More refereeing rubbish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
After the video ref debacle last week, we then saw the ridiculous situation where Robertson scored but we were penalised without reference to the video ref.  The 10 metres was not kept all night and the Warriors continually lay all over the tackled player.  There were other howlers, but they were the main ones. 

So sick of getting cruelled by officialdom.

The lattitude allowed laying on the the tackled player by the Warriors was absolutely the most biased one sided demonstration of refereeing I think I have ever seen. It was comical at times it was so obvious and those clowns weren't blowing penalties.

There was a scrum where tha ball came out slowly. Maxwell was trying to hold them onside but all of the warriors were about 1 - 2 metres in front. They need to tighten up on that it happens a lot

mickqld link said:
The lattitude allowed laying on the the tackled player by the Warriors was absolutely the most biased one sided demonstration of refereeing I think I have ever seen. It was comical at times it was so obvious and those clowns weren't blowing penalties.

My Tigers supporter brother-in-law was watching the game with me today and kept saying the same thing and kept asking me why. I told him welcome to the life of a Manly supporter as it happens all of the time. He kept calling Maxwell a show pony all game.

bollocks
I was listening to the refs in sports ears and they kept saying to each other that the tackles were dominant etc
whatever

mickqld link said:

100% correct, and the more they got away with it the worse it got throughout the game.

Bloody frustrating...

I have a gut full (not an easy task) of the inconsistancy of the referees this year. They go to the video ref at the drop of a hat but not when Robbo asked for a ruling on his try. They rule a scrum for a Bailey play the ball error where later in the game 2 very similar attempts are allowed to continue and they ping players for laying on the tackled player early in the game but let it slide as the game progresses.

Matabele link said:
After the video ref debacle last week, we then saw the ridiculous situation where Robertson scored but we were penalised without reference to the video ref.

Funny how after Bill's Blunder, this one was just washed over because we won! Your right though, it just keeps getting worse.

BAZ link said:
bollocks
I was listening to the refs in sports ears and they kept saying to each other that the tackles were dominant etc
whatever
A fair bit of the time we were going one out from our own line, so fair enough - but not for the whole game. The latitude Warriors were given to lay on our blokes looked way over the top to me.

I thought the penalty against Watmough that led to the first points to the Warriors (Where I believe he was penalised for not standing square at marker) was a load of bollocks.  Anthony was square, and he was quick enough to knock the ball out of the dummy half's hands one on one.  Should have been a knock on against the Warriors, and a Manly scrum.  I believe ref's go in with pre-concieved ideas on players and teams, and that is why we are so heavily penalised.  Its also why anytime Steve Matai even looks like tackling around the top of the shoulders he gets penalised.  The refeering this year has been the worst I've ever seen.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7