More spin from the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I note comments by NRL Chief Operating Officer that the reason they can't change the best game of the season - Manly V Illawarra George - from Monday night was because..."It was chosen in April, and in April it didn't seem the game it is now.

What a crock of crap.

They made the Sunday match-of-the-day Newcastle V Easts. If you go through the table at any time in April you'll find that Illawarra and Manly are both higher placed than Newcastle and Easts.

The NRL continually lies to us. But, if they truly didn't have the nous to work out what was the better of the two matches then how did these people ever get a job?

We are backwards.AFL,A-league and I think the NSW football league,all have the draw in advance.It's chanell no 9 and fox that rule the roost,courtesy of the failed TV rights we have.

This is just more rhetoric from a redundant organisation. In past years the level of professionalism in NRL administration has dropped to an unacceptable level. Bring on the Commission.

The thing that frustrated me is the comment by the COO that "This demonstrates the fact that scheduling a full season in advance would result in issues like this"

WTF? We have this stupid 6 round scheduling and they STILL manage to stuff it up....what's the difference?

Might be wrong here but i thought the tv networks decided on the games? It was down to the choice (channel first etc)

Or am i mistaken?

It's a direct result of Channel 9 and Foxtel getting far too much power given the poor deal that was negotiated by Gallop and his band of merry misfits. There's very good reason the majority of club CEOs don't want Gallop anywhere near the next tv deal negotiations.

ayjay007 said:
We are backwards.AFL,A-league and I think the NSW football league,all have the draw in advance.It's chanell no 9 and fox that rule the roost,courtesy of the failed TV rights we have.

I'll give you one guess who negotiated that as well

I'm sure the game would have been the Friday night match of the round if not for the fact that the Dragons have the Monday night game the previous week. Nine get first two choices for Friday night, but because the dragons are coming off the Monday night game they can't choose that game. Foxtel get the next choice for the Monday night timeslot and they snapped it up.

Spot on Bones. I'm sure Ch9 would have loved it as the Sunday game but Foxtel got to pick before hand. I think we've actually been pretty lucy with our scheduling so far this year in that our Monday night games have generally given us decent rest and its worked in well the byes as well.

bones said:
I'm sure the game would have been the Friday night match of the round if not for the fact that the Dragons have the Monday night game the previous week. Nine get first two choices for Friday night, but because the dragons are coming off the Monday night game they can't choose that game. Foxtel get the next choice for the Monday night timeslot and they snapped it up.
It's not the Dragons who have the previous week Monday night game, it's US! Because we're coming off the Monday night game (vs Eels) the previous week, Nine couldn't take our match on the Friday night. Really should be on the Sunday. Of course having next pick Foxtel snapped it up!

Yeah you are right... I knew the reason they couldn't choose it was because of the previous Monday nights game included one of the teams. I thought it was dragons but you're right, it's Manly. In any case it is the reason we don't play Friday against the Dragons.

Are in this instance ch9 allowed to say this is my first pick I can't have them on Friday as one of them are playing the previous Monday I will have the game for Sunday.

simz said:
Are in this instance ch9 allowed to say this is my first pick I can't have them on Friday as one of them are playing the previous Monday I will have the game for Sunday.

That would make far too much sense simz.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4