More Telegraph garbage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
Fairfax announced a profit of $263.5 million only last week.

http://www.fairfaxmedia.com.au/Investors/financial-results

If you read it carefully you'll see that the 'profit' is actually from selling assets. In fact, their advertising revenue was down 24% for the year. This is unsustainable.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Agree that it's his pride and joy, because it reflects his politics. But it is a very long way from the best newspaper in the country.

While it is a heavily right-leaning newspaper - counter balancing the SMH and ABC - it has quality journalists and a depth of coverage that I don;t believe any other paper has.
What would you see as the best?

The Who said:
Ralphie said:
Fairfax announced a profit of $263.5 million only last week.

http://www.fairfaxmedia.com.au/Investors/financial-results

If you read it carefully you'll see that the 'profit' is actually from selling assets. In fact, their advertising revenue was down 24% for the year. This is unsustainable.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Agree that it's his pride and joy, because it reflects his politics. But it is a very long way from the best newspaper in the country.
The Who said:
While it is a heavily right-leaning newspaper - counter balancing the SMH and ABC - it has quality journalists and a depth of coverage that I don;t believe any other paper has.
What would you see as the best?

Ha! Maybe I'm being a little idealistic that there is a best. I'm currently down to reading The Guardian online, but I do agree there are some very good (and principled) journos at The Oz.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8