More weird kiwi stuff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Those kiwis are changing the world. It will be "Could only happen in NZ" from now on. Or maybe this is the level of big 'news' over there. I remember the 50 rampaging Santas in Wellington; a motor vehicle company giving away a free goat with every ute sold; the guy charged with assault using a hedgehog; the cat that cusses all the cuzes; the DUI charge on a lawnmower....

Dog crashes ute into cafe
By New Zealand correspondent Kerri Ritchie

A New Zealand dog had a lucky escape after taking its owner's ute for a drive and crashing into a cafe.

It seems Wilco, a staffordshire-ridgeback cross, got tired of waiting for his owner, who had ducked into a shop in the South Island town of Cromwell.

Wilco pushed the gear stick into drive and the vehicle rolled about 15 metres before crashing into the Fusee Rouge Cafe.

Cafe owner Jacynda Wallace said it was a big shock.

"The dog was in the truck and the man was on the phone ringing his insurance company," she said.

"Everyone is talking about it. Lots of people from Auckland are talking about it and TV One, TV3 have rung me."

Ms Wallace says the front doors of her cafe will have to be replaced but she might name a sandwich after Wilco.

ManlyBacker link said:
\"Everyone is talking about it. Lots of people from Auckland are talking about it and TV One, TV3 have rung me.\"
  Clearly not a lot else happens over there, particularly in the week after the All Blecks have coughed up the tir-Nations trophy, beaten by the Boks for 3 Tests in a row for the first time in 60 years.

(Useless fact: The 1949 all Blecks also suffered the ignominy of losing a Test Series to Rhodesia (Zimbabwe).  10-8 in Bulawayo and 3-3 in Salisbury, the stuff of legend).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7