More Reasons on Why We Should Play DCE over TH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Halfback Cherry ripe as a potential NRL champion
Steve Ricketts
6 July 2010
The Courier-Mail
Copyright 2010 News Ltd. All Rights Reserved

``BOY. Your halfback is a good player.''

With those words Queensland State of Origin coach Mal Meninga summed up the potential of State Residents skipper Daly Cherry-Evans (right) following an opposed training session at Camp Maroon at Coolum on Sunday.

Meninga's unsolicited remarks to Residents coach Brandon Costin came as a result of Cherry-Evans' slick work with the ball and organisational skills against the elite Maroons.

Meninga is not alone when it comes to his assessment of the 21-year-old Redcliffe product, who recently penned a three-year deal with Manly in the NRL.

The Sea Eagles view Cherry-Evans as the likely replacement for No.7, Trent Hodkinson, who has signed with the Bulldogs for 2011.

Hodkinson, a western Sydney product, was understudy to Matt Orford last year, but did not get a run in the NRL and was a guiding force in Sunshine Coast's historic Queensland Cup premiership win.

Costin, who also coaches Cherry-Evans at Queensland Cup level with Sunshine Coast, said the 21-year-old was on the verge of playing NRL.

``I wouldn't put it past Daly to get a call-up to the NRL this year,'' Costin said.

``I think it's going to happen soon rather than later.

``He is a better player than Trent was at the same time last year and Mal (Meninga) and (former Queensland halfback) Allan Langer were impressed with him yesterday.

``They both gave him a wrap. The nicest thing I can say about Daly is that he is very respectful. He listens and takes things on board.''

Queensland Residents play their NSW counterparts in the main curtain-raiser in Sydney tomorrow night with former star halfback Jason Taylor as Blues coach.

How ddi he play alst night...anyone get out to watch him go around??

Well some good comments in that, thank god we have signed him for 3 years

TH....OUT
DCE....IN

NOW

Ready or not we need him to be more experienced in 2011, why wait until March 2011 to try him out.

TH made his bed so he can live with it

MissKate link said:
. . . .  who recently penned a three-year deal with Manly in the NRL.
Hooray, he penned the deal - but did he put-pen-to-paper? And has he still got the pen? Maybe he forgot to give the pen back :)

The Wheel link said:
Well some good comments in that, thank god we have signed him for 3 years

But has he really?  We already knew that he had agreed to terms with the club on his new contract but if he has actually put pen to paper it would be good for the club to at least come out and report the fact.

I was told that DCE was re-signed before we lost Hodkinson, which was good foresight by the club and his value would have surely risen if he'd known he was in the box seat..

Mark from Brisbane link said:
TH....OUT
DCE....IN

NOW

Ready or not we need him to be more experienced in 2011, why wait until March 2011 to try him out.

TH made his bed so he can live with it
No i disagree
with jamie back we have a team that can give the comp a shake

think back to our best two wins
against melbourne and saints hodko was at half so unless his form does bottom out he should stay in 1st grade.

I would like to see DCE get some time off the bench before the finals

I am with Cambo on this, forget about 2011, I am more interested in giving the 2010 comp a shake, and if Hodkinson is still slightly ahead of DCE at this point in time, keep playing him until DCE is a better option

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I am with Cambo on this, forget about 2011, I am more interested in giving the 2010 comp a shake, and if Hodkinson is still slightly ahead of DCE at this point in time, keep playing him until DCE is a better option
FMD KE agrees with CGC over selecting TH over DCE who would of thought LOL

i wonder if this post is record for the amount of  acronyms used at ST i know there were never this many at MWSE

Correct Cam.

Although I should point out that some punctuation would have improved your previous post no end.

DCE = Tall as a building but has from the single game ive watched awesome skills and brilliant kicking wether it be short or long

TH=Already has minimal experience at halfback in the nrl,has been signed for a buzillion dollars with the dogs and cant control the weight of his kicks

Conclusion = DCE is going to **** all over TH when we play the dogs next year.....however i doubt he will be playing FG this year.....Des is to good a guy to drop the pup to SCSE and bring younger blood into the NRL,Des is loyal and with good reason,most times it pays off....however it isnt ALWAYS the answer and remember this post is written after seeing 1 game and 2 proven legends wrap the **** out of the kid,if you want to see proof of misplaced loyalty,look at Bailey

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183896.msg272375#msg272375 date=1278565681]
FMD KE agrees with CGC over selecting TH over DCE who would of thought LOL

i wonder if this post is record for the amount of  acronyms used at ST i know there were never this many at MWSE
[/quote]

Don't get too carried away mate, I still think you are a wanker, and remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day, this must be 1 of those times for you ;)

trent would have to be injured.. & even then dessie would probably go foran 7, bailey 6 ..  like before.. ::)

i know its bad to say .. but  we would need trent injured plus bailey injured for DCE  to have any chance this year.. :-\

Nah I agree DCE should play now, last year i kept waiting for us to click into gear and it never happened, this year feels the same, lets build towards 2011 NOW!

Central Coast Eagle link said:
Nah I agree DCE should play now, lets build towards 2011 NOW!
.. said that more than a few times ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6