Most intimidating Seaeagle pack ever

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Try picking your ultimate Seaeagles pack of enforcers from any era. Only players you have seen in action including older footage.
If they are skillful its a bonus but try making it a pack that would intimidate all others.
8 - Gillespie - Maybe at his best at Dogs but cement brick still put on fierce shots.
9 - Krilich - The bomb thrower was simply an old school tough rake, just gets the nod over Matty B who is pretty tough also.
10 - Ward - this big pommy ba**ard was a rock - never ever seen him get smashed. Every contest he went into, the opposition knew about it.
11 - Randall - Possably the hardest man I have seen play the game. Was at his twilight when I started following footy but he was indestructable. Have a disk featuring the 2 biggest hits I have seen -both Randall specials - 1 on Dallas Donnelly(Wests) & the other mammoth shot was on Bob the bear O'Reilly(Parra). My top enforcer rating here.
12 - Boyd - Aggressive as they come & a bloke you want on your side. Many say he was dirty but majority of his game was pure power aside from a couple of crazy moments. Noone liked doing the Roy Masters face smacking with this animal.
13 - Gibbs - Possably the gutsiest player I have seen in action. Would launch himself like a missile in defence. I recall when we got him from Roosters as a centre he was labelled a lunatic & he lived up to the hype & then some.
Others include Spud, Roberts,BK & I have heard the pom backrower Reilly was a hardman along with Lerch O'Neil but they were before my time.
OK - who's gunna take on this pack?? ;)

Can i put Kylie the Hulk on the bench with that pack? I loved his big blind side shoulder chargers that would crumple players. Also loved some of the shots Beaver pulled off. Remember him putting Jason Smith out of commision? I think he also cleaned up Ahvahn(spelling) for the Warriors too one day.

mozgrame said:
Can i put Kylie the Hulk on the bench with that pack? I loved his big blind side shoulder chargers that would crumple players. Also loved some of the shots Beaver pulled off. Remember him putting Jason Smith out of commision? I think he also cleaned up Ahvahn(spelling) for the Warriors too one day.
Yeh Kylie was a powerhouse & still playing I think?? Maybe even in that WCC game against Manly??
For tackling technique the beavers style is as good as it gets & if it was my best pack he is there. I went for the guys that want to really hurt the opposition more - funny thing with Beaver being such a nice guy he would make those crunching tackles & then put his hand out to help up the player he half killed. Unfortunately his good sportsmanship & friendly demeaner cost him a spot in this pack.

I loved Beaver as a player but got so pissed of with him in the dark days when we would go down by 20/30. Beaver would quickly rip his head gear off and start smiling and shaking hands with the opposition, telling them, "good game mate". I would get so cranky at him, but it reflected his good sportsmanship. Hell of a tackler though.

mozgrame said:
I loved Beaver as a player but got so pissed of with him in the dark days when we would go down by 20/30. Beaver would quickly rip his head gear off and start smiling and shaking hands with the opposition, telling them, "good game mate". I would get so cranky at him, but it reflected his good sportsmanship. Hell of a tackler though.

Tooves & all the champion players hate losing & the emotion shows that steely resolve to win because in those tight games - it can be the only difference. Its no coincidence the greatest players have this edge.
Your point there Moz is one of my pet hates - its like a lack of pride attitude where losing is acceptable & this was very apparent in the Northern Eagles days. The fans seemed to give more of a s**t than the players. :mad: I recall Kimmorley mucking around joking with Storm players 1 game & we were down by 50 points, I was furious. I cant imagine any of the above players laughing unless the opposition was in pain.
So true with Beaver mate but he is such a talent it never effected his game & theres many broken ribs too verify that, prob the only player I can cop it from because he is such a legit champion bloke & was a true competitor giving his all every game. ;)

8. Lurch O'Neill
9. Freddy Jones
10.Johnny Harvey
11.Ian Roberts
12.Terry Randall
13. Mal Reilly

14. D Gillespie
15. M Carroll
16. B Kennedy
17. Ronny Gibbs

That lot would make you think again about playing league. That's if you survived the onslaught.

That pack would smash

Remember when Spud took care of the Lomax brothers. LOL. Two brothers in successive weeks. Awesome!!

8. David the mule Hosking
9. Charlie Haggett
10. Ian Gately
11 Glen Bourne
12. John Jughead Jones
13. Luke Williamson

Firepower galore!

mickqld said:
8. Lurch O'Neill
9. Freddy Jones
10.Johnny Harvey
11.Ian Roberts
12.Terry Randall
13. Mal Reilly

14. D Gillespie
15. M Carroll
16. B Kennedy
17. Ronny Gibbs

That lot would make you think again about playing league. That's if you survived the onslaught.

That pack would smash
This would do me although I would find room for les Boyd.

TWO DOGS said:
mickqld said:
8. Lurch O'Neill
9. Freddy Jones
10.Johnny Harvey
11.Ian Roberts
12.Terry Randall
13. Mal Reilly

14. D Gillespie
15. M Carroll
16. B Kennedy
17. Ronny Gibbs

That pack would smash
Agreed, loved watching all of the above play for Manly. Boyd would eat Cement for entre, so he would drop out of my list.

The current Players are superb athletes,but for raw aggression and resolve(for hardly any money) ,the above group would smash the modern packs of any Club or Rep Team :p

Fondly recall Igor yelling 'Get F@*ed' tn the Leichhardt Stand who were booing him when he was sent off:D

8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Phil Bailey
12 Steve Menzies
13 Luke Williamson

TWO DOGS said:
mickqld said:
8. Lurch O'Neill
9. Freddy Jones
10.Johnny Harvey
11.Ian Roberts
12.Terry Randall
13. Mal Reilly

14. D Gillespie
15. M Carroll
16. B Kennedy
17. Ronny Gibbs

That pack would smash

The problem with that team is no one would turn up to play against us.

BTW I cant have Boyd, he was an insane grub who performed best when he pulled on the Green and Gold against the Poms.

Great side MK. Personally I would go for Spud over Cement, but gee those were good days when we had both of them in our team.

Those Spud v Chief matches were the best of the 90s.

Playing against Robbo would have sucked. An utter champion and played bloody tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_32LdibWdz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqs2iE5_HTI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmQQnDg_mVM&feature=related

I'd say most of the sucking took place post game...

(He is in my top 5 Manly players no disrespect it just had to be said)

Napper said:

To be honest mate, that comment isn't cool.

Robbo said:
Napper said:

To be honest mate, that comment isn't cool.
This is the problem with society. Anything to do with Race or Sexuality has to be tip toed around. The longer it goes on the longer it will take for acceptance.

My cousin is gay im sure he'd like to have Ian Roberts hanging out of him. I don't think of him any differently.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6