Mortimer the Rooter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Mortimer has been released by the Slimy Eels & is officially a Rooter for 2012. Apart from the Eels late charge in 2009 is pretty average anyways imo.
Think its fair to say he would be lucky to shine Foz's boots so should be an astute purchase for the Bondi boys. :p

How about this for a roundabout.

In 2009 the Eels fought strong opposition from the Bulldogs to re-sign Daniel Mortimer. The Eels had Mortimer on the books for a while and had plenty of faith in him, so much so they listed another young half Trent Hodkinson lower down the priority order and he was picked up by Manly as a result. 2010 sees Hodkinson at the Dogs and in doing so squeezing out Ben Roberts from the first grade picture, and as a result he ends up signing with the Eels (along with Sandow admittingly) and they now have no need on their roster for Daniel Mortimer.

Masked Eagle said:
How about this for a roundabout.

In 2009 the Eels fought strong opposition from the Bulldogs to re-sign Daniel Mortimer. The Eels had Mortimer on the books for a while and had plenty of faith in him, so much so they listed another young half Trent Hodkinson lower down the priority order and he was picked up by Manly as a result. 2010 sees Hodkinson at the Dogs and in doing so squeezing out Ben Roberts from the first grade picture, and as a result he ends up signing with the Eels (along with Sandow admittingly) and they now have no need on their roster for Daniel Mortimer.

Crap clubs and crap halfs can mix and match however they want as long as DCE and Foran don't get on that roundabout!

Slow news day Fox Sports reporting they (Roosters) have signed a marquee player so left it on rheir thinking it would be SBW and they report that they have signed Morts

You never know, he may come good with a change of scenery. I hope he does go well and really rubs the slime's face in it.

Parramatta did a make a GF with him in the team so he can't be too bad. I blame the media for touting him as a superstar too early and I think he was made the scapegoat for Parramattas crap form. I think he is a tough little guy and will be a decent pick up for the chooks.

bones said:
Parramatta did a make a GF with him in the team so he can't be too bad. I blame the media for touting him as a superstar too early and I think he was made the scapegoat for Parramattas crap form. I think he is a tough little guy and will be a decent pick up for the chooks.

Robeson was also in that team which says something of the quality of their halves. They were lucky that year to get that close and nothing more

Daniel said:
bones said:

Robeson was also in that team which says something of the quality of their halves. They were lucky that year to get that close and nothing more

They had to of done something right to just make the GF.

they had Jarryd Hayne in rare form, which he has not been able to reproduce, but for that purple patch he was dynamite.

agreed Fro.

They were languishing in the bottom 8 for most of the season, then they just had a great run home. Hayne played some outstanding football and they went with it. There was a fair portion of "luck" in some of their wins that year too.

Most Parra fans would tell you that too

He's an ordinary player. I just can't see another team coming close to our scrum base pairing. I think we look very good for 2012.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6