Morning all ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know exactly what it is with Mr.I and this forum, but I can sort of see why he's taken a shine to you lot .... in a see of Bulldogs fans on The Kennel (quite literally, I think we've got the most insane collective of internet dwellers going), it's hard to stand out from the crowd, but here he stands out as a bit of a counter-point here to all the Manly goings-on.

We're actually very similar blokes ... in real life we're both vertically challenged, both built like Ricky Ponting, both very passionate about what we believe in, and both ranty little smart-@rses. We're human chihuahua's is what we is !!! Oh damn ... I forgot to call him Punchy ... that sh*t is gold ! :)

Anyway, lets get back to the footy chat ... before I leave, it would be remiss of me to not admit that I'm impressed by what Manly has done under the circumstances so far in 2012.

I don;t know if you guys recall, but the Bulldogs had their own sh*t storms to deal with from 2002-2008. When all that stuff happened with Brett Stewart, watching it unfold was like a replay of what the media did to us. I felt sorry for some of your fans'n'folks.

I know exactly what it feels like to win a comp and stick a middle finger up to the NRL world - We did that in 2004.

There's more similarities between our fan bases than meets the eye courtesy of media and their desire to destroy a club once it smells blood in the water.

Here you guys are in the throes of a boardroom sh*tfight. We saw all that from 2005-2009 too. The Des left (ironically to us). Not to dissimilar to when we asked Folkes to go, we promoted from underneath too, as the board continued to fart @rse around us.

So when you take that ALL into account ... as a fan who's walked a lot of the paths you've walked the last 5 years, I thought 2012 would have been the tipping point for you lot.

But to your credit ... your club is still hanging in there !!!

The NRL dictates that the salary cap WILL eventually even you out. It only takes one or two disgruntled players to cause a stir with Toovs and you may lose an extra player or two under the banner of "I've had enough of this place, I want a fresh start / more money".

So it's important for your fans, at times like this (ie: beating the Dogs with their T-shirts and all) to get out and enjoy it.

Kudos to the banner makers and middle finger lifters who got the win over us last Friday ... trust me, I know how it feels to be you.

Ralphie said:
CK you've mentioned a few times abut the bounce of the ball & you could have, should have, might have won. Yet you seem to only see those bounces that went against you and not those that went for you such as when Barba didn't even contest the bomb, that bounce could have, should have, might have resulted in another Manly try. It cuts both ways.
Totally agree ... I'm only glossing over points because I'm trying to talk to everyone. But duly noted.

The funniest thing about that moment was all the commentators carrying on about how Barba saved the try by getting hold of the pill when he was the reason they were in that situation in the first place.
I go back to Ennis's miss kick from dummy half that landed near your 30m ... then comes a set-of-6 in good position, and you guys put the bomb up that led to Barba's indecision ...

Another point, my wife was a Dogs supporter when I married her and she is now a rabid die hard Manly supporter. What that means is that it isn't too late for you lot to get on our bandwagon and enjoy some success.
If she's willing to do that for you, then she's a keeper .... tell her Bulldogs fans found out and said "A jihad on her village".

My wife on the other hand is Polish, knows nothing about footy (other than Bulldogs are the centre of the universe of course), and after 10 years of knowing her, she still enters the room and asks "who's batting ?"

Thanks CK - you have answered my questions, some well, some in a very obtuse fashion. But the vertically challenged statement about our regular visitor explains quite a lot about our other regular visitor, I think they call it short mans syndrome.

Either way you should come and identify yourselves to the supporters on the hill next game (you will know which ones), I will buy you a warm overpriced beer - I may not like your team too much, but would love to assess both of you in person. No Internet persona to hide behind...

hahaha a few good posts above :)

I'd offer to return the favour voicefromthehill, but I'd have to take out a small loan in order to fund the beer I was buying you. If anything is overpriced and guaranteed to scare, it's food at ANZ Stadium!

Yep it's true we are both small, and if I can use a terrible analogy we are both the equivalent of Toyota Echos. We're small, slow off the mark, annoy the crap out of others, and are constantly going 100 miles and hour driven by people with little car syndrome.

That said CK and I together, in close proximity, could just become the most annoying thing in the world. I'm talking, more annoying than a years worth of Danny Wiedler *exclusives*.. Yes I went there *gasp*.

Nah, in reality CK is a little more like his internet persona than myself. I'm more pitbull than jack russell though, in that I have to have the last word, never let things go, and am always on the attack (sometimes too much). At the end of the day though, there are quite a few posts on here that show my real life side much better.

MrInvisible said:
I'd offer to return the favour voicefromthehill, but I'd have to take out a small loan in order to fund the beer I was buying you. If anything is overpriced and guaranteed to scare, it's food at ANZ Stadium!

Yeah I remember the cost from all the Grand Finals I have been too over the last 5 years ;)

voicefromthehill said:
MrInvisible said:

Yeah I remember the cost from all the Grand Finals I have been too over the last 5 years ;)

Isnt Anz and Sfs Manlys home ground in september and October
4-0 at the Sfs in September since 2007
2-1* at Anz in October since 2007
* beaten by a team 1 who cheated the cap ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4