more good news

I fear his heady days of Irish representative football are behind him now. All forsaken for filthy Parramatta lucre.
The spell that Dalai Arthur cast in 2013 has netted now 4 players from our first grade squad of that year. What a mistake to have ever hired him!

Now for Zorba to walk out in protest of Manly losing the Honourable one :lightbulb:
Zorba was a 'deep plant' by the Parramatta club on an unsuspecting Manly-Warringah back in 1969. That ploy exploded spectacularly in 2011, spewing a toxic mix of lava, verbal diarrhoea, bile and pus across the Northern Beaches ever since.

I reluctantly 'dips my lid' to Parramatta. Well played. ;)

Extremely harsh thread and comments. All the best James. Never an All Star, you tried hard, and went out without fuss.

Ummm.....other than the Tigers game 2 weeks ago, did you actually watch Hasson play? Or rather attempt to impersonate a player?

More dropped balls than a dozen litters of puppies. More missed tackles than you can poke a stick at. And to make things worse most of those things came when we least needed it. Last week he killed 3 attacking moves with 3 totally useless hit ups. He dropped the ball on the first tackle after Hiku's opening try with Souffs scoring in their subsequent set. And he later missed a simple tackle on George Burgess that sent the Pommy on a run that led to another Souffs try.

Hasson has played about 35 games for Manly. I can count one, the one two weeks ago against the Tigers, where he didn't stink up the joint.

Parra-doesn't-matta are welcome to him.

Last edited:
Ummm.....other than the Tigers game 2 weeks ago, did you actually watch Hasson play? Or rather attempt to impersonate a player?

Just find it disappointing that we can assasinate some players, yet others are protected.

The issue is we are spoiled for quality over the years. Luckily, Barrett is now going to continue that with young guys from The Panthers.

Hasson played to his ability. He's signed with Parramatta. Good luck, he left holding his head high, and without a shot at our coach or club.

I've got no doubts that Hasson plays his heart out. He just doesn't have anywhere near the ability to back that up which makes it all the more puzzling as to why he keeps getting selected for first grade.

If he played every game like he did against the Tigers two weeks ago he wouldn't cop half the criticism on here that he does. Indeed we were actually on here praising him for the strong defence he showed in that game. Unfortunately though normal service resumed the very next week with a totally useless effort against Souffs.

Hasson's poor game against the bunnies was his worst

Normally he defends soundly and makes no impact in attack, like our 2 former starting props in Origin

But we romanticized their skillsets

Kite was plodtastic in his final 3 years bar big games and games vs Melbourne and King spent more time off the field than on it giving away weird penalties acting tough

Hasson is a current model Willow,whose plodness was hidden by the fact he played in winning teams and only got game time because he and the coach shared hairdressers

Vic Mauro was another plod in the mold Hasson has broken, if we we're winning his plodness would be glossed over

Hasson's poor game against the bunnies was his worst

Normally he defends soundly and makes no impact in attack, like our 2 former starting props in Origin

But we romanticized their skillsets

Kite was plodtastic in his final 3 years bar big games and games vs Melbourne and King spent more time off the field than on it giving away weird penalties acting tough

Hasson is a current model Willow,whose plodness was hidden by the fact he played in winning teams and only got game time because he and the coach shared hairdressers

Vic Mauro was another plod in the mold Hasson has broken, if we we're winning his plodness would be glossed over
Vic Mauro was not a plodder, fighter or dropper of balls. Vic ran straight and was a Ballin like tackle machine :clap:

He made little impact in attack, he was the ploddiest plod we had that year
That's insulting. He helped us win a premiership and I can never remember him making a mistake. He certainly wouldn't have dropped the ball from the kick-off seconds after we went to the front against Souffs, which lead immediately to Souffs scoring.

He made little impact in attack, he was the ploddiest plod we had that year
Disagree, Vic was always reliable and did all that was required.

STATS

I will always remember that amazing pass to Ballin for his try against the Cows in the semis :clap:
We were 0-8 at half time and finished 40-8!

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2