm sides to run them into some form.
Also lucky because they kept almost their entire premiership team from last year.
And didn't have to go to England for the Club challenge.
And didn't have to send any stars to get injured in the 9s.
And had their halves spared from the Origin bash-up.
Pretty lucky all round!

If we don't win I'd rather an outsider, just so long as it's not Chooks, Dogs, Storm or Souths. :D

HappilyManly said:
voicefromthehill said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
HappilyManly said:

Was probably looking for a statement to match the chosen emoticon.

Rorters +97, Rabbids +96 and Broncos +88 will jump us when they get their BYE points, as they are on 16 and we are on 18 match points. :s

So it is pathetic to go from 3rd to 7th due to our lack of effort in defence :dodgy:

The NRL Ladder is looking shakey for Manly in June :cool:

So you are penciling us for a loss at the same time?

Your logic is looking a little shakey in June

We probably have the toughest draw of any other team once we dispose of the sharks it's all uphill.
Round 15 - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Round 16 - Sydney Roosters
Round 17 - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Round 18 - Wests Tigers
Round 19 - St George-Illawarra Dragons
Round 20 - Warriors
Round 21 - Brisbane Broncos
Round 22 - South Sydney
Round 23 - Gold Coast Titans
Round 24 - Parramatta Eels
Round 25 - Penrith Panthers
Round 26 - North Queensland
By the last four rounds we face four teams that will all be desperate for the two points leading into the finals.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4