More Telegraph garbage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Andrew Johns, on CH9s Sunday Footy show was talking about something and factiously said to James Hooper,
"I read it in the DT,.. so it must be true.."

Point being, everyone knows it's a dodgy paper.

bob dylan said:
Rothfield is hunting Josh Starling tomorrow.

Expect Josh to be cited and suspended on Phils evidence.

A still of a hand in someones face can look pretty incriminating but hopefully the before/after video shows no actual gouge (which would seem right if the ref was on the spot and the player didn't react).

I'd imagine if that's the case and he's still charged to appease Rothfield then any 2-bit barrister could argue him off that charge. I think Brett Stewart knows a good one...

Have a look at the pic josh cannot even see where his hand is as he is buried under a sea of vermin - hard to see where the intent is.

Nothing in it. Just a storm in a bourbon glass whipped up by a drunken old street bum masquerading as a journalist.

They bunnies player did not report an eye gouge. There's been no mention on an injury. The radio coverage made no mention of a player getting up rubbing his eyes.
I think a lot of frame by frame scrutiny has been done here and they've gone - oh, look at this angle, we could come up with an eye gouge from Starling. Gold. Let's rub out a Manly player.
Meanwhile the filthy chicken wing on Matai hardly rates a mention and is seen as Toovey whinging.
I'm perhaps one eyed - unlike the alleged gouge victim -he still has two, but fair dinkum, what a load of crap.

It's clearer than ever that now is the time to switch off the media until the end of the season, otherwise we are going to whip ourselves into a frenzy every day.

Manly have not done much wrong this year. We have won plenty of games and lost a few. The wins are not cause for mass celebration (leave that for souths fans), and the losses aren't cause for a "sky is falling" response.

The tele and its ilk will try and talk up any drama.

There are still 4 games until the finals. A lot will happen between now and then. Steady as she goes.

bob dylan said:
Rothfield is hunting Josh Starling tomorrow.

Expect Josh to be cited and suspended on Phils evidence.
wonder how his mate Zorba likes his continuing attack on his beloved club,the club he loves with a passion,does he just stand back and not have a go at the red faced party clown

If I didn't come on to this forum then I would be blissfully unaware of any campaign by hack "journalists" working for hack "papers" trying to undermine our club.

Just saying.

simon64 said:
Shnorky said:
I did hear yesterday from a source close to Manly that Brett is going to Canberra, on big money, close to done deal. Couldn't find out when, but the feeling was it wont work for him to stay on. However he is contracted so as far as I'm concerned he stays and plays as per Tooves wishes.
Choc on other hand, let him go we could do with 900 in the kitty

A source ?..........NAME IT.

Don't come on here and throw around baseless claims. If we wanted to read these..........we'd buy the Telecrap.

Get back under the bridge.

Although Shnorky's post does seem troll like, you shouldn't be so quick to label or insinuate that someone is a troll and tell them to "Get back under the bridge". :s

You should take a look at their previous posts to see if they have a history of troll type posts. If they have a history, then fine, call them a troll but in this case, Shnorky has no history besides his most recent post that you have replied to so he doesn't (in my opinion) deserve the insinuation just yet. :-/

Jethro said:
simon64 said:
Shnorky said:
I did hear yesterday from a source close to Manly that Brett is going to Canberra, on big money, close to done deal. Couldn't find out when, but the feeling was it wont work for him to stay on. However he is contracted so as far as I'm concerned he stays and plays as per Tooves wishes.

Don't come on here and throw around baseless claims. If we wanted to read these..........we'd buy the Telecrap.

Although Shnorky's post does seem troll like, you shouldn't be so quick to label or insinuate that someone is a troll and tell them to "Get back under the bridge". :s

You should take a look at their previous posts to see if they have a history of troll type posts. If they have a history, then fine, call them a troll but in this case, Shnorky has no history besides his most recent post that you have replied to so he doesn't (in my opinion) deserve the insinuation just yet. :-/

Thanks Jethro
Some of us only post when they feel they have something worthy to add to the content, others who choose to insult them belong in the kennel with the other dogs

You know what really sucks about this sort of crap that journo's make up; opposition fans with no understanding of FULL story, eat it up and believe it. They casually see the headlines, and the rumours spread like wild fire. A Bulldogs fan came up to me at work the other day and said "did you hear Brett Stewart is coming to Canterbury"...I had to laugh, but it pissed me off no end.

So Shnorky has posted again, and had another opportunity to state source of information, tip but failef to do so.

Think @Simon64 was right the first time.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
So Shnorky has posted again, and had another opportunity to state source of information, tip but failef to do so.

Think @Simon64 was right the first time.

Do you want name, phone number, address??? what will make you happy.

Shnorky said:
Jethro said:
simon64 said:
Shnorky said:

Thanks Jethro
Some of us only post when they feel they have something worthy to add to the content, others who choose to insult them belong in the kennel with the other dogs

Ok granted. Maybe he doesn't deserve to be told to get back under the bridge. But I maintain that if your going to start with "a source close to the club", then you paint a big target on your back.

If you're going to report it, at least say where you heard it. We then can at least judge how accurate it may or may not be.

This is just what journos do and I've had a gutfull tbh.

Snake said:
You know what really sucks about this sort of crap that journo's make up; opposition fans with no understanding of FULL story, eat it up and believe it. They casually see the headlines, and the rumours spread like wild fire. A Bulldogs fan came up to me at work the other day and said "did you hear Brett Stewart is coming to Canterbury"...I had to laugh, but it pissed me off no end.

Journo's don't necessarily make it up. They get spoon fed information from people within clubs, player managers, opposition teams, anyone with an agenda. What the journo's don't do which they should is check its actually true before printing it. Us as a society do have a portion of blame in this, and its our general want to have all news at our finger tips and history has shown that most people lap up the big headline instead of reading a more accurate version of events that might not be first to print.

At a journalism 101 class in the 80s, a visiting journo addressed the class I was in. He asked "what is your first responsibility as a journalist?" Members of the class answered "tell the truth", "integrity", "chase the story" etc. he said "wrong, your first responsibility is to sell papers, never forget that."

True story. And no I'm not a journo.

Going to Uni as a mature aged student in '05 opened my eyes to a lot of things.
Once doco we watched (not Michael Moore) but it was about Fox media and how the public are only told one view of the story and people that who speak out and try to tell the truth are often persecuted to the point of having their lives ruined, some even resulting in suicide.
Recently, 2012, here in QLD in the week leading up to the state election, every website you clicked on featured an add about 'Can do Campbell' who of course won the election by a landslide but has since been voted out of his own electorate.
Relate this to footy, they tell us who to love, for example, bunnies, who to hate, Manly, who's a good guy say, Cooper Cronk, who's bad, Matai.
The general public believe what they read and what they watch.
The closest to the truth you get is on the ABC but a lot of their funding is currently being cut.
That was quite an early morning rave for the n'pops.
Have a great day and go Manly!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4