Morrison Leaves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mellonhead

Reserve Grader
Parramatta second-rower Glen Morrison will leave the Eels at the end of the season after inking a deal with English Super League champions the Bradford Bulls.

The decision to play in England was made easier for the journeyman back-rower, who has played 11 seasons in the NRL, when he was overlooked for representative duties for this year's City v Country clash and the State of Origin.

The 30-year-old former North Queensland, North Sydney and Balmain forward said he had enjoyed his time with Parramatta and thanked the club for three great years in the blue and gold.

"Everyone has been fantastic, especially the supporters. The only regret I have is that I did not come here earlier in my career," Morrison told AAP.

Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald was mutual in his appreciation of Morrison and wished him well for his future career.

"Glenn has made a tremendous impact on everyone here at Parramatta, and has given great service every time he has taken the field. He has a young family, and this gives him the opportunity to finish his career before they start school," Fitzgerald said.

Ironically, Morrison will reunite with recently deposed Eels coach Brian Smith who has agreed to a short-term consultancy position with the Bulls before taking up the reins with the Newcastle Knights next season.

Morrison will also link up with other ex-NRL players, such as, Marcus Bai, Lesley Vainikolo, Chris McKenna and Joe Vagana at Bradford.

Ninemsn.com.au

What a shame!!!!! for Parramatta that is, soon they will have to give a call up to the orange boy for next season....
:clap: :clap: :drunk: :dance: :dance:

Expect them to go after Pritchard and Creagh as well.

Grrr.I can't STAND that team !!!

Makes our job of signing a quality backrower a lot harder....bloody salary cap!

Yeah, but you would still need to convince someone to go there.

Given the current state of their club, they will be like Souths - throw big money around, but players sign for less to play with a decent team.

It depends who else is going there with Hagan. No Joey or Buderus so we will find out if he can actually coach.

They will need a big name to pick up signings though they do have talented pools of juniors all over the place in the greater West.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7