More Telegraph garbage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
The closest to the truth you get is on the ABC but a lot of their funding is currently being cut.

That's not necessarily true either Nicci.
They have a clear left wing bias that they rarely try to hide.
This is like saying that the "Bolt Report" is close to the truth.

Safe to say that "the truth" is a fluid concept and the same argument can being viewed as gospel or utter crap depending on your views.

simon64 said:
Shnorky said:
Jethro said:
simon64 said:
Shnorky said:
I did hear yesterday from a source close to Manly that Brett is going to Canberra, on big money, close to done deal. Couldn't find out when, but the feeling was it wont work for him to stay on. However he is contracted so as far as I'm concerned he stays and plays as per Tooves wishes.
Choc on other hand, let him go we could do with 900 in the kitty

A source ?..........NAME IT.

Don't come on here and throw around baseless claims. If we wanted to read these..........we'd buy the Telecrap.

Get back under the bridge.

Although Shnorky's post does seem troll like, you shouldn't be so quick to label or insinuate that someone is a troll and tell them to "Get back under the bridge". :s

You should take a look at their previous posts to see if they have a history of troll type posts. If they have a history, then fine, call them a troll but in this case, Shnorky has no history besides his most recent post that you have replied to so he doesn't (in my opinion) deserve the insinuation just yet. :-/

Thanks Jethro
Some of us only post when they feel they have something worthy to add to the content, others who choose to insult them belong in the kennel with the other dogs

Ok granted. Maybe he doesn't deserve to be told to get back under the bridge. But I maintain that if your going to start with "a source close to the club", then you paint a big target on your back.

If you're going to report it, at least say where you heard it. We then can at least judge how accurate it may or may not be.

This is just what journos do and I've had a gutfull tbh.

I agreed totally with your original comment except for telling an infrequent Silvertails user, who had no history of troll type posts, to "Get back under the bridge". That's a great way to make them feel welcome.

I am also a firm believer of your latest comment:

"If you're going to report it, at least say where you heard it. We then can at least judge how accurate it may or may not be."

If you can't name the information source then don't bother reporting it as far as I'm concerned.

simon64 said:
niccipops said:
The closest to the truth you get is on the ABC but a lot of their funding is currently being cut.

Safe to say that "the truth" is a fluid concept and the same argument can being viewed as gospel or utter crap depending on your views.
Agree Simon there is the left wing bias that's not hidden but they do, at least on some shows, attempt to report both sides to a story and often come forward and admit when they have reported things incorrectly. The regular nightly news reports appear to be less sensationalised IMO.
I'm two winged anyway. I have a left wing (maroon) and a white wing.;)

simon64 said:
niccipops said:

The ABC might be left wing but the majority of other media outlets are right wing controlled by Murdoch.

There are NO Journalist that tell the full story, with most publishing innuendo, hearsay and rumours as fact.

swoop said:
simon64 said:
niccipops said:

The ABC might be left wing but the majority of other media outlets are right wing controlled by Murdoch.

There are NO Journalist that tell the full story, with most publishing innuendo, hearsay and rumours as fact.

The only truth is that the best rugby league team in the world is Manly. Just an objective comment by a casual observer of facts.:D

So today we learn the senior players no longer talk to Toovey.

Well done Buzz.

Rothtool knows it all about our club, wow the players are not talking to the coach unless they have too.

There needs to be an investigation I think.

bob dylan said:

Well done Buzz.

So what, is he emailing the game plan to them. Probably means we'll get lapped by 30 plus in our next 4 games then. Real credible coming from old bourbon nose. I'll ask the boys that this arvo at the post match function then.

bob dylan said:

Well done Buzz.

And the only way they'll talk to Copyboy Rothfield is if he became editor of Men's Fitness magazine.:p

mickqld said:
bob dylan said:

Well done Buzz.

So what, is he emailing the game plan to them. Probably means we'll get lapped by 30 plus in our next 4 games then. Real credible coming from old bourbon nose. I'll ask the boys that this arvo at the post match function then.

Please do. They could probably do with a bit of a laugh.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
mickqld said:
bob dylan said:

Well done Buzz.

Please do. They could probably do with a bit of a laugh.
From the director of Manly football operations. "Utter rubbish". Say no more Rothcock is a liar and is on a crusade to bring us down. Don't believe a word of his s..t.

That'll teach 'em to go after Manly:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/20/news-corp-australia-leaked-accounts-show-1000-jobs-cut-across-mastheads

sheridanstand78 said:
Rothtool knows it all about our club, wow the players are not talking to the coach unless they have too.

There needs to be an investigation I think.

Funny BUT I seem to remember Tooves with beer in hand laughing and joking with a few of the players when I took Spooky's new banner up for BJ to sign.

Utter bull****!!

Budgewoi Eagle said:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/20/news-corp-australia-leaked-accounts-show-1000-jobs-cut-across-mastheads

Yeah well maybe if they actually printed factual 'NEWS REPORTS' instead of made up fanciful 'NEWS STORIES' to try to cause controversy and hits on their websites, they would probably be doing a lot better.

Budgewoi Eagle said:

Well they can't sack Rothfool and DUI Becky otherwise they'll create massive job losses in the spirits industry.

Jethro said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:

Yeah well maybe if they actually printed factual 'NEWS REPORTS' instead of made up fanciful 'NEWS STORIES' to try to cause controversy and hits on their websites, they would probably be doing a lot better.

The truth of the matter is that The Australian is the best newspaper in Australia, and has been for many years. It has always lost money, and I believe some of the reason is that News Ltd foist a lot of their costs onto this paper for taxation reasons I don't pretend to understand. The Australian is Rupert's pride and joy; a quality broadsheet that allows him to offset criticisms of some of his less reputable tabloids.
While this leak indicates that News Ltd newspapers are in financial trouble, it is nothing compared to Fairfax. The quality of the Fairfax media - once the finest in the land - has deteriorated to such a degree that I can't see them surviving. It won't be long before News Ltd is the only major publisher in Australia.

The Who said:
Jethro said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:

The truth of the matter is that The Australian is the best newspaper in Australia, and has been for many years. It has always lost money, and I believe some of the reason is that News Ltd foist a lot of their costs onto this paper for taxation reasons I don't pretend to understand. The Australian is Rupert's pride and joy; a quality broadsheet that allows him to offset criticisms of some of his less reputable tabloids.
While this leak indicates that News Ltd newspapers are in financial trouble, it is nothing compared to Fairfax. The quality of the Fairfax media - once the finest in the land - has deteriorated to such a degree that I can't see them surviving. It won't be long before News Ltd is the only major publisher in Australia.

Fairfax announced a profit of $263.5 million only last week.

http://www.fairfaxmedia.com.au/Investors/financial-results

The Who said:
Jethro said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:

Agree that it's his pride and joy, because it reflects his politics. But it is a very long way from the best newspaper in the country.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2