morris out a good thing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
even though he doesnt get the wraps morris has been a big part of the gummies resurgance this year and they will miss him.he has a real good combination with gardiner around the ruck on the back of quick play the balls and provides another option re the kicking duties.pressure on kelly is essential as he will be kicking more.aiton rarely played more than 20 minutes at panfers or sharks so will be interesting to see how he goes over the long haul in the 9 jumper.

Discipline and ball control will win this game.  Whoever completes the least amount of sets whether that be through giving away penalties or dropping the ball will not win.

Morris is very average & never kicked on from his Newcastle playing days. The only benefit is Aiton will not be as effective in the starting 13 as he would off the bench. Would have preferred no Tupou , Gallen or Smith but at the end  of the day its about how the Seaeagles perform that decides the game.

he kicks quite often for them from dummy half.joey johns was speaking about it on 9 last week and commenting how well he was playing,particularly as an optional kicker.at least someone agrees with me.he kicked often at the tigers so  that post newcastle stuff is simply wrong.his darts out of dummy half have been real good with gardiner quite often spearing up the middle off him.maybe you should watch a little closer.

he is no way a  champion  but the real advantage is having a perennial benchwarmer off the bench playing 80 minutes.9 is important and they have been weakened which is can only help us.

it would be silly to underestimate this lot at home.i actually think they will win this game and I am an optimist this year.watmoughs toughness will be missed greatly(although I agree with his suspension) as buerher does not have ruggedness in his armoury yet.hope im wrong but it will be real tight.

I'm very cautious about this game, the sharks have a quality forward pack and we've lost our toughest forward (thanks choc) I also have a lot of time for Nathan Gardiner he will make you pay if you let him run, we can't afford a staggered line in defense when he gets the ball.
Should be a cracker of a game!

sorry matt.misread your post as you said "kicked on",not "kicked".but stick with my thoughts.he has been very good this year.

susan link said:
sorry matt.misread your post as you said \"kicked on\",not \"kicked\".but stick with my thoughts.he has been very good this year.
Tough game Susan - with you on needing a tough pack -these guys will be brutal up front & this is a Watmough slugfest style game - hope the guys step up. Just opinion mate but i just dont rate Morris at all. In fact hope they dont start with Aiton then bring Kelly(who reminds me of a young Preston Cambell) in at dummy half. Off the back of those big Sharks fowards would be a genuine headache.

manlyborn link said:
I'm very cautious about this game, the sharks have a quality forward pack and we've lost our toughest forward (thanks choc) I also have a lot of time for Nathan Gardiner he will make you pay if you let him run, we can't afford a staggered line in defense when he gets the ball.
Should be a cracker of a game!

Yep Nathan Gardiner has been great imo and will tear us a new one if we don't keep him in check. In reality our forwards need to step up, i think Matai will make a nice difference also.

We will win if we keep a straight line in defense and make the tackles.  Watch for the fullback to chime in and score out wide.  That worries me.  We allow a lot of space on the outside and rely on a slide which can be dangerous if we are all not on the same page.  We will win this through a determined and committed defense.   

yep matt.i dont thnk he is a champion  iether but anything that interupts their forward play cant be bad.

one of their pet plays is that old melbourne one where the 5/8 or centre angles towards the corner then props and hits gardiner on the inside running the same angle at speed.our outside back defence is the only real weakness we have shown this year and if we dont cover from the inside then he will get us particularly if matai mistimes his usual goal line attempt to smash his opposite number.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6