1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morning all ...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by CaptainKickass, Apr 28, 2012.

1. CaptainKickass

CaptainKickass Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Disclaimer : Massive Dogs fan.

Several months ago, I came here to test the waters in the wake of Des's defection to our club. I thought I'd come here for a whole day and give y'all a chance to sling some verbal arrows right AT a Dogs fan, rather than from a distance and/or the safety of a keyboard on a forum where it'd go un-noticed.

For the most part, it went well. But it was never gonna be anything like game week, and back then we didn't know what the draw was.

Now if nothing else, I'm a man of my word. - I said win, lose or draw, I'd be back here the day after we first play. I would have come here in the lead-up but I feared (like last time) that would have been mistaken for trolling.

In the lead up we had "Be Manly, Be A Bulldog" shirts ... not to mention the Foran will he / won't he debate ... you lot have had 6 months to stew over Des's (and Crusher's, and others) decisions ... As it turns out, the game is done and dusted and your Eagles went away the grinners by a meagre two points. Accordingly, here I am to get some lumps !

So here's the deal ... I'm gonna be here ALL day and most of tomorrow. (except between 2pm-midnight today) - I'll try my best to answer you all individually.

Got a sledge ? Fire away !
    Got a question ? Shoot !

I've already been lurking around here for 30mins or so this morning ... The over-whelming feeling I get from your fans is "Relief" !

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Hey KA
    Do you rate Hodkinson Reynolds and Keating ?
    Do you think Hasler will deliver you a premiership ?

3. CaptainKickass

CaptainKickass Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    1. Yes, yes and a little bit.

Crazy as this may sound, I would much prefer we keep Reynolds at a fairer price, than break the bank trying to get Foran.

2. Yes.

4. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Ok i'll bite, it was a great game last night. Dogs played quite well and i think your number 6 is a great player. We are not relieved, we are just happy to get some troops back, at full strength we are a top 4 side that will again challenge for the premiership :)

5. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Especially after the massive dump I just took :D

Bad luck mate, a good game.

My question - Is Mr Invisible really invisible? Or does he just wish to be because he has a head like a sackful of ass holes?

6. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,752 / 57
    Nobody cares go back to the kennel.

7. CaptainKickass

CaptainKickass Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hard to argue. You are after all reigning premiers, and it was clear to me going into the game we weren't playing mugs. Especially once it was known the brothers were returning.

I gotta be honest, I thought the 'hype' and 'pressure' would cause the squad to wilt. But it was still going to be a big ask for us considering we're basically without a halfback.

Didn't stop me from hating on you all week though ... :p

8. voicefromthehill

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Agreee on Reynolds, thought he was unlucky not to get MoM - played with a lot of passion, it almost seemed like he was sending Des a message - "You want a passionate competitive 5/8, here I am"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Is Invisible a wanker on your forum too ?

10. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Lol best question ever

11. CaptainKickass

CaptainKickass Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thanks VFMH ... very magnanimous of you.

And in regards to MrI ... I can confirm despite his appearances, he is and very much visible AND engaged to a smoking hottie !

The man can not only take a good photo, he be punching about 6 divisions above his weight !

12. voicefromthehill

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    So sackfull of assholes it is ;)

re the GF - I don't believe it until I see pictures :p

So that must be where his confidence comes from....

13. CaptainKickass

CaptainKickass Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    And a good morning to to you ... :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    Reynolds was very good for your lot last night as was Barba and to be fair, the dogs are a better side with Hodkinson but not by a great deal. The last two dogs games have shown their level. They're gritty and they scrap and spoil but unless Barba creates something on his own, they don't have many points in them against committed defences.

Manly defended strongly but lacked cohesion in attack, mostly due to the combination of players out or playing their first game in a while. Once Keiran and T-Rex are back and the Stewarts get some match fitness, they are every bit as good as the Storm or Broncos. Can't say the same about the dogs.

15. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    So he's engaged to Racheal Leahcar then? Or is its Helen Kellar?

• Like Like x 1
  16. CaptainKickass

CaptainKickass Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0

• Like Like x 1
  17. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Question for you CKa -

Is Mr I(nvisible) really Mr G (two syllables, last one starting with 'b' and ending with 'g')?

18. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,760 / 258
    G'Day KA, 10 out of 10 for coming back. Tough game last night, and I expect there to be a lot of others in the years to come. You, unlike some of the trolls that come here at least have some class. Can't wait for the return game later in the year

19. CaptainKickass

CaptainKickass Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    You know what ... I have NEVER been to Brooky.

I should go shouldn't I ... after all you could use the money, amirite ?!?!?! :p

Now stop it ... I have a reputation to uphold.

Don't want to ruin the myth we're all train-vandalisin', car-defacin', pregnant-women-bashin', misogynists and hooligans, do we ?

20. Boozo

Boozo Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Good on ya KA. You've got guts, a bit of class and you're a man of your word. You should be a Manly supporter.

Great game and the Dogs put up a bloody good fight.